Is everyone hoping for a QB in round 1???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hoping to get one of the top 3, yes.
Do I think its realistic? Well, that's a different story. I don't think Wentz/Goff is realistic and am not confident that Lynch will be at #15

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I think they should draft one. Even a trade up for Lynch should be made if they have too.
Will they"? Hope i'm wrong but I don't see it.
It seems the time scheduled has changed or someone is trying to prove a point.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1st round hope is that it is Goff, Wentz, or Lynch. If they're gone by the time the Rams draft then I take Doctson, Treadwell, or even the TE Henry. Get the weapon you cannot get otherwise, then go QB in round 2. First three would be something along the lines of:

1. Doctson
2. Cook/Prescott/etc
3. Boyd

No later than round 2 though. If you like a guy with a round 3 or 4 grade, I don't care, take him to ensure you get the QB you want. That reach is easier to stomach in round 2 than it is up high.

lockdnram21

Legend
1st round hope is that it is Goff, Wentz, or Lynch. If they're gone by the time the Rams draft then I take Doctson, Treadwell, or even the TE Henry. Get the weapon you cannot get otherwise, then go QB in round 2. First three would be something along the lines of:

1. Doctson
2. Cook/Prescott/etc
3. Boyd

No later than round 2 though. If you like a guy with a round 3 or 4 grade, I don't care, take him to ensure you get the QB you want. That reach is easier to stomach in round 2 than it is up high.
Don't think they pick 2 receivers that high

Rams43

Hall of Fame
With regard to the OP's question.

What position do we lack that's keeping us out of the playoffs, according to pundits?

What is the most important position in football?

What position is the hardest to find and acquire in football?

What position will teams be most likely to trade the farm for?

What position do most playoff teams share in common as a strength?

Do I need to go on? The answer to all of the above is QB.

Hell YES we will (and should) draft a QB in the 1st round this year. Don't know exactly which one it will be, but it will be one of Wentz, Goff, Lynch, or Cook. Bank it. Lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Don't think they pick 2 receivers that high

Curious why you would think that. It's an enormous need and Snead has shown a tendency to load certain positions.

lockdnram21

Legend
Curious why you would think that. It's an enormous need and Snead has shown a tendency to load certain positions.

I didn't list Hunter as an option at 15 but I suspect he might be in play for them too if Lynch is gone. Like with the receivers he's a latter half of round 1 value so it's not that big a reach and he's not going to last long once he gets into the 20s, even if he does get there.
Because of all the other needs. They will probably pick 1 in first 2 rounds then maybe 1 in later rounds. I expect a cb drafted in first 3 rounds. We currently don't have a #1 cb also we need a fs And Te

Giving Keenum a big target like Hunter might be a very wise use of that pick if they can't get a QB there.

lockdnram21

Legend

What position do we lack that's keeping us out of the playoffs, according to pundits?

Hell YES we will (and should) draft a QB in the 1st round this year. Don't know exactly which one it will be, but it will be one of Wentz, Goff, Lynch, or Cook. Bank it. Lol.
The top 3 want be there and we don't have enough to trade up. It would be dumb to pick Cook at 15

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
My guess is we draft Snead's favorite WR at 15 and draft Cook with our 1st pick in the second round. I'm actually starting to think Cook may be a sleeper in the eyes of many teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Cook goes much higher than everyone is expecting.

I agree. Will not get past broncos and it is likely someone trades back into the first to get him.

Ram65

Legend
Yes! Got to have a viable NFL QB. It's way past the time so the Rams can be competitive.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I would love Wentz or Goff, possibly lynch but I would not even think about drafting cook in the first round, how much better is he going to be than Keenum? I think we all know QB is the hardest position to get right in the draft and is the most important in regards to a teams success, but drafting a QB like cook in the first round is just stupid. And say they do draft one of these guys, do we expect them to succeed right away with our current offensive weapons? I wouldn't "bank" on any of that, I say they draft the best player available round 1 if the "top 3" QBS are gone.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'm hoping for Lynch or Cook in the 2nd, to be honest. That would be brills as I think that's where BPA and need meet in this draft.

To be honest, and I hate being a debbie downer but I don't think our future franchise QB is in this draft, no matter who we get. (I truly believe this but the added benefit is that I get rewarded for being wrong!)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think they take Doctson with the 15 pick and then trade up into round 1 to take Cook. I hope that is not the case because I don't like Cook.....at all.

If that is not the plan then it is WR, CB, WR/TE............or CB, WR, TE and a QB late.

I expected it early on but the closer it gets my heart tells me yes but my mind is telling me there going CB, WR with a good chance for a trade down

Snead and Fisher love to have their picks. A trade back would not surprise me.

Not a fan of Lynch

If they cant trade up for Wentz or Goff , I'd rather they trade down for Cook

But yes , I'm hoping for a QB

Again, Snisher loves picks. At this point I am not expecting a trade up.

YES! I want them to trade up to get Wentz but at least get Goff or Lynch. And hell to the big fat no to drafting Cook in any round!

I'd be happy with Lynch, even with a small trade up.

1. Doctson
2. Cook/Prescott/etc
3. Boyd

I think this is how it plays out also.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams front office
Do I expect it? No.
Would I like it? Depends. Only if it's Wentz or Goff.
Yep. Anything other than these two and it is hardly likely to result in any short term success.
I think Fisher and Snead need to make a serious move to land one of these two, because I can't see how another losing season (or two) is acceptable. Surely it is now or never for Fisher/Snead? It would seem logical to assume their jobs are very much on the line over the next season.

Also agree that a trade up is not likely. More likely we trade down due to the amount of picks we have and the long list of needs.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I expect the Rams to hold the #1 pick before April 28th rolls around.
You have the sight friend.....(y);)

hell-yeah-gif.gif

YES! I want them to trade up to get Wentz but at least get Goff

Hell YES we will (and should) draft a QB in the 1st round this year.
Need some lottery numbers from yall....pronto!!!!