Is Chip Kelly on the way out?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Was watching the game thinking "Is it actually possible the Eagles are worse than the Rams?"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But my dream team would still be Hue Jackson at HC and Jim Schwartz at DC.

Yes Williams staying or Schwartz coming in and Hue Jackson and I concur Hue Jackson would be an excellent hire.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes Williams staying or Schwartz coming in and Hue Jackson and I concur Hue Jackson would be an excellent hire.

I don't see Williams staying. You've got three issues:
1. Williams's reputation (I think most coaches will shy away from working with him)
2. Williams being bypassed for the HC job
3. Williams and Fisher are very close

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't see Williams staying. You've got three issues:
1. Williams's reputation (I think most coaches will shy away from working with him)
2. Williams being bypassed for the HC job
3. Williams and Fisher are very close

All good points not sure about Williams thinking Head Coach is an option any more, but when Jackson was Head Coach of the Raiders Chuck Bresnahan was the DC and I realize he kept him because they did not make many changes on the staff after taking over for Tom Cable, but I would think if Williams was interested Jackson should consider it taking into account that Williams is one of the top DC's in the game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All good points not sure about Williams thinking Head Coach is an option any more, but when Jackson was Head Coach of the Raiders Chuck Bresnahan was the DC and I realize he kept him because they did not make many changes on the staff after taking over for Tom Cable, but I would think if Williams was interested Jackson should consider it taking into account that Williams is one of the top DC's in the game.

I'd love for Hue to keep Williams, Waufle, Fassel, and a couple other assistants in place. But I'm not betting on it. Would be very smart, though, for our next HC. I just think they'll want to put their mark on the team.

But yea, just don't hire Bresnahan haha.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Give a head coach too much personnel control and

nuclear-explosion-gif-91-519826201.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd probably take Chip over Fisher at this point. Just me.

I think you're crazy. But to each their own.

It's just worth pointing out that Fisher took one of the worst teams in football and built it up into a pretty good team (without a QB). Chip Kelly took one of the best teams in football and destroyed it in two off-seasons.

And now Chip Kelly's offense has been figured out which only makes matters worse.

I have a ton of complaints about Fisher...but he helped build this team up from nothing. And I'll be eternally grateful for that. He just can't get it to the next level imo. Chip Kelly tore his team apart.

So I'd rather watch Fisher's boring brand of football with him building a talented team than watch Kelly's exciting brand of football while he destroys a team.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I think you're crazy. But to each their own.

It's just worth pointing out that Fisher took one of the worst teams in football and built it up into a pretty good team (without a QB). Chip Kelly took one of the best teams in football and destroyed it in two off-seasons.

And now Chip Kelly's offense has been figured out which only makes matters worse.

I have a ton of complaints about Fisher...but he helped build this team up from nothing. And I'll be eternally grateful for that. He just can't get it to the next level imo. Chip Kelly tore his team apart.

So I'd rather watch Fisher's boring brand of football with him building a talented team than watch Kelly's exciting brand of football while he destroys a team.

Sounds like a personal delima. Good luck with that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chip Kelly took one of the best teams in football and destroyed it in two off-seasons.
You mean the 2012 Eagles team that finished 4-12 with the 29th ranked defense and 29th ranked offense was one of the best teams in football?
Kelly has ruined the team with his personnel decisions, no doubt. As for his coaching ability? Yeah I think he's pretty good there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You mean the 2012 Eagles team that finished 4-12 with the 29th ranked defense and 29th ranked offense was one of the best teams in football?
Kelly has ruined the team with his personnel decisions, no doubt. As for his coaching ability? Yeah I think he's pretty good there.
They're kind of on a 4-12 trajectory right now, yeah?
And that Eagles team he took over won 130 games and made 19 playoff appearances under Reid.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're kind of on a 4-12 trajectory right now, yeah?
And that Eagles team he took over won 130 games and made 19 playoff appearances under Reid.
I totally agree he's ruined the team, but disagree he took over one of the NFL great teams. Team was so bad they fired the same coach you just mentioned for how he let the team slide
As a HC I think he did a pretty darned good job of maximizing the talent they had. As a GM he's done a great job eliminating said talent and replacing with JAG for no apparent reason