Is Brian Schottenheimer the Right Fit for the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
HometownBoy said:
Angry Ram said:
Wow really?! Guess it's just the nature of the biz then. I personally think there are other factors outside than just the OC.
There is, but a spade is a spade man.

There's no other way to paint it, Schott is just a terrible OC. There is something that can be said on Fisher for hiring him in the first place though.
Yup cause you or every one else who says Fisher is arrogant or a fail as a coach for hiring shotty has never made a mistake or choose a bad friend.

Fisher hired shotty more then likely because he felt he didn't get a fair shake with the Jets and would fit in better with him.

Just because Fisher isn't publicly announcing his disdain for shottys play calling doesn't mean it ain't happening.

Everyone would like to just say Fisher isn't doing things and Yada Yada Yada none of us are in the locker room or in the room with Fisher and his coach's so all you can do is assume.

I personally am growing tired of the assumptions being slung around as definitives.

After watching Fisher as a coach for all of his time in Tennessee I will tell you he does not call players staff or team out in pressers or public he takes care of it in house. For those of you waiting for Fisher to call shotty Walton or the players out it ain't gonna happen he wouldn't even call vy out after vy called him out for taking him out of the Buffalo game.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Rabid Ram said:
HometownBoy said:
Angry Ram said:
Wow really?! Guess it's just the nature of the biz then. I personally think there are other factors outside than just the OC.

There's no other way to paint it, Schott is just a terrible OC. There is something that can be said on Fisher for hiring him in the first place though.
Yup cause you or every one else who says Fisher is arrogant or a fail as a coach for hiring shotty has never made a mistake or choose a bad friend.

Fisher hired shotty more then likely because he felt he didn't get a fair shake with the Jets and would fit in better with him.

Just because Fisher isn't publicly announcing his disdain for shottys play calling doesn't mean it ain't happening.

Everyone would like to just say Fisher isn't doing things and Yada Yada Yada none of us are in the locker room or in the room with Fisher and his coach's so all you can do is assume.

I personally am growing tired of the assumptions being slung around as definitives.

After watching Fisher as a coach for all of his time in Tennessee I will tell you he does not call players staff or team out in pressers or public he takes care of it in house. For those of you waiting for Fisher to call shotty Walton or the players out it ain't gonna happen he wouldn't even call vy out after vy called him out for taking him out of the Buffalo game.

I think there's a small sum of difference between making a bad mistake and taking a flyer on a guy who had nothing going on for him. It's more like letting a guy who you know is a thief and your friends have told you that he's a thief into your home, then being surprised when he robs you blind and everyone says I told you so.

Schottenheimer definitely didn't get any bad shake in NY, he got 5 years to get over the hump in that town, every time when it mattered most, whether it be Mangini or Ryan his offenses sputtered out when it counted.

Every playoff game they played in and their offenses couldn't more than 28 points?

That's absolutely dismal, especially when it matters the most. The way you describe it makes it seem like Schott was this guy who got a bad shake, he got two regimes, two regimes to right whatever was wrong with him and he still couldn't get it done.

He wasn't thrown out after being given a bad shake, he was thrown out because he was bad with a capital B-A-D.

As for wanting to have him call somebody out? When'd I ever say that? I don't think once actually. I do think there's something to be said in a guy who hires somebody who was universally panned by everyone and that his own players didn't like, that's just me. If you don't agree that's fine, we'll agree to disagree.

I don't want anybody to call him out though, I don't want a dumb media circus about this like we're the Jets.

What I do want is to not have a repeat of what the Jets have and have this guy stick around murdering the offense talent on our team with his bland and uninspiring play. I don't want a good team to be hampered by his inability again.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Rabid Ram said:
HometownBoy said:
Angry Ram said:

Fisher hired the guy, approved the overall offensive strategy, brought players onboard to support that strategy, and should approve every week's gameplan. He's paid the big buck to make good decisions, tough decisions, and to be accountable. I want him to be accountable, damn it. Tell us he made some mistakes, man up for goodness sakes. He doesn't have to out anybody, because ultimately. he is the man in charge and therefore he is the one responsible for all this.

nighttrain

Legend
Shott is a go vertical guy, air Coryell. That we dont have the offense line up to par to protect SB not his fault. Thus the dink and dunk, and checkdown passing offense that we all disliked, much like what we got from the guy SB had first ( memory shot, old age aint for sissies) :wahhh:
train