Is Blackpeoplemeet.com Racist?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We were having this discussion today at work. I don't think that it is racist, however I feel like there is definitely a double standard here. If there was a website for just white people to meet, I feel like there may be an outrage.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Only if you can't get a date because of your skin color. :wink:

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a lot of people feel comfortable with their own race or religion and that's fine for me, but I think that the issue for me would be the backlash for a white website. There are black scholarships, black schools, frats, and even a television station, and I couldn't care less. But I think to end racism, that the double standard must be lifted.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think a lot of people feel comfortable with their own race or religion and that's fine for me, but I think that the issue for me would be the backlash for a white website. There are black scholarships, black schools, frats, and even a television station, and I couldn't care less. But I think to end racism, that the double standard must be lifted.

I agree 100%. I don't care that they have black scholarships, black schools, frats, TV stations, etc. Good for them. Doesn't hurt me none or bother me in any way, but i think its garbage that white people can't have those. I think that is a big part where a lot of racism comes from now a days. Double standard at its finest.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You could always get the ACLU to force them to let you become a member...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I agree 100%. I don't care that they have black scholarships, black schools, frats, TV stations, etc. Good for them. Doesn't hurt me none or bother me in any way, but i think its garbage that white people can't have those. I think that is a big part where a lot of racism comes from now a days. Double standard at its finest.
I actually DO care that they have anything like those things if they are paid for with our tax dollars. It absolutely IS racist. And I have no desire to have my tax dollars go toward white only, or gay only, or (insert fucked up cause here) agendas. Sorry - but I don't owe you shit because you were/are somehow oppressed by someone else.

The dating site I have no problem with.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I actually DO care that they have anything like those things if they are paid for with our tax dollars. It absolutely IS racist. And I have no desire to have my tax dollars go toward white only, or gay only, or (insert screwed up cause here) agendas. Sorry - but I don't owe you shyte because you were/are somehow oppressed by someone else.

understandable, didn't even look at it from that point of view.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I actually DO care that they have anything like those things if they are paid for with our tax dollars. It absolutely IS racist. And I have no desire to have my tax dollars go toward white only, or gay only, or (insert screwed up cause here) agendas. Sorry - but I don't owe you shyte because you were/are somehow oppressed by someone else.

That is a very good point, i never looked at it from a tax perspective.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I wouldn't call it racist. I do think it's kind of tragically misguided though. I wish I had an answer as to why everything in our world needs to be so divided right now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think its needed to have a separate website, but since white people dominate the rest of the dacting websites, I can understand why the creator may have felt it was.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't think it's racist, but I do get how others could feel why this is a double standard

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Absolutely a double standard but it doesn't bother me because I could give a rat's ass about any of it. People self-segregate naturally. It only becomes a problem when government or some "feel good" organization tries to force things on people in the name of enlightenment.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The act of being racially exclusive is by and large a racist action and authority should turn a blind eye to what group an individual discriminated against comes from and any heritage of theirs since discrimination happens one person at a time.

The fact that sights like this one get a pass from that sort of scrutiny although they appear to endow privilege really culture inferiority.

IOW it doesn't diminish other races to be excluded from that sight it really makes the participants complicit in racism which I think we can all agree is no way to live nor attitude to excuse oneself for.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
All black dating site all black colleges there are many examples of this crap.

Recent racist thing I saw is the preview for the movie ride along. There is a part where black guy is in white dudes face yelling your white your white you don't fight.

I hate the stereotype double standard it sickens me. Equal rights my ass.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Recent racist thing I saw is the preview for the movie ride along. There is a part where black guy is in white dudes face yelling your white your white you don't fight.

My question is this ,while I agee many of these instances are things that would become causes if perpetrated by white people, IS IT to the benefit to black people to have this dysfunctional behavior escape scrutiny.

IOW would you RATHER be part of a group who did or did not accept that sort of racial insensitivity from itself?

I'd prefer to expect higher standards from myself in the hope that future generations/off spring of mine learned the lessons instead of having excuses made for not learning them

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I'd prefer to expect higher standards from myself in the hope that future generations/off spring of mine learned the lessons instead of having excuses made for not learning them
Excellent post.

I often discuss matters of race and nationality with friends and colleagues (my circle is very cosmopolitan) and we all agree that, in this day and age, such divisive behaviour is anachronistic.

We can travel anywhere in the world in a day and the internet has brought us all a fingertip away; shouldn't we be celebrating our similarities instead of our differences?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, it's not racist because white people can sign up and get dates on there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Really? We're getting upset at a comedy? It's Kevin Hart. He makes fun of black people way more often than he does white people. You don't think any white comedians make fun of black people or Asian people? Have you ever seen the show Tosh.0?

There's no double standard in that instance. Comedians of all races make racist jokes.

White people do have them. There are plenty of frats that are white. There are Jewish frats.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Really? We're getting upset at a comedy? It's Kevin Hart. He makes fun of black people way more often than he does white people. You don't think any white comedians make fun of black people or Asian people? Have you ever seen the show Tosh.0?

There's no double standard in that instance. Comedians of all races make racist jokes.

White people do have them. There are plenty of frats that are white. There are Jewish frats.
Jerry, I'm gonna need you to find me an all white school and an all white scholarship, as well as a Frat or sorority that only takes whites. And a Clan house next to the college doesn't count lol. I don't think they exist, if they do, I will truly withdraw my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.