Is Barry Richardson the answer at RT?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
26yrs old

15 games

8 sacks

3 false starts

1 holding

This topic was inspired by libertadrocks comment in the "No Sacks" thread. Those stats look very respectable.

That said... how much help does he get from the backs and TE? I dunno? We use the TE a lot to help block.

Richardson is a young guy. He's been healthy. The change of scenery (as X pointed out) and new coach may have helped?

He's done a good job. So, with him in the fold maybe that's one less hole to fill?

Thoughts?

Lesson

Oh, really?
I wouldn't say he's the answer. He might be a decent short term solution but I don't think he's the long term answer.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No, 8 sacks is trrble.

But as a backup or a starter while a younger guy develops I could live with.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:
No, 8 sacks is trrble.

But as a backup or a starter while a younger guy develops I could live with.

8 is a little high. But, both Jake Long and Jordan Gross have allowed >5.

But agree; 8 is above average. His penalties appear respectable compared to others, though.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I think he deserves a shot for the position. More than adequate backup. He's earned it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
He's definitely not a starter. I'd be fine with him being a top reserve for the time being.

I've heard that Wayne Hunter has a large (relatively) salary going into next season...I'd think that he will be let go if that's true. I've got to believe the Rams brass is going to be drafting or signing a FA RT this offseason to start. I could then see Richardson and Barksdale being the reserve tackles...heck, maybe Chris Williams gets brought back as well to be a T/G reserve.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
I'd keep him in the rotation, but if we can get an upgrade I would take it for sure.
That's pretty much my thoughts on it too. He's not terrible, but he's not that great either. If we can get an upgrade, it's definitely worth it.