Is anyone NOT good with either QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ants

Starter
Just wondering if there's anyone on this forum that has a real problem with the Rams drafting Goff...or Wentz...either one.

I'm good either way, and at this point I'm not even sure I have a preference.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would have preferred we kept Bradford last year. But now we need help, and either of these QBs will be a big upgrade over what we have.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have a slight preference for Wentz, but I think it would be difficult for the Rams to go wrong with either guy. I'm happy because I know either way we're getting a good QB.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think drafting wentz would be a huge mistake...but that's more because of how highly I think of Goff rather than a knock on wentz...I think wentz could be very good I think Goff will be great

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I have a slight Wentz leaning, but I trust our scouts that know WAY more than me.
confuse.jpg

Ram Man

Rookie
There are certainly player specific criticisms of Goff/Wentz out there.

At the end of the day drafting QB's is such a crap shoot that there's no reliable way to predict whether a pic will be successful. Are desperate teams reaching this year by trading too many picks in order to fill a need at QB? I thinks so.

Another concern is that I want to see the Rams have a winning record this year. Most rookie QB's struggle in their first year; especially with sub-par receiving options. A guy picked #1 will probably be asked to start week one. This is true regardless of whether he'd benefit from sitting for a season. This may impact their win total this season.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
I have enjoyed the debate. This site has been more educated, and civil than most. Refreshing!

Realize this. There are professional scouts who: "wouldn't take either of these guys in the first round"; "prefer Goff", and "just like the kid from North Dakota State".

Pick your flavor, but here we are. Exciting time for the L.A. Rams!!

If Wentz is selected and you are firmly in the Goff camp, I will leave you with this.

----Never underestimate the resolve of a man.

Wentz has tremendous strength of character and resolve. He has high intellect, off the charts work ethic, and the poise to handle the demands of the job.

He will take a dogmatic workman like approach to improving his game, and he will. He has a tremendous will to win, and does.

FWIW. I think some may have a hard time with him because he played in the FCS, and I get that. However, the top end of the FCS (where NDSU firmly sits) is not significantly off from the FBS. If anything, Wentz may have been held back by this difference.

Once he makes the speed adjustment and has better/faster receivers, I know he will shine.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
meh on keenum and no clue on mannion. (i didnt leave foles out by accident). this org loves burning 2nd/3rd round picks.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I was originally in the "Move up a bit for Lynch/get him some weapons by keeping our picks" camp. I think ALL (yes including Goff) of the QBs in this draft will need a year to work on their flaws. I feel Wentz has the best chance to succeed in our current system. I like how Goff goes through his progressions, however IMO there is a lot to his game that I worry won't translate at the NFL level. If we draft him, I hope I'm wrong.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I don't think Wentz is bad but I do think Goff is clearly superior. I can't really explain it but I get a certain feeling when I watch a great quarterback play. I get that feeling when I watch Goff. I think Wentz can be good but I don't think he's on Goff's level.

nighttrain

Legend
Goff will do very well, some time in the weight room and some steak will beef him up, dude throws dimes into nickel windows
train

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I think drafting wentz would be a huge mistake...but that's more because of how highly I think of Goff rather than a knock on wentz...I think wentz could be very good I think Goff will be great
2nd that

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I will be a bit 'concerned' if we draft Wentz.
But, I am not saying he 'will not' work out.
Just that I think he's a bit risky.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm good with either. Something had to be done to get over the top and be a winning team.
If the Rams hit on all the draft picks they gave up for the QB they would still be maybe a. 500 team if they kept starting a backup quality QB like Kennum Foles or Mannion.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I feel the same only in the exact opposite way, I will not be happy if they pass on Wentz because I think he is special.