Is any team(s) really willing to trade for Sam Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know why what I'm saying isn't landing.

I didn't say another team could a negotiate a contract with a player already under contract with another team. I said, "in principle", another team could negotiate with that player's agent and the COO of the team that player is on, about how to sign said player to a restructured contract. And agreeing to a trade of said player would be dependent upon the ability to restructure the current salary. Again, all theory, but it has to have happened before. I'm not aware of that being illegal and I've checked the bylaws.
I get what you're saying I just don't recall that happening. I happen to think that the main reason teams haven't inquired about a trade is because of his contract. That its a 1 year rental and no guarantee that he'll resign or rework the current deal. If your suggestion refutes that theory then I would assume that means you think the lack of interest isn't contract related but more because of the injury or performance?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If your suggestion refutes that theory then I would assume that means you think the lack of interest isn't contract related but more because of the injury or performance?
I'm not really refuting the theory in as much as I'm trying to suggest the contract may not be that prohibitive. But yeah, if I had to venture a guess, I would say it's more related to the uncertainty of his health at this very moment. Do we know where he is with his rehab right now? Could he start in TC right away for another team? Typically teams are looking for a starting QB to contribute right away if they're going to trade for him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not really refuting the theory in as much as I'm trying to suggest the contract may not be that prohibitive. But yeah, if I had to venture a guess, I would say it's more related to the uncertainty of his health at this very moment. Do we know where he is with his rehab right now? Could he start in TC right away for another team? Typically teams are looking for a starting QB to contribute right away if they're going to trade for him.

Or, it is both the health and the contract, like I said two pages ago. Nobody wants unhealthy Sam and Big contract. Sam doesn't want little contract. Everyone else wants little contract because of unhealthy Sam.

The one team that actually has Sam is interviewing every QB at the combine for insurance because they have doubts that they can rely on him, so how does a QB needy team figure they can rely on Sam as their only option? If they actually are so desperate that they are willing to risk giving away valuable draft picks in exchange for a possible one year rental of Sam, or worse a big contract to a reinjured QB, actually needs those very draft picks they would be trading to the Rams in exchange for their QB, even more than the Rams do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Or, it is both the health and the contract, like I said two pages ago. Nobody wants unhealthy Sam and Big contract. Sam doesn't want little contract. Everyone else wants little contract because of unhealthy Sam.

The one team that actually has Sam is interviewing every QB at the combine for insurance because they have doubts that they can rely on him, so how does a QB needy team figure they can rely on Sam as their only option? If they actually are so desperate that they are willing to risk giving away valuable draft picks in exchange for a possible one year rental of Sam, or worse a big contract to a reinjured QB, actually needs those very draft picks they would be trading to the Rams in exchange for their QB, even more than the Rams do.
Like I said. I was just illustrating how inheriting his contract doesn't necessarily have to be cost-prohibitive.
I'm not really inclined to speculate how the Rams or other teams feel at this point.
Let the chips fall where they may.