Is Andrus Peat going to be the pick?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
I know many people want the Rams to take Amari Cooper or Kevin White or even Marcus Mariota, and I to want the Rams to take one of those guys, but realistically I think they are all 3 off the board by the time the 10th pick comes around. So unless you feel comfortable with the Rams giving up some future draft selections for one of those three, I really can't see them being in a Rams uniform.

That leaves in my opinion a big board of...(and in no particular order)

1. Trade down
2. Brandon Scherff
3. La'el Collins
4, Andrus Peat
5. DeVante Parker
6. TJ Clemmings
7. Trae Waynes

This to me is a realistic look at what the Rams could do at #10. A trade down and selecting a guy like Clemmings or another Offensive Lineman is certainly possible, but in order to trade down, you're going to need a team willing to trade up. So for this scenario, the Rams are stuck at pick #10.

That leaves options 1 and 7 off the board. I don't think the Rams have any interest in Trae Waynes, at least not as much as the media wants people to believe. I don't recall the Rams bringing him in for any visits or working him out.

So we are down to players 2-6. (Scherff, Collins, Peat, Parker, Clemmings). I honestly think the value isn't there for DeVante Parker or TJ Clemmings is there at pick #10 and that they were just brought in for a visit in the scenario where the Rams could find a trade partner and trade back a few slots. I don't think they are realistic options at 10.

That leaves 2-4. (Scherff, Collins, Peat) It's really hard to have an issue with any 3 being the pick at #10. all 3 of them would vastly improve the Rams offensive line woes. But here are some reasons why I think the Rams prefer Andrus Peat over the other two...

1. (And yes, this is how crazy I am) - The Rams had Andrus Peat visiting the Rams facilities with Amari Cooper on April 2nd. If you think that date sounds familiar, you would be right. Because April 2nd is the same day we brought in first draft selections Greg Robinson and Tavon Austin for pre-draft visits. Again, I might be crazy (actually I know I am) but you red to ask if theres something to that or if it's just purely coincidence.

2. Nick Wagoner in his mailbag soon after the Peat visit had this to say about the Stanford giant: "One name to keep an eye on is Peat. If the Rams are set on going with youth on the line, a guy like Peat with a lot of experience playing in a pro-style, power-run oriented offense would seem to have less of a learning curve than guys like Clemmings or Flowers. From talking to scouts around the league, I get the impression Peat is viewed more highly than some of the media mock drafts currently have him rated."

3. A question posted to Nick Wagoner via twitter...

@nwagoner with the rams not showing any hurry to get a deal done with Barks, do u think they are just waitin 2 see if their guy falls to 10? my best guess is Peat. I think he's our pick if he's there. Not a sexy pick, but an underrated player by fans/media

His response: @ScottDavid13 I think your thinking is pretty accurate.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Just read that Wanyes will be at Rams Park this week.

Peat the pick? Not if the Rams are on of those teams that question his toughness.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
As to option 1, trading down. Which remaining prospects at 10 in your scenario is some team willing to trade up for? By what team?

I think we'd like to move down a little in this scenario but finding a trade partner is obviously the real trick.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know many people want the Rams to take Amari Cooper or Kevin White or even Marcus Mariota, and I to want the Rams to take one of those guys, but realistically I think they are all 3 off the board by the time the 10th pick comes around. So unless you feel comfortable with the Rams giving up some future draft selections for one of those three, I really can't see them being in a Rams uniform.

1. Trade down
2. Brandon Scherff
3. La'el Collins
4, Andrus Peat
5. DeVante Parker
6. TJ Clemmings
7. Trae Waynes

This to me is a realistic look at what the Rams could do at #10. A trade down and selecting a guy like Clemmings or another Offensive Lineman is certainly possible, but in order to trade down, you're going to need a team willing to trade up. So for this scenario, the Rams are stuck at pick #10.

That leaves options 1 and 7 off the board. I don't think the Rams have any interest in Trae Waynes, at least not as much as the media wants people to believe. I don't recall the Rams bringing him in for any visits or working him out.

So we are down to players 2-6. (Scherff, Collins, Peat, Parker, Clemmings). I honestly think the value isn't there for DeVante Parker or TJ Clemmings is there at pick #10 and that they were just brought in for a visit in the scenario where the Rams could find a trade partner and trade back a few slots. I don't think they are realistic options at 10.

That leaves 2-4. (Scherff, Collins, Peat) It's really hard to have an issue with any 3 being the pick at #10. all 3 of them would vastly improve the Rams offensive line woes. But here are some reasons why I think the Rams prefer Andrus Peat over the other two...

1. (And yes, this is how crazy I am) - The Rams had Andrus Peat visiting the Rams facilities with Amari Cooper on April 2nd. If you think that date sounds familiar, you would be right. Because April 2nd is the same day we brought in first draft selections Greg Robinson and Tavon Austin for pre-draft visits. Again, I might be crazy (actually I know I am) but you red to ask if theres something to that or if it's just purely coincidence.

2. Nick Wagoner in his mailbag soon after the Peat visit had this to say about the Stanford giant: "One name to keep an eye on is Peat. If the Rams are set on going with youth on the line, a guy like Peat with a lot of experience playing in a pro-style, power-run oriented offense would seem to have less of a learning curve than guys like Clemmings or Flowers. From talking to scouts around the league, I get the impression Peat is viewed more highly than some of the media mock drafts currently have him rated."

3. A question posted to Nick Wagoner via twitter...

@nwagoner with the rams not showing any hurry to get a deal done with Barks, do u think they are just waitin 2 see if their guy falls to 10? my best guess is Peat. I think he's our pick if he's there. Not a sexy pick, but an underrated player by fans/media

His response: @ScottDavid13 I think your thinking is pretty accurate.

I'd rather Parker, Scherf or Collins. I think Peat is not close to being as good as he looks like he should be.

Mayock has Peat as the 4th best OT. He usually has a pretty good handle on where teams value guys this close to the draft.

Trade down and take Erving. That would make me happy.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't think it's Peat, honestly don't think he is really on the radar. Just does not seem like a Fisher kind of player.

I still feel like the Rams are coming out of the first round with Scherff, not what I would necessarily do but my gut tells me it's going to be Scherff. Just my uneducated opinion lol

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'd rather Parker, Scherf or Collins. I think Peat is not close to being as good as he looks like he should be.

Mayock has Peat as the 4th best OT. He usually has a pretty good handle on where teams value guys this close to the draft.

Trade down and take Erving. That would make me happy.
Trade with what team who covets what player?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We are going to take Devante Parker bros!

I'd rather us take a flyer on DGB in the 2nd round! He's going to be a steal because of his character issues. We've got a good record of these troubled guys staying out of trouble under Fisher (hope I'm not speaking too soon....)

Stel

Starter

1. Trade down
2. Brandon Scherff
3. La'el Collins
4, Andrus Peat
5. DeVante Parker
6. TJ Clemmings
7. Trae Waynes

Not a fan of Peat or Clemmings at #10. Like Flowers a lot more.

I'd be good with either Cooper, White, Parker, Scherff, Waynes, Collins or Flowers at #10. Mariota won't be there, regardless of what the "experts" say.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Scherff is that guy that I just know is going to be a perennial pro bowler. Not sure what it is about him, but to me he is the guy for the Rams at 10 just don't know if the Giants are gonna screw it up.

But anyway whichever guy the Rams prefer at 10 I think it's possible they could move up a little and I think the team to do that with is the Bears. They need a NT badly and Shelton should still be there at 10, so it would not surprise me.

Still, I favor the trade down too. Scherff or move down/select Collins is the way to go IMO.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Freak that, Alvin Dupree all the way. Way better prospect than Peat. We don't need a WR and the second round OL guys are close to the first rounders.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Or unless there is there another CB suitor who just needs to jump ahead of them.

Quite frankly, if I were running the Vikings and I feared that another CB suitor were going to jump to #9 and select Waynes, I wouldn't sweat it. I'd be fine with teaming WR DeVante Parker with his college QB, Teddy Bridgewater, and go CB with a later pick.