IOL Question ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Any of you guys familiar with James Daniels, the Chicago Bears interior lineman who is scheduled to be entering free agency following the end of the season ? He has several traits which are similar to Corbett, both being 2'nd round draft picks from the same 2018 class, although Daniels at 24 is two years younger than Corbs, and he's bigger at a reported 327lbs to Corbs' 306, both are 6'4". Like Corbett, Daniels has experience at both LG & RG, although where Corbett was just a thought at Center, Daniels has extensive playing time at the position.
On paper, the guy looks like someone who might be a great fit, although I haven't watched enough of the Bears to provide a proper analysis. Is he in your opinion a viable alternative to either Allen or Corbett ?
jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

oldnotdead

Legend
Have you watched him play? He's terribly inconsistent and when he's bad he's bad. It's why the Bears are likely to move on from him. He's got potential but his technique seems to evaporate at times. Right now he's played himself into a backup position on a good team and perhaps a starter on an average OL. Sometimes other peoples discards are not always gold.

The moved him to RG and he struggled sometimes badly. A much deeper dive is needed. Right now he's not better than anyone they currently have including Edwards who is mediocre.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm assuming that's for 4 years, although I didn't see that. Such a contract is what Scherff is expected to command.
I really like Scherff, I doubt he leaves Washington. Not often a Guard gets crazy money but he definitely will get it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I'm guessing we can afford one lineman, by moving Whit's cap space over to him. So if they sign Boom that's a wrap most likely. Other than a midround pick or two for the pipeline.

Center's interesting too. I feel pretty good about Shelton but he's only got the one RFA year left so they'll need a center this offseason or next and I'd hope it's a pick.

If by some miracle one of these other guys can play LT under cheap team control, like say Alaric Jackson, then we'd be in business for that FA addition.

1644318943884.png