interviews at e w shriners may give idea to rams draft plans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i'm not sure this list is accurate but I seen
1 wr
2of g
3 lb
2 cb
2 s
1 p
1 ls
then I seen a mention of a rt on another list
p and ls very strange has anyone else heard anything

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The shrine game is were I really start paying attention to Draft prospects! Is there a List of these interviewee's!!?

I'll be watching the play "In-the-Trenches" to start with! On both sides of the ball!

Does anyone have any "Special Players" they will be watching!!?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Punter is strange, yes. I suppose that's just them identifying who the dude is for maybe down the stretch. Lot of teams use their scouting grades on the guys who are cut during the first couple seasons. Can't imagine it's anything else, as Hekk is the MFing man.

These lists probably have some inaccuracy too, in that I am sure teams get interviews done that nobody notices.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Punter is strange, yes. I suppose that's just them identifying who the dude is for maybe down the stretch. Lot of teams use their scouting grades on the guys who are cut during the first couple seasons. Can't imagine it's anything else, as Hekk is the MFing man.

These lists probably have some inaccuracy too, in that I am sure teams get interviews done that nobody notices.

Yea I saw a couple weeks ago we interviewed a LS too, probably just buttering up these late round prospects for camp invites. Every little bit of exposure influences these kids’ decisions.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Reality is it could come down to not being able to pay your LS a million plus and as a vet, that is what McQuaid will get.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
usatsi_10407422.jpg

By: Cameron DaSilva | January 17, 2018 9:40 am ET

With the offseason officially underway, things are going to be happening at a rapid pace in the coming months. From the Scouting Combine to free agency to the NFL Draft, before we know it, rookie minicamps will be in full swing.

Before any of those events take place, though, we have the East-West Shrine Game. It’ll be held at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburgh, Fla., on Saturday and practices are going on all week leading up to the game.

With that come player interviews as they meet with teams from the NFL. They’re not very formal interviews by any means, but they do establish a connection between the team and the prospect, indicating there might be some interest on the part of the scouts and coaches.

Here are the players that the Rams have met with so far, according to Walter Football:

• Pittsburgh guard Jaryd Jones-Smith
  • UConn safety Jamar Summers
  • Mississippi State longsnapper Hunter Bradley
  • Bowling Green punter Joseph Davidson
  • Iowa State linebacker Joel Lanning
  • Cincinnati cornerback Linden Stephens
  • USF defensive tackle Deadrin Senat
Additionally, the Rams met with Ohio State cornerback Damon Webb.

Do you see a common theme among those players? It’s fairly obvious that the Rams will focus on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, particularly with three starters in the secondary set to hit free agency.

Mark Barron is also a potential cap casualty, as is Robert Quinn. In all, the Rams could potentially part ways with as many as six defensive starters this offseason. Granted, that’s not likely to happen, but it’s possible.

Expect them to look heavily at defensive players leading up to the draft, particularly cornerbacks and edge rushers. Those are two of the Rams’ biggest needs, along with the interior offensive line.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Senat is a damn powerhouse. Would probably slide right in at NT for us and boost the run defense on day one as a backup at a minimum.

Lanning will be a brilliant late round or UDFA pickup for some team. He played 4 years at QB but then moved over to LB where he played his best ball in his final year. Think about this guy on gameday and what he gives you... Backup LB, starter on teams (have no doubt about that, watch his film holy F this dude plays balls out), and third string QB. Throwback who would fit real nice with our ST room.

Jones-Smith had a freak injury that will concern the teams looking at him (dude was OOC for 15 months :eek:), but he's a huge MFer with a year of starting under his belt. Late round or UDFA project type OG/OT.

Here's a real nice article on Stephens, sounds like he'll be a solid late round option for someone. Like with all the CBs can't wait to see the 40 and shuttle times.

jap

Legend
i'm not sure this list is accurate but I seen
1 wr
2of g
3 lb
2 cb
2 s
1 p
1 ls
then I seen a mention of a rt on another list
p and ls very strange has anyone else heard anything

We lost Greg the Turbo Leg to injury late this season and had to hustle to find a replacement. It may just be a matter of identifying potential at what has become a critical position for us. Also, as PhillyRam suggested, Jake McQuiade's salary situation may call for a change. Jake himself replaced a great highly paid long snapper for us when he climbed aboard the U.S.S. Horns.

Wade probably gets the 2018 Draft biasing to restock his defensive roster this time around while Sean and the trainers toughen up our young kids on the other side of the ball physically and strategy-wise. The Horns' emergence as a legitimate post-season threat may soften Aaron's stance on his salary demands. The proximity of Hollywood and similar commercial endorsement possibilities might offer the Horns an advantage with salary negotiations with our superstar/star players in a market that is suddenly hungry for sightings of Rams players.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
In todays game there was a group of stand-outs to me. DT Deadrin Senat - USF, who the Rams interviewed looked Good!
Others I noticed where;
* DT - Bilal Nickols - Delaware.
* DE - Chad Thomas - Miami.
* DE - Justin Lawker -SMU.
* DE - Kentavius Street.
* DE - J. Rolland-Jones. ( 48.5 Sacks in College)
* CB - Deatrik Nickols.
* S - Natrel Jamerson.
* WR - Daurice Fountain - Northern Iowa
* WR - Steven Dunbar.
* RB - Ray Lawry.
All of these players showed they can play! They are the beginning of my Draft Board!(y);):D

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We lost Greg the Turbo Leg to injury late this season and had to hustle to find a replacement. It may just be a matter of identifying potential at what has become a critical position for us. Also, as PhillyRam suggested, Jake McQuiade's salary situation may call for a change. Jake himself replaced a great highly paid long snapper for us when he climbed aboard the U.S.S. Horns.

yeah that makes sense. I just always assume the worst was afraid it might be cap related.i feel better already.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Senat is a damn powerhouse. Would probably slide right in at NT for us and boost the run defense on day one as a backup at a minimum.

Lanning will be a brilliant late round or UDFA pickup for some team. He played 4 years at QB but then moved over to LB where he played his best ball in his final year. Think about this guy on gameday and what he gives you... Backup LB, starter on teams (have no doubt about that, watch his film holy F this dude plays balls out), and third string QB. Throwback who would fit real nice with our ST room.

Jones-Smith had a freak injury that will concern the teams looking at him (dude was OOC for 15 months :eek:), but he's a huge MFer with a year of starting under his belt. Late round or UDFA project type OG/OT.

Here's a real nice article on Stephens, sounds like he'll be a solid late round option for someone. Like with all the CBs can't wait to see the 40 and shuttle times.

An snippit from talk around the game.

The Winners

Deadrin Senat/DT/South Florida: The only person who as able to stop Deadrin Senat was in fact Deadrin Senat, the few times he wore down over the course of practice. It was understandable, as he hadn’t been in pads for almost a month. When fully energized, Senat showed a complete game; he was quick, explosive, powerful and fundamentally sound. He easily held the point against double-team blocks, collapsed the pocket in man-on-man battles and beat opponents with pure power as well as quick hands. Graded as a late-round pick entering the year, Senat has moved into the middle rounds. Keep an eye on the Buffalo Bills or Kansas City Chiefs during draft weekend.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Reality is it could come down to not being able to pay your LS a million plus and as a vet, that is what McQuaid will get.

...in fact when speaking to the punter, they could also be asking him what he likes about the snapper he is working with.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Do you see a common theme among those players? It’s fairly obvious that the Rams will focus on the defensive side of the ball this offseason, particularly with three starters in the secondary set to hit free agency.
Let's hope so.