interview with Raheem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was in the fire Morris club mid season, but he proved me wrong. Only because he changed his scheme, and stopped playing prevent most of the time.

I don’t know all about that prevent stuff. Just look at the Zona game on the road. Was not an easy task personnel wise.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If he hadn't adjusted he would have been, I have no doubt. But when he decided to trust the talent on the team and turned the dogs loose it was a whole different defense. I have no doubt he will continue to play his guys that way. NFL be warned the Rams have reloaded and will be in the hunt in 2022.

It was clear from what he said on the podcast and how he played his defense, he definitely wasn't used to having this kind of defensive roster to work with. Oh yeah, that last Niner game he stole their souls. As he said he began to trust the guys he had to make the plays. He talked about how Von and Floyd would adjust themselves and it was when he reached that point was when the dogs were off the chain. He knows now and this will be his final season with the Rams because when they lift that Lombardi for the second consecutive year both Coen and Raheem will be gone to their own teams.

At this point, Sean can hire any coach he wants. Like the players, LA has become the premier destination for coaches to punch their tickets on their resumes.

Raheem grew into his position last year. He and the Rams are better for it. I have no problem with him this year. Kudos to Raheem for understanding he needed to evolve and grow with his guys.

That is just a take I had before Cam Akers got hurt.Still reminds me a little of a Fred Taylor who came out early from Florida.A knee injury got him as well.

Raheem was taking to Taylor in 2005-7 when he would drive 3hrs. to Miami from Tampa. He told the Nasty one not for you. He also said dude is crazy after the interview.

The name I got from it all is MEANINGFUL— he talked about Brian Leftwiche, but The NAME he mentioned is Lance Shulters. Ironic that Lance Shulters is going to be on The Rams coaching staff this season.

dang

Legend
Can’t wait to see what Morris does with Wagner and EJones at ILB. The Rams have never had a tandem like those 2. I see Mathieu coming on board. Add CB/S depth thru the draft. If they find another good (FA, Hollins/Lewis) Edge to complement Floyd this could be the best Rams defense I’ve seen since I became a fan in 1972. .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Being a defensive coach works against him in a league where hiring offensive head coaches is the trend.

I’ll add that he wasn’t particularly successful in previous opportunities as head coach either.

Last edited:

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Being a defensive coach works against him in a league where hiring offensive head coaches is the trend.
Is it me or does it seem like defensive coaches have the most conservative offenses? That just sticks in my head. And I'm sure I'm 100% wrong.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Is it me or does it seem like defensive coaches have the most conservative offenses? That just sticks in my head. And I'm sure I'm 100% wrong.
They do. Protect the ball at all costs! I don’t recall any defensive coaches with high flying, risk taking offenses. The most successful one may have been Belichick when Randy Moss was on the team. But it was still the same concepts with tons of short passes to runningbacks.

Which brings up another dilemma when hiring a defensive coordinator to be your head coach. If they get a good offensive coordinator that lights it up, they lose them the following year. A defensive coordinator would help himself out by being on the offensive staff for a few years.