Interesting tweet on Robert Griffin III

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yup. Benching RG3 would be bad for us. Thankfully, I don't think Shanahan will do it with his job on the line. I think he has got to stick it out with RG3 and hope that they can get back on track together.
Yep...and we need to hope that the Skins lose the rest of their games...and the 4 teams below them right now win a couple more. Give us that 1st overall pick so we can do this all over again!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Yep...and we need to hope that the Skins lose the rest of their games...and the 4 teams below them right now win a couple more. Give us that 1st overall pick so we can do this all over again!
we can't trade the skins' pic, can we?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Why not, we did last year, remember? Ogletree was acquired from a trade down with Atlanta. We had the Skins first round pick #22 and traded it for #30 and a 3rd rounder that we used on Bailey.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Man, it never crossed my mind the RGme pick could end up being top 5... I'll still be surprised if it is; but it's possible. :woot:

…..

Legend
I don't care one fkn bit about Mike Shanahan or Robert Griffin....or Dan Snyder for that matter.

A55VA6

Legend
Man, it never crossed my mind the RGme pick could end up being top 5... I'll still be surprised if it is; but it's possible. :woot:
Very possible if you look at their schedule and the matchups. They could lose the rest of the season. And in regard to the draft pick, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are looking better and winning lately.. Possibly both could pass Washington and we get a top 3 pick.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RG3. The gift that keeps on giving. Merry Christmas again Rams Fans!:cool::heh:

I wonder if he is going to publish his Christmas gift wish list for fans to buy that like they did for his wedding.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Very possible if you look at their schedule and the matchups. They could lose the rest of the season. And in regard to the draft pick, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville are looking better and winning lately.. Possibly both could pass Washington and we get a top 3 pick.

That would be... Luscious!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why not, we did last year, remember? Ogletree was acquired from a trade down with Atlanta. We had the Skins first round pick #22 and traded it for #30 and a 3rd rounder that we used on Bailey.
getting another stable of pics from the original trade would be beyond fantastic!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IIRC,Coach Fisher was quoted early last season saying something to the effect of "We won't be picking #2 again."
See where i'm going with this? :heh:

jap

Legend
IIRC,Coach Fisher was quoted early last season saying something to the effect of "We won't be picking #2 again."
See where i'm going with this? :heh:

He was clearly referring to the Rams' native 1st round pick---not the ones conned out of hapless trade partners. :nau:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not sure but I think that applies to the compensatory or supplemental draft picks. But I also recall something about us not being able to trade away a pick that we got from another team. Anyone know the particular rule I'm talking about?

Sum1

Hall of Fame

We absolutely can.

You are thinking of compensatory picks that can't be traded. But you can trade other teams draft picks that you have acquired through trade all you want.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I've always said that we made out like bandits on thAt trade and it wouldn't matter who the pick was. In today's nfl you need to build through the draft because FA's just cost too much to make a run that way.
RGIII is being humbled this year, he'll learn from it and come back better for it.
...let's also be clear, they won 10 games and went to the playoffs last year. We've yet to do either. Our team is getting better but we have a ways to go. The major difference is we have the draft picks to do it while all they have is a future tied to one player and no easy way to dig themselves out of their hole.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm with KY.

I don't think RG is trash, but we stole from the skins.

That said; RG might be trash when Shanny is thru with him.

TexasRam

Legend
I'm with KY.

I don't think RG is trash, but we stole from the skins.

That said; RG might be trash when Shanny is thru with him.

I think he came back too early. He clearly cant move like he did. His game is his speed and elusiveness to move the defense and setup the pass. Now he is a pocket passer and he clearly can't be a pocket passer like the big boys. Maybe next year he gets back to form, if he doesnt get killed before then.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure but I think that applies to the compensatory or supplemental draft picks. But I also recall something about us not being able to trade away a pick that we got from another team. Anyone know the particular rule I'm talking about?

Yes, if you're trading for a franchise player you have to use your pick, not a pick acquired from another team.