Interesting tweet on Robert Griffin III

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is from Phil Savage, former GM of the Browns and worked in Baltimore as Ozzie Newsomes understudy. He didn't turn out like Ozzie lol but he tweeted this.

One observation on 49ers/Redskins, when RGIII gets knocked down or sacked, no teammates help him up. Very telling, IMO.

I responded to a post on another board where a poster said he thinks the team is turning on Griffin, and there has been some stuff in the media to sort of back that up.

Thoughts on this?

Mine are......

If his own OL and backs aren't helping him up after he is getting whacked and aren't on his side then that team is doomed to 5 or fewer wins. And he may not make it to the end of the year. If he gets hurt again fans will be screaming about the trade, the coaches, the FO, the owner and everything else.

This is Shanhans fourth year. He's gone 6-10 then 5-11 then 10-6 and let's say 5-11 this year. Does that one 10 win blip help him keep his job? What if Griffin suffers another really big injury or even misses 2 or 3 games because of a hard hit or concussion or whatever. Does that influence Snyder enough to make a change?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My thoughts are somewhat simplistic.

Basically this:

:lol:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When BobG-Me IS THE TEAM. What else should one expect?

I should also add... Paulie's shared wisdom on this is really the most logical point we will hear in this thread.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Seriously I thought Shannahan was smarter than this. You can't pile the responsibility of resurrecting a poor offense on the shoulders of a rookie, read option quarterbck. So you do it any way, get him hurt, than are surprised when he comes back and isn't as effective as the year before? Where would they be if they hadn't lucked out with a 6th round miracle in Alfred Morris? I would fire them all.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
We can ONLY hope Shanahan doen't bench him.

BTW LOVE the it's Shanahan's fault meme, not that I agree but it will continue to open any rift there is.

I think we can say we've "won" this trade now but I really hope we run up the score on it, if we could land that number 1 overall it would be nice.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
RG3 may not be liked, but theres not many QB's who can take the amount of hits he took last night and still play through the game..

Still a mug though

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Little things...they add up.

Everything from "operation patience" to the rumor of him telling the coaches to not put film of him playing bad.

Just a rumor, just a stupid t-shirt. But they add up and portray him as the ultimate diva.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If you watched the press conference after the game , it was sad,kid isn't Henry Kissinger just a great athlete in a room full of press pukes waiting to tear him down now that they don't have to answer for the fact that he's human,see everyone on top financially or famously can be targeted cuz their station negates their humanity.
Tom Brady absolutely flipped shit at the refs over that bad call against Carolina, by the time he got to the press meeting he was claiming he didn't see the play,he should give lessons in how to deal with the press,they are snakes, don't get near them and don't give em reason to pursue.
Yeah I hope the spiral continues for this year, Shanny clearly hasn't gained the kids trust ,if anyone can, but as long as RG doesn't trust those who won't kiss his ass and trusts those who do, he's fucked.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I'm sorry but that team is just plain bad right now and I love it. I don't put this all on a young puke who has been told he's God. The kid may never be what we were all fed by the hype machine but .... YAWN. Don't care. If his team mates aren't helping him up, that's for them to work through. My hope is that RG finishes the season because I honestly think Cousins gives them a better chance to win games.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I just curious how many people here ever had any doubts that the Rams got the better end of the deal?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I hope the spiral keeps going down for next year too. That kid is an ego maniac, and hes finally coming down to earth.

jap

Legend
I just curious how many people here ever had any doubts that the Rams got the better end of the deal?

Never for an instant! How many running QB's (i.e., those who think run first and throw second) do you know who have succeeded at this level?

Rodger the Dodger Staubach was an ex-RB who could legitimately run. However, he only became a standout QB when he learned to think pass first. Same with Fran the Man Tarkenton, John Elway, Steve Young, etc.

RGIII cannot even throw with the authority he displayed last year because his knee is just not there yet. Yes, they reached the playoffs last season while Fish was laying the foundation for the new Rams. However, the viability of trades is measured over a good time span---not just
the immediate future. Fish and Snead are doing business the old fashion way, the tried and proven way: securing the future through the draft while using free agency for immediate prime fixes. Snyder's crew was doing what they always seem to do . . . unsuccessfully: reaching for an instant gratification championship team at ridiculously high cost.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
We can ONLY hope Shanahan doen't bench him.

BTW LOVE the it's Shanahan's fault meme, not that I agree but it will continue to open any rift there is.

Yup. Benching RG3 would be bad for us. Thankfully, I don't think Shanahan will do it with his job on the line. I think he has got to stick it out with RG3 and hope that they can get back on track together.