Interesting stat from the game.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
rams ran 18 plays in the red zone (28% of their offensive plays) and 21 plays inside the bills' 30 (33% of their offensive plays), and not once did they throw a pass into the end zone, not once
I know we have beaten this game to death,but I thought this was very interesting
and honestly didn't notice.
Credit aeneas 1 from another site
Staff:If this information has been posted please delete

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cuz Keenum can't reach the endzone from 30 yards out.
Aren't you keeping up?

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cuz Keenum can't reach the endzone from 30 yards out.
Aren't you keeping up?
Absolutely he can.not sure as to all the whys,but It aint good.specially with our big wide outs

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Absolutely he can.not sure as to all the whys,but It aint good.specially with our big wide outs
Near as I can guess...

A - that wasn't the play call
B - receivers were all covered up
C - Keenum didn't feel like throwing touchdowns

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Near as I can guess...

A - that wasn't the play call
B - receivers were all covered up
C - Keenum didn't feel like throwing touchdowns
lol
You know i could have sworn I heard Fisher yelling in Case's headset
DON'T DO IT! DON'T YOU DO IT!!!

TexasRam

Legend
Now why would we risk a TD throw when we can safely run gurley 3 times for 3 yards then kick a FG?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No throws into the end zone. It's hard to believe but we saw it. Kept yelling for it. Whatever happened to those late TE releases they used to do? Or tackle eligible plays. I am sure Keenum can throw that far but it doesn't mean he can zip it into a tight window btw. And why no fades? Britt and Uick practiced those in camp.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
No throws into the end zone. It's hard to believe but we saw it. Kept yelling for it. Whatever happened to those late TE releases they used to do? Or tackle eligible plays. I am sure Keenum can throw that far but it doesn't mean he can zip it into a tight window btw. And why no fades? Britt and Uick practiced those in camp.

Yeah I remember watching hard knocks and seeing Goff stay late after practice perfecting the fade with Britt. Hopefully we will see this happen soon.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
All this with Brian Quick showing his ability to snatch the ball in tight coverage the last couple of games.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Our wide receivers are getting open and catching the ball finally this year. Britt looks great. Tavon is running good routes and Quick is torching guys deep. Just get them the ball.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Shocked but not surprised (if that's possible). Still playing to not lose

Psycho_X

Legend
Fisher lives and dies by playing not to lose. Can you imagine how this season would be going if GZ hadn't suddenly started making every field goal?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
rams ran 18 plays in the red zone (28% of their offensive plays) and 21 plays inside the bills' 30 (33% of their offensive plays), and not once did they throw a pass into the end zone, not once
The bend but dont break philosophy is born from, when the offense gets near the endzone, the redzone, the windows are smaller...The condensed field makes it unlikely that a pass will go beyond the boundary...or the back of the endzone...teams can use superior athletes to cover the goalline, hence every throw can be contested. Every window is tighter...You need superior arm talent, and confidence in that arm talent, to squeeze a ball in there....I always talk arm strength:deadhorse:...bunch of guys always say in here, "eh, he's got plenty of arm...:blah:"....and they know who I'm looking at.:giveup:...Arm talent is not only for outs, slants, and digs....it's primary purpose is to fit tight passes into small windows around the goalline....Look at the way the ball is always floating out of Keenums hand:giveup:....Some will say this is fine, and most times a touch pass will do...it's easier to catch (for defenders too) and requires a skill all its own...But ask any receiver, what type of pass is necessary or even preferred in traffic, and I'd bet all my ROD$$$ they'd pick a bullet pass:football:...that arrives quickly, and they can then cover & protect themselves from the coming contact that follows....

You can't play this 2000 game with a noodle-arm and be successful..Not on 3rd downs...and definitely not in the redzone...:deadhorse:

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know we have beaten this game to death,but I thought this was very interesting
and honestly didn't notice.
Credit aeneas 1 from another site
Staff:If this information has been posted please delete
Sorry for the notifications I just wanted to see what all the new buttons did :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can you imagine how this season would be going if GZ hadn't suddenly started making every field goal?
jayzd.gif