Interesting Rams Stats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramathon

Well, I disagree. Vehemently. Even if you just look at bad calls for and bad calls against the Rams (and yes, I do identify bad calls for them as well), it doesn't even come close to balancing out.

This year. It's entirely possible a team could have a significant disparity in bad calls against them and it still not be a grassy knoll thing.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
This year. It's entirely possible a team could have a significant disparity in bad calls against them and it still not be a grassy knoll thing.
I've noticed a disparity for quite a while now. That doesn't make it random.

Now, this doesn't mean it's a "grassy knoll" thing. It could simply be that the refs subconciously give certain teams benefit of the doubt and flag other teams more because the former teams are "supposed" to be better. But whatever it is, it's a problem.

Ramathon

I've noticed a disparity for quite a while now. That doesn't make it random.

Now, this doesn't mean it's a "grassy knoll" thing. It could simply be that the refs subconciously give certain teams benefit of the doubt and flag other teams more because the former teams are "supposed" to be better. But whatever it is, it's a problem.

In general, I certainly agree that the zebras are FAR too involved in the game these days. And more than a few awful calls occur every week. I just think the biggest part of the problem is the league (the owners via Goodell) are largely responsible for that excessive policing. And that because they are scared to death of the potential of lawsuits from players with injury histories that extend far beyond the end of their careers. And I suspect the league has dictated 'Err on the side of caution and call it' in any situation where player safety might be remotely a factor.