Interesting numbers on the QBs in this year's draft from ESPN....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Nice article, all of the categories I think are relevant are the reasons I'm firmly on the Goff train for. His cool under pressure and red zone accuracy are tops. Especially when considering competition level.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Red Zone... Blitz... Pressure...

GOFF

I'm going to edit this to say I like Wentz, I really do but in my eyes it's Goff all the way. (is it Thursday yet?)

nighttrain

Legend
i still doubt the level of competition Wentz played against, Goff in PAC 12 faced significant better teams with talent
train

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
ESPN always has an agenda. I wonder why they are pumping up Goff? I'll be on board with whoever we pick, but I'd like to know why they (ESPN) are choosing a side--not just this article, but overall.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
ESPN always has an agenda. I wonder why they are pumping up Goff? I'll be on board with whoever we pick, but I'd like to know why they (ESPN) are choosing a side--not just this article, but overall.

I don't see that here. They are showing stats, not opinions. If they wanted to get real they could keep pointing out that Wentz faced easier competition on D. They are just showing that the top QBs are close but Goff has the edge, which we all know.

I would argue that Lynch is not as close as the stats make him seem.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I don't see that here. They are showing stats, not opinions. If they wanted to get real they could keep pointing out that Wentz faced easier competition on D. They are just showing that the top QBs are close but Goff has the edge, which we all know.

I would argue that Lynch is not as close as the stats make him seem.

Well, it's arbitrary which of the categories was most important. Is moving the chains more important than yards per pass when pressured? Maybe, maybe not. We were last in the league on 3rd down.

The Sharp in Red Zone data is really misleading. In the category above, True Accuracy, drops were removed from the numbers but were left in for the Red Zone. Doesn't make sense. It's easy to manipulate numbers if you have a hidden agenda.

I used to be super excited for the draft and now I'm just ready for the &%&^%&% thing to be over already. I hate this added time the NFL did.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Well, it's arbitrary which of the categories was most important. Is moving the chains more important than yards per pass when pressured? Maybe, maybe not. We were last in the league on 3rd down.

The Sharp in Red Zone data is really misleading. In the category above, True Accuracy, drops were removed from the numbers but were left in for the Red Zone. Doesn't make sense. It's easy to manipulate numbers if you have a hidden agenda.

I used to be super excited for the draft and now I'm just ready for the &%&^%&% thing to be over already. I hate this added time the NFL did.
So there's a hidden agenda? What makes you say that?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I second that. They should have left the draft date alone.

I still don't get what agenda they would have in this instance. What do they stand to gain by it?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I second that. They should have left the draft date alone.

I still don't get what agenda they would have in this instance. What do they stand to gain by it?
Maybe they have something cooking with the Pac 12 and it's network? A #1 pick for the LA team would be good pub for the Pac 12. I don't really know, that's why I posed it as a question.

Examples of ESPN agendas include:
A widely perceived bias for SEC football due to their gigantic television contract.

Almost no negative stories about how the UT and their ESPN based longhorn network has really hurt Big 12 football--storied teams left to other conferences with equitable payouts from their conference based networks.

Not that concerned, I just hope we win.