Interesting NFL History video....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Found this on youtube last night. It's part of the 100th NFL celebration and I thought it was really neat! If it was already posted... my bad!

Lot's of tidbits to be had. For example, I was raised believing that the Rams were the first LA pro sports team. But... Technically, it isn't true. While the Rams are considered the first (see wiki), there was a NFL team in 1926 called the Los Angeles Buccaneers. They only played 2 exhibition games in LA, the rest of the time they were based in Chicago, yet called the Los Angeles Buccaneers (because of travel hardships in the day with no commercial air travel). Also, the Pro sports team Los Angeles Dons (not in video) of the All America Football Conference played a regular season game in Los Angeles before the Rams.

The video is very interesting, especially with regards to the early years. Also, I've always thought that Rams player Kenny Washington was the one to break the color barrier . When actually he was just the first black man to sign a NFL contract. The 1920 Akron Pro's, who won the first Championship had a black player/coach named Fredrick Douglas "Fritz" Pollard who get's the distinction.

Lot's of fun little factoids in the video! Well worth the watch, especially for the early years stuff. BEWARE of the Steagles!!! :ROFLMAO:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovdbrdCIP7U

Last edited:

Q729

Legend
Ah yes. I think YouTube suggested it to me one day. The dude from GMFB narrates it, right? Interesting vid.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just tried looking it up who narrated the vid. Couldn't find it. It doesn't sound like Brandt or Schrager to me though.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I missed that when I watched it. Thanks!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I knew about the LA Dons, who Only played two weeks before the Rams in the LA Coliseum in 1946. Never heard of the other team the 20’s.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Cool video, thanks for posting.

Didn’t realize the NFL had so much churn in the early days, with teams constantly dropping out and moving and resurfacing. The Oorang Indians? Racine Legion? Tonawanda Kardex? Louisville Brecks? Pottsville Maroons?
Lol, who knew...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Man, if one could go back in time with about $10k or so, who knows, you'd be a multibillionaire today.

$500 to buy in. Wow. Isn't it now something like $100M not including the cost of the franchise???

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Man, if one could go back in time with about $10k or so, who knows, you'd be a multibillionaire today.

$500 to buy in. Wow. Isn't it now something like $100M not including the cost of the franchise???
I believe Halas was saying it was ONE hundred to buy in! :oops: But yeah... CRAZY!