Interesting forecast for the Rams future

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
You want a Zygmunt/Linehan relationship at Rams Park next year? Bring in Smith. Smith has an ego that breeds dysfunction, and after what we escaped 3 years ago, I'm not interested in that drama.

Gruden? I'm taking Selassie's word on that guy. No way. Fisher? Another hard nosed coach with a mediocre track record. The only ex-coach I'd even consider at this point is Dungy, and he's retired.

I agree. Both overrated, overhyped.

Keep Spags or hire a cooridnator that will be with the team for a long, long time.

Exactly how I feel, but would much rather keep Spags and this regime for another year at least.
Hell NO to Smith. There's a reason Charger fans want him gone.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
Selassie I said:
Interesting how Bernie believes that "The speculation is most likely originating from LA, home of Off-The-Books Rams Advisor john shaw.

When will the stench of shaw finally be eruased from this franchise ?
Upon death.

Should we make that call?

:hehe:
Is Shaw planning any fishing trips off the coast of Florida? :hehe:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm taking my boys fishing down in Ft Pierce Thursday - Sunday this week. We would absolutely relish having Mr shaw come along. I would guarantee him a Trip of a Lifetime . He has an open invite with me. :hehe:

Seriously Stan .... just looking at "recent" history , shaw is 100% responsible for ziggy and Billy. Don't you see what shaw's advice is good for? WTF

Hey, X
We really are going to be in Ft Pierce this week. We were hoping to sneak over to Grand Cay , but I think the weather is going to keep us fishing near the inlet. We should still be able to put some meat on the boat (fish). If not we'll be drinking and eating well right on the docks... cool tiki bar & live music. We'll buy you some drinks if you want to stop by.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Great, Gruden sat there on national TV and told the audience (don't recall the exact quote) that he'd replace Bradford.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
interference said:
Great, Gruden sat there on national TV and told the audience (don't recall the exact quote) that he'd replace Bradford.
I really wouldn't take such comments too seriously, these guys "pop off" about a lot of nonsense while on the air. After all, they're essentially "air fillers" and pseudo entertainers of a sort. All I know is Chuckie has the type of personality that lights a fire under players that need it and man, this team needs some of that right now. We've already seen how they respond to "Mr. Nice Guy". Oh they'll play for one alright, but they sure don't win much or appear able to "finish".....what's that old saying about being good out of the gate, but able to finish?

There's also something terribly wrong with the conditioning-training on this team. I for one don't have a clue what it is, but we seem to carry it from year to year. Spags did a reasonable job of keeping the team realitively healthy during preseason, with a conscious effort. But as we soon found out, they started dropping like flies from the very first play and have continued that trend up to the present moment...1 year is unlucky, 2 years might be a coincidence, but 3 (or more) years is a trend.

Most here think the world of Spags and that's easily understandable, there's a lot to like. But this team has an awful habit of injuries, under performance, poor execution and LOSING. Personally, I'm sick of it and if it takes a shake up, so be it. :evil:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
ramsince62 said:
interference said:

There's also something terribly wrong with the conditioning-training on this team. I for one don't have a clue what it is, but we seem to carry it from year to year. Spags did a reasonable job of keeping the team realitively healthy during preseason, with a conscious effort. But as we soon found out, they started dropping like flies from the very first play and have continued that trend up to the present moment...1 year is unlucky, 2 years might be a coincidence, but 3 (or more) years is a trend.

How can you condition for snapped necks, concussions, and ACL/MCL tears??? Saffold tore his pec while conditioning. Adrian Peterson had both an high ankle sprain and ACL/MCL tear. Is he being conditioned??

It happens to all teams. Some more than others, and unfortunently, it happened to the Rams this year. I don't remember anyone questioning conditioning last year. Who was the most significant? Probably Mark Clayton. Avery, Dom Curry, Darcy Johnson, Onobun, Diggs, Chris Hovan (before the season), Brit Miller, Clifton Ryan (fairly early), Setterstrom. Hardly anyone that was a game changer.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
ramsince62 said:
interference said:
I really wouldn't take such comments too seriously, these guys "pop off" about a lot of nonsense while on the air. After all, they're essentially "air fillers" and pseudo entertainers of a sort.
That's right. What he says in public means nothing. Jaworski's expression was disbelieving; he didn't think Gruden was joking or playing devil's advocate. I don't think that conversation was planned.

What annoys me is the attitude that everything about the Rams must be run through the blender, whether it does or not. That's the mind-set that revamps a Rams defense that does get after the QB. Some change is necessary, but too much can be counter-productive.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
ramsince62 said:
interference said:
I really wouldn't take such comments too seriously, these guys "pop off" about a lot of nonsense while on the air. After all, they're essentially "air fillers" and pseudo entertainers of a sort.
That's right. What he says in public means nothing. Jaworski's expression was disbelieving; he didn't think Gruden was joking or playing devil's advocate. I don't think that conversation was planned.

What annoys me is the attitude that everything about the Rams must be run through the blender, whether it does or not. That's the mind-set that revamps a Rams defense that does get after the QB. Some change is necessary, but too much can be counter-productive.

That's how I feel. Sometimes you need to change a few things up, we have a solid foundation, we need to build on it. You don't scrap the entire dinner because you burned the rolls.

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I wouldn't really count Wes Welker. He snagged him as a UDFA as a rookie, and cut him after the first game. He didn't see the potential there and the Dolphins got him for free. Then he went to the Pats for a second rounder and a 7th rounder and blew up.
I hate to always compare Amendola to Welker, but Look at Danny on Hardknocks. The Cowboys wanted to keep him, and tried to, but ultimately didn't have the roster spot.

Sometimes that is just how things work out.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looking at the disaster known as the Rams, If Smith can come in and get us back to lets say #16 on O and D, we are worlds ahead of the current situation. I'm just thanking God they are not bringing in someone from the Jags or other type team that has a horrible record but will work for cheap. If the Rams can have anything close to the Charger's success, even some of the playoff losses or near misses, I would be stoked. These 2-14 1-15-2-14 type seasons of late for the Rams are ridiculous. And the coaching staff not showing up prepared for that game in Seattle last year and missing the playoffs will alway make me puke. They (Rams and coaches) looked like the stage was just too big. Gruden at the helm, no way that crap happens.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamsSince1969 said:
They (Rams and coaches) looked like the stage was just too big. Gruden at the helm, no way that crap happens.
Do you think Asshole Face would have us ready? :ww:

Anonymous

RamsSince1969 said:
Looking at the disaster known as the Rams, If Smith can come in and get us back to lets say #16 on O and D, we are worlds ahead of the current situation. I'm just thanking God they are not bringing in someone from the Jags or other type team that has a horrible record but will work for cheap. If the Rams can have anything close to the Charger's success, even some of the playoff losses or near misses, I would be stoked. These 2-14 1-15-2-14 type seasons of late for the Rams are ridiculous. And the coaching staff not showing up prepared for that game in Seattle last year and missing the playoffs will alway make me puke. They (Rams and coaches) looked like the stage was just too big. Gruden at the helm, no way that crap happens.

I'd rather see Fisher as HC than Gruden. Fisher had the respect of his players.