interesting comment from Nick Wagoner in his chat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
don't know about getting a one next year or picking Clowney. But I will say this: I really strongly believe the Rams would like to make only one pick in this year's first round. Obviously, they need someone willing to move up to make a deal but I think the Rams would prefer to move out of one of those first round choices and add more picks.
I'm guessing the Rams are trying hard to trade out of the first round. I wonder if they have something lined up already.

nittany ram

Rookie
brokeu91 said:
don't know about getting a one next year or picking Clowney. But I will say this: I really strongly believe the Rams would like to make only one pick in this year's first round. Obviously, they need someone willing to move up to make a deal but I think the Rams would prefer to move out of one of those first round choices and add more picks.
I'm guessing the Rams are trying hard to trade out of the first round. I wonder if they have something lined up already.

This is the most unpredictable draft for the Rams that I can remember. They aren't picking early as usual and don't have a galactically huge need so there is no 'obvious' choice (Orlando Pace, Sam Bradford, etc) out there. Add to that the fact that there are no real standouts in this year's class (at least between picks 10 - 50) which means there about a billion ways the Rams could go.

I haven't looked forward to a draft this much in a long time, and believe me I'm not a draftnick.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
And SO I say verily ,our two 1's for Buffalo's one and two and then trade that #8 overall for a mid 1 and mid 2.
Do the Buffalo trade now.
What blows me away is the Bucs ready totradeallthey seem to be for a coming off knee repair whobitches about money like clock work.
Revis must have pictures of Schiano with a goat er sumthin

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
nittany ram said:
brokeu91 said:

This is the most unpredictable draft for the Rams that I can remember. They aren't picking early as usual and don't have a galactically huge need so there is no 'obvious' choice (Orlando Pace, Sam Bradford, etc) out there. Add to that the fact that there are no real standouts in this year's class (at least between picks 10 - 50) which means there about a billion ways the Rams could go.

I haven't looked forward to a draft this much in a long time, and believe me I'm not a draftnick.

Im right there with ya. I'm not a draft guy either but this year is interesting to me for a couple of reasons. The ones you list plus we are really only a third of the way through the goodies we copped in the trade. So there is enough picks based on last years wheeling and dealing, this years picks and next years picks to get a ton of talent. Especially if they can get out of 16 or 22 and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

Shawnbb158

Starter
Maybe we can get a early 2nd and next years 1st (and something else this year) for someone moving to #22 to take Nassib?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
nittany ram said:
brokeu91 said:

Hmmm... we don't have a starting caliber FS, WR1, or G so I'd say we do have multiple "galactically huge need(s)".

nittany ram

Rookie
OnceARam said:
nittany ram said:
brokeu91 said:

Hmmm... we don't have a starting caliber FS, WR1, or G so I'd say we do have multiple "galactically huge need(s)".

Yes they are needs but it's a matter of degree. It's not the same as in years past. All of their needs could be filled in THIS draft. Heck, the starting guard and FS could already be on the roster (Stewart if they bring Mikell back at a reduced price).

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
OnceARam said:
nittany ram said:
brokeu91 said:

Other than a few top players in the draft the next 40 are about the same so more picks you can get in that 40 the more talent you get. More holes are filled.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yamahopper said:
OnceARam said:
nittany ram said:
brokeu91 said:

Other than a few top players in the draft the next 40 are about the same so more picks you can get in that 40 the more talent you get. More holes are filled.

Yes, that ^! I think a lot of us here are very agreeable to the Rams moving down in the 1st and picking up an additional 2nd round pick. If they could manage 4 picks in the top 50, :dancin: :nana: :wewt: :clap: :gr:

bluecoconuts

Legend
iced said:
Atlanta is trying to trade up...

I wouldn't do it, they draft too late, and will be doing it next year as well. If they want to get future first round picks then go for a team trading back into the first round and have three firsts next year (plus an early second this year), hopefully two of them early and one very late.

If possible that is.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ramhusker said:
Yamahopper said:
OnceARam said:
nittany ram said:
brokeu91 said:

Yes, that ^! I think a lot of us here are very agreeable to the Rams moving down in the 1st and picking up an additional 2nd round pick. If they could manage 4 picks in the top 50, :dancin: :nana: :wewt: :clap: :gr:

That would be luscious!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2