Interesting article on Cam Akers running in shotgun formation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stopped reading after saying about Wolford, " He usually goes with his first read. " Not what I saw, Not worth reading.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree - crap article & all over the place. That is saying a lot coming from me. Lmao

Jared Goff is The Rams QB through think & thin.If the Dr.’s say he can’t go,does Goff still have a say in it?

Cam Aykers will be as good as his ankle allows.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Thanks for sharing, unfortunately the source of Turd Show Times is not reputable.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Where's Connor McGregor when you need him?

Malibu

Pro Bowler
What was good in the article was about Wolford in shotgun. I have been saying we need to go out of shotgun more because our OL is not strong enough to hold up

By using shot gun the QB does not need to waste time faking a jet sweep handoff or RB hand off PRIOR (which is important) to turning around and assessing who to throw to.

In shot gun we eliminate those first steps and the QB has an extra second to survey the field for a longer than under center. In 17 & 18 we could go under shotgun because our OL was way better.

To prove my point about how bad our OL is just watch a weak AZ DL constantly get to Wolford . Several of those runs of his were based on desperation due to the breakdown of the OL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fuck TST. Here's what's important re: Akers and the playoffs...

OL. Can these guys re-open the left side B & C gaps for some run game business and fix the comms issues and mistakes that have plagued them since Whit went out? If not we're probably one and done in the playoffs. This has to happen.

Passing game. One thing TST overlooks is that Akers had over 80 total yards due to his passing game additions. So yeah he didn't have a great game but he also contributed to the win. And most importantly Akers looks like he's poised to contribute a lot more in the pass game. McVay is going to scheme him in more and more going forward.

RB has been a missing link for over a year now for this offense. But the Rams seem to have found their guy in Akers. IMO if they ride him in this game he's gonna deliver because I believe our OL is going to play well with Whit back.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stopped reading after saying about Wolford, " He usually goes with his first read. " Not what I saw, Not worth reading.
Wise. That's not what I saw from him either. If anything...he went through progressions more than Goff has in recent games.

Having said that...there were some interesting stats in the article that I did not know, such as, "When the Rams go into shotgun formations, they throw the ball 96% of the time"

Last edited: