Inside 411 From The Saints' Coaching Staff Right Before They Choked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting insight. It explains why he looked so tentative.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He was following directions but it's on him, that's terrible form. He put himself out of position.

Ram65

Legend
Coaches should have said wrap the WR up and don't let him get out of bounds. Of course no PI.

Bad tackling form. So both player and coaches made mistakes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It must be nice making so much money and being such a dumbarse.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I would like to see is the All 22 film, so if anyone has it please post it...........thank you!!!

If they didn't have someone playing deep center field IMO that is a lapse in judgement. Hail Mary passes happen..........and this is a great example of "situational football" and the question is "what do we do here" and the answer is yes don't draw a flag because it puts 10 seconds on the clock because it's a defensive penalty and gives the Vikings a shot to move even closer.

Defend the pass, and if it's caught someone should be back deep to prevent or try to prevent a run to the end zone.

What an incredible and amazing ending..........if the Vikings end up winning the SB neither Keenum or Diggs will ever have to pay for a drink or a meal in MINN for their entire lives.

Diggs is a real find for MINN...........

A 5th round WR and an undrafted journeyman QB (I think he's good though) may become the stuff of legends in that state. I think that's a great story, and I like these kind of story lines. It's great for the sport in a time and place that the NFL is hurting itself on more than one front.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
He was following directions but it's on him, that's terrible form. He put himself out of position.

he also took out the other n. o. player that might have been able to catch diggs. almost like it was planned.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My boss is a former World League coach and knows quite a few coaches in the NFL. He thinks not only as he told no PI but to keep the receiver from going out of bounds to stop the clock. He faults the DC for not putting someone else behind the receivers as well but says the one thing he should have said was just wrap the receiver up in bounds and the game is over. Let him catch it and there is no way they can line up for the kick in time. Game over.

He also has no love for SP. Says he’s an asshat.

Anyway, pretty interesting listening to him talk football. His dad was the equipment manager for the Rams in the 60s and 70s and he was the water boy growing up. He was an NFL and World League scout as well. Really cool dude.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
he also took out the other n. o. player that might have been able to catch diggs. almost like it was planned.
My first thought... I wonder if his bank account just grew substantially. :cool:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My boss is a former World League coach and knows quite a few coaches in the NFL. He thinks not only as he told no PI but to keep the receiver from going out of bounds to stop the clock. He faults the DC for not putting someone else behind the receivers as well but says the one thing he should have said was just wrap the receiver up in bounds and the game is over. Let him catch it and there is no way they can line up for the kick in time. Game over.

He also has no love for SP. Says he’s an asshat.

Anyway, pretty interesting listening to him talk football. His dad was the equipment manager for the Rams in the 60s and 70s and he was the water boy growing up. He was an NFL and World League scout as well. Really cool dude.
I'm sorry. SP? I am drawing a complete blank.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Anyway, pretty interesting listening to him talk football. His dad was the equipment manager for the Rams in the 60s and 70s and he was the water boy growing up. .

Boy would I love to ask him about George Allen, Tommy Prothro & Chuck Knox...Funny Story on George Allen, Rams owner Dan Reeves was once quoted that he had far more fun losing with Harland Svare (Ram Head Coach from 62-65 14-31-3 record) then he ever had winning with George Allen.
harland-20svare-20rams-20hc-jpg.7744

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Boy would I love to ask him about George Allen, Tommy Prothro & Chuck Knox...Funny Story on George Allen, Rams owner Dan Reeves was once quoted that he had far more fun losing with Harland Svare (Ram Head Coach from 62-65 14-31-3 record) then he ever had winning with George Allen.
harland-20svare-20rams-20hc-jpg.7744
I remember that quote or something like it. I'll have to get around to asking him about some of those guys. So far, the conversations have been pretty organic so it kind of has had to fit within a conversation. He has some pretty cool memories of meeting the old Monday Night Football crew. Says Howard Cosell was actually one of the funniest and nicest men he's met as far as analysts go.

Maybe I'll do a thread on my boss. Don't want to hijack @Selassie I 's thread too much. :sneaky:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
[QUOTE="RamFan503, post: 1029556, member: 35"

Maybe I'll do a thread on my boss. Don't want to hijack @Selassie I 's thread too much. :sneaky:[/QUOTE]

And I totally understand you need to tread lightly in those cases with people who are in the "know." Quite frankly I have a feeling that Reeves was a party guy, back then, if you were of the upper crust, you drank, but George Allen's favorite beverage was milk, so I am betting that factored in, but Allen was notorious for butting heads with owners. Reeves fired him twice (rehired him back) and Carroll Rosenbloom fired him after two preseason games in 1978 so I'm betting George was not easy.