"(Insert college QB name here) had all day to throw in college..."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

First off, most great college QB's have a lot of time to throw and Sam was no different in having games that way too, but to say he never played under pressure is flat out wrong. In this draft video I see a few things actually, his arm was much better in college than I originally gave him credit for too, and the throw against Nebraska where he rolls left and flicks his wrist and throws a dart 35 yards down field is ridiculous.

The first game video is BYU where he breaks his collar bone on a play that reminded me of Rodgers this past year.

The next two games are against Washington, which blitzed it seems like every down, and Texas which was a wild/crazy game they scored something like 50 points and lost where Texas brought the heat a lot too. In both games Sam stands in well, keeps his eyes down field and his velocity and ball location are superb. Also, watch the way he hangs on every screen, knowing he's going to get creamed then throws the ball on time and extremely accurately to his receiver.

When I think of adding Watkins to what we already got I can visualize a lot of these same pass concepts in the coming years.

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to sway the haters, just pointing out some visual facts.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There's only been 1 or 2 QB's better than Sam to come out since Manning, Luck and Vick. None in the current crop are better, Ryan isn't better, RGME isn't better, Wilson isn't better, et. all...

If he woulda been healthy all year then there would have been a very heated debate within the media on who is really the best QB in the division. What does Wilson really have to do to win games? Hand the ball to Lynch, avoid a sack, and manage the game, make some easy throws, and not make a dumb decision. He's smart, classy, and elusive, but Seattle great defense and running game got them where they're at. You take away Lynch and it's a lot different team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm kind of lost on what point is being made here...sorry. :cautious:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah why are we wasting time on Bradfords long since past college career. It has no bearing on today.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think his point is ... in college, these guys are not facing the types of defense... running the same offensive schemes and are not playing against inferior talent for the most part. great in college does not mean squat when entering the NFL. some transition ... others don't. QB has to be the trickiest of all to draft... because you fall in love with what they did in ....college .... which is not the NFL.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
At issue is, many people say that Sam could not be correctly evaluated coming out of OU because he never played under durress.

There was even an article from Ourlads they other day that said same and them after Sam's rookie year they recanted the story.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I think Sam will be fine as long as two things happen ... and one ties into the other. 1) he needs to stay healthy and 2) the OL needs to be fixed and depth.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I think Sam will be fine as long as two things happen ... and one ties into the other. 1) he needs to stay healthy and 2) the OL needs to be fixed and depth.

It's simple but true and doesn't matter if it's Bradford, Clemons or whoever.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
At issue is, many people say that Sam could not be correctly evaluated coming out of OU because he never played under durress.

There was even an article from Ourlads they other day that said same and them after Sam's rookie year they recanted the story.
But who in this thread were you posting that in reply to? Or were you just wanting another Sam argument ?
Some of us who are as on board with Sam as can be are suffering from Sam thread fatigue,just sayin' ,it's not a perpetual fight on that subject here and I for one would rather it didn't become that

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well Mr X I think you might be a hate of sorts...

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
There's only been 1 or 2 QB's better than Sam to come out since Manning, Luck and Vick. None in the current crop are better, Ryan isn't better, RGME isn't better, Wilson isn't better, et. all...

If he woulda been healthy all year then there would have been a very heated debate within the media on who is really the best QB in the division. What does Wilson really have to do to win games? Hand the ball to Lynch, avoid a sack, and manage the game, make some easy throws, and not make a dumb decision. He's smart, classy, and elusive, but Seattle great defense and running game got them where they're at. You take away Lynch and it's a lot different team.

Vick?

IMHO Sam is lightyears better than Vick ever was. No offense. :sneaky:

RamsFan14

Starter
It's just a tough situation. Personally I just wish Bradford would've been put in a better situation to really see what we have in him (I mean who wouldn't...). I def stand by him as our QB, but I can see why some people might be frustrated. It's a team sport, not a one man game, but there just seems like so much... Bad luck with him imo that some people just want to start over, I can't blame them too much... We keep saying next year is the year for him, well next year he doesn't have an injury excuse, that was used this year. Really want to believe he can lead us to the playoffs, it would make me as fan feel proud I stuck with a player I believed in instead of just giving up. I don't ever like quitting in something I firmly believe is possible, weather it comes to myself or other people.

This whole situation though just sucks... So many views and arguments on it. Just unfortunate. Want it to be over with, more so with him being the answer then him not being the answer.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Could you name even one on this board?

I'm sayin' , there are people who are not sold on Sam but I can't name one "hater" cuz FWIW we run haters off round here and we try to moderate the "lovers" cuz one sorta tends to draw the others and then board wars break out and this aint the place for that,would you agree "Mr X"?