Injury report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
upload_2014-10-23_17-55-57.png

jjab360

Legend
Tru coming back and Jenkins taking a step back might be the best thing to happen for this team.

RamBill

Legend
T.J. McDonald returns to Rams practice
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/12960/t-j-mcdonald-returns-to-rams-practice

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- A day after the St. Louis Rams went through a practice missing a handful of key starters, they got many of them back for Thursday night's session.

Heading the list was safety T.J. McDonald, who missed Wednesday with a concussion. McDonald went through the concussion protocol and was cleared to return Thursday. He practiced on a limited basis after he said he felt a little "foggy" on Sunday night.

The Rams also got guard Rodger Saffold (knee), receiver Kenny Britt (ankle) and defensive end William Hayes (illness) back. All three practiced fully.

On the other side, running back Benny Cunningham was added to the report as a limited participant with a knee injury. Cornerback Brandon McGee was downgraded to limited participation after practicing full on Wednesday.

Here's the complete rundown from Thursday's injury report:

Did not practice: CB Janoris Jenkins (knee), C Tim Barnes (shoulder)

Limited practice: S T.J. McDonald (concussion), LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar (toe), CB Trumaine Johnson (knee), CB Brandon McGee (foot), RB Benny Cunningham (knee)

Full practice: WR Kenny Britt (ankle), DE William Hayes (illness), G Rodger Saffold (knee), DE Ethan Westbrooks (hand)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - Jenks has had a few brain farts but he has been solid otherwise. Tru will only help solidify that unit and maybe not have JJ on an island quite as much.

jjab360

Legend
Couldnt disagree more. Jenks has been good this year.
Huh? By what standard is that? Jenks is giving up a 123 QB rating right now and getting outperformed in almost every way possible by a 6th round rookie CB. And that TD he gave up to Brandon Lloyd was just abysmal. Still can't get the taste out of my mouth on that one.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah - Jenks has had a few brain farts but he has been solid otherwise. Tru will only help solidify that unit and maybe not have JJ on an island quite as much.
A few brain farts are what separate the good CBs from the bad ones. The most important attribute for a CB is consistency and Jenks just doesn't have it.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
What the heck is wrong with McGee?

He's been injured for weeks. How he hurt his foot, I don't know, but I'd assume they're taking it easy on him because he just got back to practice yesterday for the first time.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He's been injured for weeks. How he hurt his foot, I don't know, but I'd assume they're taking it easy on him because he just got back to practice yesterday for the first time.
yeah, I heard it was his foot, but either it's broken or turf toe....c'mon

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A few brain farts are what separate the good CBs from the bad ones. The most important attribute for a CB is consistency and Jenks just doesn't have it.
I'd disagree. What very good CB hasn't been burned a few times in their first couple years as a pro? There are a boat load of consistent CBs that no one will ever remember. But when you have a playmaker at CB, he will get burned occasionally - especially early in his career. JJ is a playmaker and pretty good in Run defense. He has it and will build on it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Huh? By what standard is that? Jenks is giving up a 123 QB rating right now and getting outperformed in almost every way possible by a 6th round rookie CB. And that TD he gave up to Brandon Lloyd was just abysmal. Still can't get the taste out of my mouth on that one.
By my standard. Ive watched every snap and hes been playing well. His tackling for a corner has been top notch. Hes had some tough matchups and certainly his share of mistakes but has been solid overall. Imo what would be best for the rams is Tru to come back healthy and us to have 3 good corners not Jenks to be hurt but suit yoursel.

As far as the Ej Gaines comment, we all know that round drafted means nothing. Gaines playing well is a testament to Gaines and has NOTHING to do with Jenks. How many first round QBs are getting out performed by 6th round Draft pick Tom Brady?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd disagree. What very good CB hasn't been burned a few times in their first couple years as a pro? There are a boat load of consistent CBs that no one will ever remember. But when you have a playmaker at CB, he will get burned occasionally - especially early in his career. JJ is a playmaker and pretty good in Run defense. He has it and will build on it.
this-arthur-s-seat-belongs-to-lionel-richie-24638-300.jpg

jjab360

Legend
By my standard. Ive watched every snap and hes been playing well. His tackling for a corner has been top notch. Hes had some tough matchups and certainly his share of mistakes but has been solid overall. Imo what would be best for the rams is Tru to come back healthy and us to have 3 good corners not Jenks to be hurt but suit yoursel.

As far as the Ej Gaines comment, we all know that round drafted means nothing. Gaines playing well is a testament to Gaines and has NOTHING to do with Jenks. How many first round QBs are getting out performed by 6th round Draft pick Tom Brady?
I haven't been impressed by Jenkins for a while now. He takes a ton of chances and that pick six against the Cowboys was the first time he's made a play to show for it since his rookie year. He plays very loose in man coverage and is probably the biggest liability on the defense behind only Ogletree right now.

If you want to be impressed by mediocrity then that's your choice, but Jenks is probably the third best CB on the team right now. And as for his tackling being "top notch", Jenkins has the 2nd most missed tackles on the team and 6th most in the league among CBs.

jjab360

Legend
Third best corner? Nope, Jenks has been pretty solid.
16/29, 174 yards, 1 TD, and 1 Int is solid.
21/32, 306 yards, 4 TD, and 1 Int is not solid.

Guess whose statline is whose.

And this is the statline that had everybody calling for Finnegan's head as the worst CB since Justin King, btw:
26/34, 353 yards, 4 TD, and 1 Int
Not much worse than CB no.2 this year, purely statistically speaking

And then let's look at last year:
46/75, 523 yards, 2 Td, and 3 Int vs
56/87, 783 yards, 7 TD, and 1 Int

And here's Justin King in one of the worst years I've ever seen a CB play:
43/68, 571 yards, 6 TD, and 1 Int
Not too far from the numbers CB no.2 put up last year

Just try to look at this objectively for a moment.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
16/29, 174 yards, 1 TD, and 1 Int is solid.
21/32, 306 yards, 4 TD, and 1 Int is not solid.

Guess whose statline is whose.

And this is the statline that had everybody calling for Finnegan's head as the worst CB since Justin King, btw:
26/34, 353 yards, 4 TD, and 1 Int
Not much worse than CB no.2 this year, purely statistically speaking

And then let's look at last year:
46/75, 523 yards, 2 Td, and 3 Int vs
56/87, 783 yards, 7 TD, and 1 Int

And here's Justin King in one of the worst years I've ever seen a CB play:
43/68, 571 yards, 6 TD, and 1 Int
Not too far from the numbers CB no.2 put up last year

Just try to look at this objectively for a moment.
There is so much more to the Cornerback position that looking at stats through a vacuum is a pretty good waste of time in all honesty.

RamWoodie

Legend
I haven't been impressed by Jenkins for a while now. He takes a ton of chances and that pick six against the Cowboys was the first time he's made a play to show for it since his rookie year. He plays very loose in man coverage and is probably the biggest liability on the defense behind only Ogletree right now.

If you want to be impressed by mediocrity then that's your choice, but Jenks is probably the third best CB on the team right now. And as for his tackling being "top notch", Jenkins has the 2nd most missed tackles on the team and 6th most in the league among CBs.
So do you always get high while watching the Rams? Because no one's seeing what you see when it comes to Jenkins!