Injuries around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He has also spent time with the Texans, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Chiefs (who made him a sixth-round pick in 2013).

So he's a journeyman. You would've thought the world ended based on the reaction here when the Rams let him go last year.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
So he's a journeyman. You would've thought the world ended based on the reaction here when the Rams let him go last year.

I don't think anyone is arguing that. There was some reaction, because Kush was released, in favour of Rhaney. Rhaney has no business on any roster. Kush was our best center during the preseason.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Good catch. I skimmed through the article so quickly that I missed the Rams connection.

Angry Ram

I don't think anyone is arguing that. There was some reaction, because Kush was released, in favour of Rhaney. Rhaney has no business on any roster. Kush was our best center during the preseason.

Neither guy has done anything since. So yeah. It's a wash.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

Angry Ram

Really? Kush had starts for the bears last year when that guy from Oregon got hurt. And he was a key reserve, if not starter, this year for the bears, before he got hurt for the year.

Rhaney won't snif the field.

Hardly a wash.

Here's a link. Kush has been playing first string LG this offseason.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.chica...rn-hamstring-spt-0808-20170807-story,amp.html

Meh, journeyman backup then. I don't see him as some huge mistake the team let him go last year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't see him as some huge mistake the team let him go last year.
Until you compare his play to Barnes, Wichman, Brown, and any other guy we used on the interior O-Line besides Saffold....Huge mistake cutting him...Ask Goff & Keenum.

Angry Ram

Until you compare his play to Barnes, Wichman, Brown, and any other guy we used on the interior O-Line besides Saffold....Huge mistake cutting him...Ask Goff & Keenum.

Don't care. There was a lot more things to worry about than cutting of a backup linemen.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Colts' C Ryan Kelly on crutches apparently. They haven't had much luck on injuries either.

Edit: Don't think it's serious.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I fractured my collar bone falling off a banana boat. I feel you Will Fuller.
I snapped mine in half like a twig in May, and broke 4 ribs. I'm fully recovered now, and have been for over a month. I'd be scared to play football though.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/11/trent-murphy-will-miss-season-with-knee-injury/

Trent Murphy will miss season with knee injury
Posted by Charean Williams on August 11, 2017

8295872981-e1502478237705.jpg

Getty Images

Washington linebacker Trent Murphy will miss the season after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to the NFL Network. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Murphy also tore his medial collateral ligament.

Murphy was injured in the first quarter of the team’s preseason and left the stadium on crutches and with his knee heavily taped, according to Mike Jones of The Washington Post. An MRI on Friday revealed the bad news.

A second-round choice in 2014, Murphy had his best season in 2016 when he made 47 tackles and nine sacks. He already was suspended for the first four games for violating the league’s policy for performance-enhancing drugs. Murphy had attributed the failed test to a tainted supplement.

Murphy’s suspension will cost him $185,315 of his base salary of $787,591.

Preston Smith, Junior Galette and second-rounder Ryan Anderson will compete for Murphy’s snaps.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/11/ravens-lose-starting-guard-alex-lewis-for-season/

Ravens lose starting guard Alex Lewis for season
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 11, 2017

622251892-e1502482783390.jpg

Getty Images

The Ravens’ offensive line has suffered a big loss.

Alex Lewis, a guard who earned a starting job as a rookie last season, has been lost for the season with a shoulder injury.

Baltimore chose Lewis out of Nebraska in the fourth round of last year’s draft. The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Lewis was a Week One starter as a rookie but missed the last six weeks of the season with a sprained ankle.

Lewis is the second guard the Ravens have lost since training camp opened. Guard John Urschel decided to retire.

Also suffering a season-ending injury was Ravens undrafted rookie receiver Tim White, who scored a 33-yard touchdown in the preseason opener but later suffered a thumb injury that will require surgery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/11/mri-confirms-raekwon-mcmillan-tore-his-acl/

MRI confirms Raekwon McMillan tore his ACL
Posted by Josh Alper on August 11, 2017

ap_17125661973980-e1502486500491.jpg

AP

Reports on Thursday night were that Dolphins linebacker Raekwon McMillan tore his ACL while covering a punt in his first NFL preseason game and they were confirmed on Friday.

McMillan had an MRI and multiple reports say that it showed the ligament tear that the Dolphins feared. McMillan will miss the entire 2017 season as a result of the injury.

McMillan, who was drafted in the second round this year, is the second key player Miami has lost to a knee injury in as many weeks. Quarterback Ryan Tannehill was injured in practice a week before McMillan went down, which led the team to sign Jay Cutler this week.

We’ll see if they are back in the market for veteran help as a result of McMillan’s injury. Kiko Alonso, Lawrence Timmons, Neville Hewitt and Mike Hull are the in-house options while veteran free agents include Daryl Washington, Brandon Spikes and Kelvin Sheppard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/11/report-bishop-sankey-tears-acl/

Report: Bishop Sankey tears ACL
Posted by Charean Williams on August 11, 2017

829632074-e1502488214319.jpg

Getty Images

Vikings running back Bishop Sankey tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will miss the season, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

Sankey had four carries for 14 yards and caught four passes for 15 yards before leaving Thursday’s preseason opener early in the third quarter. Sankey said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, that he “felt something” when he made a cut.

Sankey was on the field for several minutes before being helped off. An MRI on Friday revealed the bad news.

The Vikings listed Sankey third on the depth chart behind Dalvin Cook and Jerick McKinnon.

Sankey, a second-round pick of the Titans in 2014, played two seasons in Tennessee. He had 199 carries for 762 yards and three touchdowns.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/11/report-ryan-tannehill-to-have-knee-surgery/

Report: Ryan Tannehill to have knee surgery
Posted by Josh Alper on August 11, 2017

ap_172146187804951-e1502497120240.jpg

AP

It looks like Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill has reached a decision about how to deal with his latest knee injury.

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that Tannehill will have reconstructive surgery on his left knee and spend the entire 2017 season on injured reserve. Tannehill hurt the knee a little over a week ago in practice, prompting the Dolphins to sign Jay Cutler as a free agent.

Tannehill suffered a partially torn ACL in the same knee late last season, but did not have surgery and received full clearance to return to action this offseason. There was talk about taking a similar approach after he hurt the knee again last week, but Cutler’s arrival was a pretty clear sign that the Dolphins expected Tannehill would be getting his ACL repaired this time around.

Tannehill is signed through 2020 and has a salary of $17.475 million for the 2018 season with $5.25 million becoming fully guaranteed in March.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just saw that Wolfe report yeah long year in the mile high city.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I'm okay with our starters only okay ng 6-12 snaps tonight

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How did they do it in the old days? I heard an interview with an NFL Greybeard who played in the 80's, and besides two-a-days in camp with live tackling, starters would would play the whole first game of preseason, in a six game Preseason....Steadily reducing starters until only rookies and back ups were playing in games five and six....

I remember the 80's of course and the six game preseason (hated it!)....don't remember when the starters played, nor how long they played, however.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not an injury but the Bucs released their 2nd round pick kicker today.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not an injury but the Bucs released their 2nd round pick kicker today.

Yeah, Roberto Aguayo has to be easily the worst pick I've ever seen. Even Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf had reasons to be picked where they were because they were quarterbacks. To trade up in the second round to draft a kicker who wasn't automatic within fifty yards is awful.