Injuries around the league

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...y-odell-beckham-fractured-his-ankle/#comments

Giants say Odell Beckham fractured his ankle
Posted by Josh Alper on October 8, 2017

859100276-e1507499131842.jpg

Getty Images

The Giants have given an update about the injury suffered by wide receiver Odell Beckham during Sunday’s loss to the Chargers.

The team announced that Beckham suffered a fractured ankle when his left leg got rolled up after he tried for a high pass from Eli Manning during the fourth quarter of the game. Beckham was immediately carted off the field and was in obvious pain while making his way to the back.

Jordan Raanan of ESPN.com reported that Beckham needs surgery shortly after the game, but the Giants’ update did not include any information on that front and Raanan now says that the wideout is “holding out” on an operation for now.

Whatever happens regarding surgery, Beckham’s not going to be part of the Giants’ attempt to dig out from an 0-5 start to the season.

UPDATE 6:00 p.m. ET: According to the Giants, a decision to have surgery has not yet been made.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Absolutely brutal for Houston. Two years in a row he's been lost for the season.
And like that link Jrry posted this is a major deal. Some guys have small problems with it like Kobe and come back in a couple weeks. Some people are out for 2 years. The severity of this injury will be the big thing to learn and it might take a couple of days to find out.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
And like that link Jrry posted this is a major deal. Some guys have small problems with it like Kobe and come back in a couple weeks. Some people are out for 2 years. The severity of this injury will be the big thing to learn and it might take a couple of days to find out.

Kinda makes you wonder if we've seen the best of him and if he'll ever be the same again. I wonder the same about Quinn a lot, and these injuries to Watt are pretty severe.

Psycho_X

Legend
Man that sucks for the Texans and for a good guy like Watt. I've wondered how long his body would hold up in the NFL. He is so big, so strong, and so fast that that combination rarely lasts very long when pushing them all to the limit. Knees just aren't capable of doing big AND fast most of the time. One of the truly great assets for the NFL though. Hope he recovers fully.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I've torn my achilles twice playing soccer, once after getting kicked and the other time just running down the field.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...conley-injures-achilles-adding-to-their-list/

Chiefs receiver Chris Conley injures Achilles, adding to their list
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 9, 2017

859188076-e1507545313891.jpg

Getty Images

The Chiefs won, and remain the only undefeated team in the NFL.

But they also added to their lengthy list of injuries in Sunday night’s win over Houston.

Wide receiver Chris Conley had to be carted off the field late in the game with a non-contact Achilles injury, going down immediately while fielding an onside kick with an open field in front of him.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid was short on specifics but disturbed by the trend.

“Throughout the league, you’re even seeing them at the college level, which is kind of unique,” Reid said, via Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star. “I don’t remember this being [like] that. At one point a few years ago, you could kinda look at the shoes, but the shoe companies, I think, have done a pretty good job of putting these things together. So I don’t know exactly why. But it does seem there are a few of these.”

The Chiefs also lost safety Steven Terrell to a concussion on the opening kickoff, and tight end Travis Kelce, who took a helmet-to-helmet shot, returned to the game, but then left to be evaluated for a concussion.

If the Chiefs can get philosophical about it, it’s only because they’ve had so many. They’ve lost a starter or regular contributor in each game.

Star safety Eric Berry tore his Achilles in the opener, and was followed by injuries to varying degrees for center Mitch Morse, kicker Cairo Santos and guard Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, and now Conley will apparently miss the rest of the year.