Incredible article on Rams D

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Very good article.
It's good to read someone who appreciates the value of Chris Long. There are guys who, if they rack up 10 sacks in a year, it means they impacted 10 plays all year. Long does a lot of things that don't show up in the stat line but impact the D. Leading the league in pressures (which he has done) is just as important as sacks. Making the QB move his feet in the pocket and making him uncomfortable is a major part of impacting a passing game.
I hope Brockers gets and stays healthy. I think he is posed for a breakout year. One thing for sure, if the group as a whole can stay healthy O lineman will get no rest. If you are a G of average NFL athleticism you may have to prepare for Brockers, Langford, Donald, Hayes....gonna be a long day. Teams have to keep a RB and or a TE in is as good as having another DB.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
God I hope we live up to the hype,I THINK we will if our run defense holds up but we gotta hold up there or we won't get the chances to let the dogs out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great article! really illustrates how good D play works!

cracengl

Rookie
That's an interesting point about Williams's scheme using the blitz and that it may not be the best utilization of the d's strength. I seriously doubt, however, that Gregg Williams has ever had a defense with a DL as stout as this one. That should probably alter his philosophy some. GW has proven to be one of the best defensive coaches in the game over a number of years--I'm thinking he didn't earn that status without playing to the strengths of his guys. This is certainly a well written and researched article. With all the useless stuff that gets put out there, it's nice to see something like this come along.