Inactives (GRob among them)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To anyone that thinks Grob played well this year.

Respectfully, I would say please go back and rewatch the games.

Absolutely have rewatched the games and watched them all live and will respectfully point out that he isn't our worst OLineman and as has been said in every GDT the gets called for things that opposition LT do not get called for and I would please ask you to go back and rewatch the games to see that.

Psycho_X

Legend
Good. Kid needs to get his head out of his ass. He's played better this year but he still does stupid shit. Hopefully this motivates him. Having said that, Fishers timing of this and not holding others accountable is annoying.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I thought it were a desire problem, I'd like this move. What I'm reading says desire isn't the issue at all.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
A lot of predictable responses in this thread.

Minority opinion -

A clear case of holding the player accountable for his drive-killing penalties.

I like it

ram007

Starter
Fisher benched #2 overall pick a week after he started the #1 overall pick. tell me how this is not Fisher playing Jedi tricks to keep his job at all costs?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brilliant call. Way to make him inactive. Glad we have depth behind Saffold in case he gets hurt.(because we know how unlikely that is)

tbux

Rookie
More than likely if he is inactive, he probably didn't take his benching well and was insubordinate- just guessing. No reason to make inactive, so that tells me there is more to it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As I said before, if they bench Robinson, it's an admission that they failed to coach him up. A guy they hand picked. A guy with tremendous physical gifts. A guy who clearly has the desire and motivation to get better. And now they are going to cut off their nose to spite their face by making him a healthy scratch.
I agree. Questionable decision.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
More than likely if he is inactive, he probably didn't take his benching well and was insubordinate- just guessing. No reason to make inactive, so that tells me there is more to it.

I'm not sure. They did the same thing with Jamon Brown when they benched him earlier in the season.

Psycho_X

Legend
During the game the announcer said Robinson was inactive due to mostly family issues that he had to iron out this past week or something like that. So not sure him being inactive was due to the benching. But that's the only time i've heard that so i don't know where it came from.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You ever think he just isn't putting in the work and living up to the potential no matter what the coaches have tried? There was a report last year that he wasn't doing the time in the film study even though coaches and players had been on him.

I'm not particularly pleased with Boudreau's building of the oline but at some point players gotta play.

No, I don't think that because every report out there since about the middle of last season indicated that he had figured it out and was putting in the work. His offseason work with Bentley was more evidence that he was putting in the work. And even in recent quotes by the offensive staff indicate that he is putting in the work.

He's just a scapegoat for lousy coaching. And today's result on the field highlited that even further.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No, I don't think that because every report out there since about the middle of last season indicated that he had figured it out and was putting in the work. His offseason work with Bentley was more evidence that he was putting in the work. And even in recent quotes by the offensive staff indicate that he is putting in the work.

He's just a scapegoat for lousy coaching. And today's result on the field highlited that even further.

Oh you mean reports like this?

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_736fbe7c-027f-5917-b0aa-c56b5cf03b2c.html

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think there is much more to this story than what is being told. Fisher holds nobody accountable for anything, so I think there is some kind of back story here.