In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Hey guys. My name is Rick Darnell. I currently live in So Cal, & have lived mostly here & the Pacific Northwest. Also lived in a lot of places across this great country of ours. I have been a Rams fan since, well, since before I was born. You see, my dad & grandfather were Ram fans ever since they started back in Cleveland.My dad was working in Ohio & got transferred to California in the mid 50's. So when the Rams relocated here as well, he was in seventh heaven. So as you can see, I was born into Ram fandom.Let's make one thing clear right from the start. I am the kind of fan who believes the Rams will win every game they play; it doesn't matter who the coach is; it doesn't matter who the players are. If they're wearin' the horns, they're gonna win. Misguided fanatic- probably. Ultimate optimist-definitely. Old dude who's losin' it -yeah, that too. Call me what you will, but this much is true; I love my Rams. always have, always will. also, I'm not a big stats guy, although I do enjoy them from time to time. I am not a realist, at least as it relates to the Rams. So, if you can accept an old guy who truly bleeds blue & gold, I would love to be part of the Ram brotherhood here. Sorry for rambling. That's about as much seriousness as you'll get outta me. GO RAMS!!!!
I didn't mean to quote myself here, but sometimes you need to do that as the brain cells start to go elsewhere. As regards the poll, 50+ for me. I have never been a fan of any other team since forever, although I don't hate any other team. I love football and it's always been the Rams for me. As you can tell by my post count, I don't post a lot, not a realist, not a stats guy, just a total homer. Now I'm gonna go take my medication and roll a fat one.

GO RAMS!!!!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I voted 2004 - present. Being born in 96 I don't have many memories of the GSOT and, as I little kid, football isn't the most exciting thing in the world. But one day I decided to watch the Rams vs Seahawks game on tv in 2006 with my dad and I saw Torry Holt's amazing juggling touchdown catch (see profile pic) and fell in love with the game and the Rams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I voted 2004 - present. Being born in 96 I don't have many memories of the GSOT and, as I little kid, football isn't the most exciting thing in the world. But one day I decided to watch the Rams vs Seahawks game on tv in 2006 with my dad and I saw Torry Holt's amazing juggling touchdown catch (see profile pic) and fell in love with the game and the Rams.

Oh my fate, I remember that catch. It really was a spectacular catch.

By the way, I want to officially welcome you and everyone else who's new to the forum. Cheers to you guys, and I hope that you find what you're looking for here. :D

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Me too man. the first game that I went to in the LA Coliseum, was the last game of the season, Rams vs Browns. Rams won that game to finish the season 12-2.

One week later, we lost to the Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs..arrrgggh!
Seemed like we always played and lost to the Boys back then, kinda why I hate them now, I guess. Scarred me for life on them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seemed like we always played and lost to the Boys back then, kinda why I hate them now, I guess. Scarred me for life on them.
Me too....When we finally went to our first Super Bowl, by beating Tom Landry/Roger Stauback and the Cowboys in the first game. It was almost as good as if we had won the Super Bowl that year.

Still can't believe we lost to the Steelers that year

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Me too....When we finally went to our first Super Bowl, by beating Tom Landry/Roger Stauback and the Cowboys in the first game. It was almost as good as if we had won the Super Bowl that year.

Still can't believe we lost to the Steelers that year
Great Superbowl, though. A couple of perfect throws and catches won that for them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Been a Ram fan since 1967. Roman Gabriel was QB then...and my favorite player was Les Josephson!
Yep, I have been a fan since about 1968-69...It's a little murky though! I remember from about 1970 better on out.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
66 I think. 68 first Rams game in person.

I as well, Hopper. Went to games at the Coliseum in the mid and late sixties and then to Anaheim. More recently up in Seattle went to 4 or 5 Rams games with 503/ Stu. 50 year fan club member here.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Rams fan about as long as Philly5, remember Eddie Meador, Jack Pardee, Josie even the eff'n punter Pat Studstill - the Rams weekly show hosted by Gil Stratton - of course everyone remembers Gabe to Snow, Merlin and Deacon, I will say this, one constant thru all the great Rams years was a solid offensive line, looking like they're working hard on assembling another one.

As for first Ram memory, odd as it may seem, pretty much an evening news clip of players threatening a walkout over the dismissal of one George Allen as Head Coach, I think they got their way (short lived albeit)

Last edited:

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I as well, Hopper. Went to games at the Coliseum in the mid and late sixties and then to Anaheim. More recently up in Seattle went to 4 or 5 Rams games with 503/ Stu. 50 year fan club member here.
Just me, but there will never be a finer place to watch the Rams play than the Coliseum. I know a lot of things sucked about it compared to today's stadiums. But the architecture, sight lines, how the sun would set on a late game throwing shadows across the field. It seemed a natural fit for the Rams in the white uniforms. The Rams players would glow. But then that was a half century ago.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ditto. (1978 Rams)
I Remember this ' Game Too Well! ' I had the Rams and 11 points for $100! (and Lost!) I never bet that kind of money before in my Life! ( My wife had just had our Son, and I'd just bought our 1st Home!) She Wanted to KILL me for making the Bet! But I'd do it all over again!! ( She must have forgiven me, because the next Christmas she bought me an autographed Cap, from the game, signed by Vince Ferragamo !) You guys must have fond memories of Wendell Tyler, Billy Waddy, Cullen Bryant, and Ron Smith from the Game!:D

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I Remember this ' Game Too Well! ' I had the Rams and 11 points for $100! (and Lost!) I never bet that kind of money before in my Life! ( My wife had just had our Son, and I'd just bought our 1st Home!) She Wanted to KILL me for making the Bet! But I'd do it all over again!! ( She must have forgiven me, because the next Christmas she bought me an autographed Cap, from the game, signed by Vince Ferragamo !) You guys must have fond memories of Wendell Tyler, Billy Waddy, Cullen Bryant, and Ron Smith from the Game!:D
Which game was that? I just put the 1978 Rams. Which game in particular that year are you referring to?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Which game was that? I just put the 1978 Rams. Which game in particular that year are you referring to?
Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were Talking about the 1979 Super Bowl against the Steelers! My Bad! Because that's what Mojo referenced!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were Talking about the 1979 Super Bowl against the Steelers! My Bad! Because that's what Mojo referenced!
NP. Man that game was rough. I was just a kid then (about 13), and I watched it at my friend's house who was a Steeler's fan.
I was talking a lot of smack going into that 4th quarter. And then .... :oops:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
NP. Man that game was rough. I was just a kid then (about 13), and I watched it at my friend's house who was a Steeler's fan.
I was talking a lot of smack going into that 4th quarter. And then .... :oops:
At the end of the 3rd quarter I was counting my money! At the end of the game I was looking for a Loan!!o_O

RK3

Professional Lurker
Name
Russ
You know I'm just poking fun at you right? But if all else fails - read the directions. :D

Yep. Poke all you want. And you're right. I didn't read the directions well enough. 40 years club for me. I have no problem taking 10 years off. Just wish I could do it from my age.