1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In which club do you belong?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by -X-, Jun 27, 2014.

?

In Which Club Do You Belong?

1. 10 years (2004 - Present)

10.1%
  2. 20 years (1994 - Present)

29.3%
  3. 30 years (1984 - Present)

16.7%
  4. 40 years (1974 - Present)

29.3%
  5. 50 years (1964 - Present)

15.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MFaulk107

MFaulk107 The Realness

Credit:
    $179,102.59
    Oh no no not at all. I love reading the posts of you old timers. Tbh im incredibly jelous of all of the NFL knowledge you contain and have seen, I'll be there someday!
    SierraRam likes this.
  2. DeaconJ

DeaconJ New Member

Credit:
    $2,743,513.31
    Raised in LA with the Rams in my face! Kinda drifted away when we moved to NorCal, but regained interest in the 70's with that awesome defense! Surrounded by Niner's fans. Sucked.......still does. Oh well, this year is the upper for me.
  3. A55VA6

A55VA6 Playoffs?

Credit:
    $4,462,296.23
    It's so crazy to me that some of you guys were Rams fans before my parents were even born (1967 & 1970) o_O
    -X- and SierraRam like this.
  4. Cullen Bryant

Cullen Bryant Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,640,759.05
    Name:
    Bill
    I was born into a Rams fan family ( dad and older brother) but the 79 season was when I became a diehard fan myself. Beating Dallas and almost upsetting the Steelers made me fall in love with the Rams.
  5. Ramhusker

Ramhusker Well-Known Member Pick 'Em Champion Pit Boss

Credit:
    $1,649,409.97
    45 years, damn, that's a long frickin time!
  6. howski3318

howski3318 New Member

Credit:
    $37,766.83
    Have been a fan since they moved to St. Louis... As a kid was reeled in watching Bruce.
  7. Dick84

Dick84 New Member

Credit:
    $5,296.26
    I'd say 77 was when I really became aware that I was a Rams fan. My big brother was a fan and I followed his lead.
    Selassie I, Prime Time and -X- like this.
  8. SanAnRam

SanAnRam New Member

Credit:
    $1,521.30
    Holy crap. I voted 40 years. I'm getting so old....lol
    ReddingRam likes this.
  9. Faceplant

Faceplant Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $3,072,328.19
    Psycho since `78......
    Selassie I likes this.
  10. SanAnRam

SanAnRam New Member

Credit:
    $1,521.30
    I wonder if anyone remembers what year my first memory was:

The game was against the Redskins, Billy Kilmer playing QB for them, pretty sure it was in LA, and pretty sure the good guys won.
    The play that I will always remember is Kilmer inside the 20, throws to the left flat and our LB intercepting and taking it to the house. Watching the Blue and Gold (Whites that day) uniform running down the field, I've been a fan since that day. I just don't have a clue What Day that Was?
    Prime Time and SierraRam like this.
  11. blue4

blue4 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $5,544.14
    Name:
    blue4
    I put down 30 yrs. But I was a St. Louis Cardinal fan when I was a kid. After they left, the Rams were in a tie with Miami and Houston. One of those games were on TV here usually. The Rams became my primary team after they moved here. Maybe I should have marked 20yrs, but I was a true fan of them before they came here. I will admit should they move away, that will come to an end. I'm not one of those people who will hang on long after I've been rejected (I spit on the football Cardinals).

Unrelated side note. The Titans are a sorry ass replacement for the Oilers.
    Selassie I and -X- like this.
  12. DaveFan'51

DaveFan'51 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $16,513.89
    Name:
    Dave
    1st Game; 1951: Scout Appreciation Day ( for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts etc.) . I was a Cub Scout, sitting on the 50 yard Line, 17 rows up, at the L.A. Coll.. I got to watch Waterfield, VanBrocklin, Crazy Legs Hirsch, Night-Train Lane, & Tommy Fears etc. etc. Beat the Living Crap out of the Packers. they have been in my Blood ( and under my skin ) every sense! ( I was 7 years Old! )
    SierraRam, Selassie I and -X- like this.
  13. -X-

-X- I'm the dude, man.

Credit:
    $6,486,528.77
    Name:
    The Dude
    Monday, December 13, 1971, 9:00PM EST. Kermit Alexander, 82 yard interception return TD.
    DaveFan'51 and rickrawk like this.
  14. DR RAM

DR RAM Rams Lifer

Credit:
    $3,792,656.96
    Name:
    Rambeau
    My dad took me to a an L.A. Rams game when I was 4 (1970), and I went to at least one game every year, but was never a season ticket holder. We moved to Anaheim from Lynwood when I was 10, don't think my mom ever knew why we moved to Anaheim...I figured it out. I haven't been to a game since they moved...don't get me started on why and how they moved, it's still a sore subject. Some of my best memories from being a kid was wrestling with my dad on the floor on weekends, about the only time that I saw him, because he worked so much, watching Rams games on Sundays, and UCLA on Saturdays.

I never missed watching a game that was televised, and I am one of Directv's oldest customers, specifically because of my beloved Rams. Pops, also took me to Kings, and Laker games too. Later in life we never missed a Rams or Lakers game, watching them together until he contracted cancer and died, way too soon after he retired. We had plans on going and seeing a Rams game in St. Louis. I was a third generation football player, my son a fourth, and I hope he has a boy so that tradition continues. My whole body is thrashed, have ripped a hammy completely in half, and cracked a vertebra in my lower back, playing football. I have had two spinal fusions (neck and lower back) with extra parts added. I don't care, the memories I forged from playing, coaching, and scouting are still some of the top memories that I have. Wouldn't change it.

I have a lot of passion for the Rams, and the memories they have given me, and I am on the edge of my seat, because pretty soon, this team will be special again.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  15. LoyalRam

LoyalRam Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,749,277.82
    Me too man. the first game that I went to in the LA Coliseum, was the last game of the season, Rams vs Browns. Rams won that game to finish the season 12-2.

One week later, we lost to the Cowboys in the first round of the playoffs..arrrgggh!
    SierraRam likes this.
  16. VeteranRamFan

VeteranRamFan New Member

Credit:
    $467,161.67
    Name:
    Dougy
    Gotcha beat by one year Philly! '68, LA Coliseum. Uncle took my to my first game. What memories I have of them are now fading but I remember going through the tunnels and coming out into the bright sunshine and there they were! Horns on the helmets! All white uniforms and number 84, Jack Snow, my hero.
    Prime Time, Selassie I and SierraRam like this.
  17. ramsince62

ramsince62 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $2,815,162.90
    Interesting Bell Curve with a positive slope towards the 50 & 50 plus crowd.
  18. ReddingRam

ReddingRam Well-Known Member

Credit:
    $1,946,763.46
    Most of my early Rams interest was back in the Capeletti days. Some of the end of the Fearsome Foursome, but by the time I was really into football, it was Youngblood's .. Haden era.
  19. SierraRam

SierraRam Recreational User

Credit:
    $303,339.94

Very nice! I found this from 10/22/67 (tie 28-28) & 12/13/71 (loss 38-24) Kilmer was the QB in '71 - Jurgensen '67

upload_2014-6-28_13-40-46.jpeg upload_2014-6-28_13-41-16.jpeg
    Prime Time likes this.
  20. Mojo Ram

Mojo Ram On double secret probation

Credit:
    $3,017,696.85
    Name:
    mojo
    Interesting numbers gap between the 20 and 40 year club.

50+ votes for both the 20 and 40 year fans but only 26 votes for the 30 year guys(including myself).