In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

Philly5

Rookie
I like how many of us there are after such a long period of absolutely horrid football.

I'd ask a follow-up question too: how many of you live in Rams 'territory', and those of you who don't, what's the local team?

(I live in Pats territory. It's been very difficult but I think my friends respect that I root for and vocally claim fandom of the Rams despite futility)

Giants/Jets territory. Being local is not such a big deal for NFL, especially with DirectTV, St Louis radio streaming, and a solid internet site like this one.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Im in the 40's club. Became a fan because my Italian uncle was visiting one Monday night. Instead of giving me a dollar on this visit he asked me who I thought would win the Monday Night Football game in like 1976 - 77. It was the Rams vs Steelers. I picked the Rams and they won 17-14. From there I became a fan, I had my mother order me a Rams shirt from the Sears catalog (anyone over 40 will know what that is lol). When I wore it to school, I got made fun of, which only made me like them more and ask for a Jack Youngblood and Lawrence McCutheon jersey. The rest is history.
Was that the year that the win against the steelers made us 7-0 and we became the last undefeated team left?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
20ish year club. My father indoctrinated me as a youth which is cool. We used to read the news paper and check game stats and such up until the advent of NFL Sunday Ticket.
I used to catch a lot of shit in elementary school for wearing my Rams sweatshirt. One day I came armed with like a Miller or Bud Light stat book. Maybe some of you guys remember them, but I brought it in to illustrate how great Jerome Bettis was and how whatever Vikings RB dujour couldn't hold his jock. And then how Jim Everett wasn't much worse than whichever QB the Vikes had at the time. It was an uphill battle for several years until that fateful season in '99.
But I can safely say that I was an LA fan before the jump!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol, my bad, not defensive. Was not saying that to anyone in particular... Just the imaginary person arguing with me.
lol. Yeah, that's what I saw. I do that too. Why? Because fuck you. That's why. :LOL:

Ramatik

Starter
I became a fan around 74 or 75. I can't really pen it down, because I don't remember much. Just liking the horns and rooting for them when they would come on tv or come up in a conversation. I remember that game against the Vikings in the NFC Title game., I really felt for those guys. They were so tough and stoic in the face of defeat. My Grandfather and Father were Ram fans as well. I know that 76 is when I really started to gain some knowledge of the game and know who players were. We've lived up in Sacramento for most of my life. (My brother and one of my sisters were born in L.A.) So, I grew up and continue to live in 49er country. Back when I became a fan, the 9ers were one of the worst teams ever. The Raiders had a pretty good following back then, but the Rams were so much cooler.

When I came back from my stint in the Marine Corps one of the things that my Dad and I had in common was the Rams. And we spent many a Sunday together for game day. Many times in sports bars. We had the 99 Superbowl party at his house. I borrowed his 4X4 to head up to Reno the next day to cash in my winning ticket. $10 at 200 to 1. I'd always bet $20 previous and I haven't made one since.

This is the first year that my Dad won't be here. He passed away last month. I'm still kind of raw from it. But at 78 he led a pretty good life. He smoked, drank and rode his bike ride up to the end before the ol' heart attack got him. Boy, could he talk shit. That was one of the best things about going to the Sports Bars. He would make 9er fans so pissed off. Even during our pitifully bad years. Heh. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I became a fan around 74 or 75. I can't really pen it down, because I don't remember much. Just liking the horns and rooting for them when they would come on tv or come up in a conversation. I remember that game against the Vikings in the NFC Title game., I really felt for those guys. They were so tough and stoic in the face of defeat. My Grandfather and Father were Ram fans as well. I know that 76 is when I really started to gain some knowledge of the game and know who players were. We've lived up in Sacramento for most of my life. (My brother and one of my sisters were born in L.A.) So, I grew up and continue to live in 49er country. Back when I became a fan, the 9ers were one of the worst teams ever. The Raiders had a pretty good following back then, but the Rams were so much cooler.

When I came back from my stint in the Marine Corps one of the things that my Dad and I had in common was the Rams. And we spent many a Sunday together for game day. Many times in sports bars. We had the 99 Superbowl party at his house. I borrowed his 4X4 to head up to Reno the next day to cash in my winning ticket. $10 at 200 to 1. I'd always bet $20 previous and I haven't made one since.

This is the first year that my Dad won't be here. He passed away last month. I'm still kind of raw from it. But at 78 he led a pretty good life. He smoked, drank and rode his bike ride up to the end before the ol' heart attack got him. Boy, could he talk crap. That was one of the best things about going to the Sports Bars. He would make 9er fans so pissed off. Even during our pitifully bad years. Heh. :)
Cool story, man. Sorry for your loss, but you had a great relationship to look back on. (y)

JRobinson

MiLB
I can't even vote on this poll. I became a fan in 2006 because of fantasy football, and having Steven Jackson, Mark Bulger, and Torry Holt. I started watching this team, and I found love with the running game in Steven Jackson. He was the entire reason I became a fan of the NFL and the Rams. My best season so far.... 8–8

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

This is the first year that my Dad won't be here. He passed away last month. I'm still kind of raw from it. But at 78 he led a pretty good life. He smoked, drank and rode his bike ride up to the end before the ol' heart attack got him. Boy, could he talk crap. That was one of the best things about going to the Sports Bars. He would make 9er fans so pissed off. Even during our pitifully bad years. Heh. :)

Sorry for your loss.

Wish I could have watched a game with your Pops. Sounds like a blast.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Cool story, man. Sorry for your loss, but you had a great relationship to look back on. (y)
Sorry for your loss Ramsatik
My dad and grandfather are gone now also. But in spirit they watch every game with me. My 10 year old son won a Falcon helmet at the fair when he was about 5 and has been a Falcon fan ever since ( it kills me) but he is coming around to the good side, our side. I try not to make up his mind for him and just hope he becomes a fan of the family's team. It would be nice to be rooting for the same team as I get even older and share the great Rams moments we are getting ready to enjoy.

Last edited:

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
My father was an avid football fan (he had no favorite team). We were watching a football game at my grandparents house---the Rams were playing (had to be in 1974 or 1975) and loved their uni's and the rest is history. Wore a Rams backpack to kindergarten first Rams apparel that I owned.

Irish

Starter
Team moved to Saint Louis, the bug bit 8 year old me, the rest is history.

Seen a lot of shitty football, but god help me I love this team

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
1971. I was only 4, but my parents say that I wanted a Rams uniform for Christmas and once I got it I would sit and watch every game while wearing the uniform, helmet and all.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think 48 years... might be 47...

Watching the late games (lived on east cost), Rams were on a lot because they were pretty good.

Sat in our family room watching them on black and white.

It was the helmets that hooked me... still the best damned helmets in the league!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Was that the year that the win against the steelers made us 7-0 and we became the last undefeated team left?

I was in like 2nd grade, may have been 8 years old. I wish I remembered more about the game. I only knew both teams were really good but the Rams had the cooler uniforms lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can't even vote on this poll. I became a fan in 2006 because of fantasy football, and having Steven Jackson, Mark Bulger, and Torry Holt. I started watching this team, and I found love with the running game in Steven Jackson. He was the entire reason I became a fan of the NFL and the Rams. My best season so far.... 8–8
You can be in the 10 year club (unless you plan on leaving in the next 2 years).