1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In which club do you belong?

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by -X-, Jun 27, 2014.

?

In Which Club Do You Belong?

1. 10 years (2004 - Present)

10.1%
  2. 20 years (1994 - Present)

29.3%
  3. 30 years (1984 - Present)

16.7%
  4. 40 years (1974 - Present)

29.3%
  5. 50 years (1964 - Present)

15.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zaphod Well-Known Member

There's no real beginning for me. All I could really remember from the Cardinals was my dad and his friend getting red in the face and yelling obscenities at the TV thinking, this can't be healthy.

I didn't even become a fan of football until I started going to the games to watch my best friend maul people on both sides of the line. Yeah, he was my real hero growing up!

Anyway, I just kind of became a fan of football and the first team I rooted for was the 49ers just to be contradictory. I just gravitated to whatever team got a lot of air time after the Cardinals left, which at the time was the Chiefs, so yes I'm a shameless fan of Marty ball. But I also watched the Rams when the were on because one, the uniforms and helmets were the coolest and I was also a Jim Everett fan.

I didn't really have a favorite team until they moved here in 95. Of course there was a ton of TV time with the Rams, but the first live game sealed the deal for me.

2. nighttrain Well-Known Member

Watched the Rams when tricky Dick Bass was "money". Started following the Rams in the late 50's, had a paper route and was an avid sportsfan at 10 yrs old, started reading about three different papers a day, The Herald, The Times, and the Long Beach Newspaper. 57 years a Horn fan
    train

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  3. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Nice. You're an OG Rams fan (Original Ganster).

nighttrain likes this.
  4. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

You and me both.

5. dieterbrock Well-Known Member

I honestly dont remember when I became a fan, just that I've always have been
    According to my father, I was a huge Joe Namath fan as a kid (that I remember), and went he went to the Rams they became my team.
    Makes sense to me, because I do remember being a "die hard" during the 78 season when I have my first Rams memory. My dad took me to the Meadowlands to see the Rams play the Giants. The Rams won the game and I can remember getting heckled.
    Amazing how different things were back then. No sportscenter highlights etc. I remember that if I was behaved, my parents would let me stay up until halftime of the Monday night football game because they did a highlight show at halftime
    I had kept that program from the Rams/Giants game for years, wish I still had

Selassie I and -X- like this.
  6. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Was outta town last weekend. Here ya go broski.

Attached Files:

RamFan503 and LesBaker like this.
  7. Username Has a Well-Known Member

Sry I suck at posting pics on here. Just stand on your head.

8. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Those are very cool...... You should frame them

9. Username Has a Well-Known Member

I might just do that

10. LesBaker Mr. Savant

Put them together Ina nice frame with some matting with the edge in the yellow and blue........that will look very nice

Username likes this.
  11. kmramsfan New Member

Yeah, the cool old clock at the open end of it and the architecture were part of the experience.The other thing that I recall as a kid at the old coliseum was the smell of stogies and hard liquor. We would meet at a restaurant in Encino called the Rams Horn and ride into LA on a chartered bus for the game. All the little kids would start throwing ballast rocks from the RR tracks at us when we were leaving town after the games. hahahaha

12. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

since they moved to st louis

13. So Ram Well-Known Member

Crazy to think I always liked Bay Area teams.Old A's & Charlie Finley's team.Raiders with Otis & Blanda.

Rick Berry & Gus,Silk with Warriors.
    I was more Merlin,Dryer,Youngblood.
    James Harrus was my favorite Rams QB.I like Jaws as well.
    I think the whole Rams controversies QB's started back when Knox went with Harris instead of Jaws.
    It reminded me of Joe & Young.When do you bring a QB back.I think you stay with Jaws,because of how well the team is playing.I think it ruined a perfect situation.If the Rams were in The SuperBowl would have made it different.

14. So Ram Well-Known Member

You know looking back at it,it makes me real mad James Harris never got the respect he deserved.Especially from Rams fans and there history books.
    What did the Fearsome Foursome ever do ? I'm not saying they weren't great.I'm just saying win a playoff game.