In which club do you belong?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

In Which Club Do You Belong?

• Total voters

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
There's no real beginning for me. All I could really remember from the Cardinals was my dad and his friend getting red in the face and yelling obscenities at the TV thinking, this can't be healthy.

I didn't even become a fan of football until I started going to the games to watch my best friend maul people on both sides of the line. Yeah, he was my real hero growing up!

Anyway, I just kind of became a fan of football and the first team I rooted for was the 49ers just to be contradictory. I just gravitated to whatever team got a lot of air time after the Cardinals left, which at the time was the Chiefs, so yes I'm a shameless fan of Marty ball. But I also watched the Rams when the were on because one, the uniforms and helmets were the coolest and I was also a Jim Everett fan.

I didn't really have a favorite team until they moved here in 95. Of course there was a ton of TV time with the Rams, but the first live game sealed the deal for me.

nighttrain

Legend
Just trying to get an idea of how long people have been a fan of the Rams Franchise. The poll options are kind of limited, but I can't really make an option for every year dating back to the 60's. So, if you've been a fan since 1978, for instance (like me), you'd still be in the 30 year club -- but creeping up on 40.

It'll be interesting to see the diversity up in this jernt.

And if you'd like to post your first Ram memory, that would be pretty cool too. (y)
Watched the Rams when tricky Dick Bass was "money". Started following the Rams in the late 50's, had a paper route and was an avid sportsfan at 10 yrs old, started reading about three different papers a day, The Herald, The Times, and the Long Beach Newspaper. 57 years a Horn fan
train

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Watched the Rams when tricky Dick Bass was "money". Started following the Rams in the late 50's, had a paper route and was an avid sportsfan at 10 yrs old, started reading about three different papers a day, The Herald, The Times, and the Long Beach Newspaper. 57 years a Horn fan
train
Nice. You're an OG Rams fan (Original Ganster).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. Poke all you want. And you're right. I didn't read the directions well enough. 40 years club for me. I have no problem taking 10 years off. Just wish I could do it from my age.
You and me both.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I honestly dont remember when I became a fan, just that I've always have been
According to my father, I was a huge Joe Namath fan as a kid (that I remember), and went he went to the Rams they became my team.
Makes sense to me, because I do remember being a "die hard" during the 78 season when I have my first Rams memory. My dad took me to the Meadowlands to see the Rams play the Giants. The Rams won the game and I can remember getting heckled.
Amazing how different things were back then. No sportscenter highlights etc. I remember that if I was behaved, my parents would let me stay up until halftime of the Monday night football game because they did a highlight show at halftime
I had kept that program from the Rams/Giants game for years, wish I still had

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 164

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Just me, but there will never be a finer place to watch the Rams play than the Coliseum. I know a lot of things sucked about it compared to today's stadiums. But the architecture, sight lines, how the sun would set on a late game throwing shadows across the field. It seemed a natural fit for the Rams in the white uniforms. The Rams players would glow. But then that was a half century ago.

Yeah, the cool old clock at the open end of it and the architecture were part of the experience.The other thing that I recall as a kid at the old coliseum was the smell of stogies and hard liquor. We would meet at a restaurant in Encino called the Rams Horn and ride into LA on a chartered bus for the game. All the little kids would start throwing ballast rocks from the RR tracks at us when we were leaving town after the games. hahahaha

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Crazy to think I always liked Bay Area teams.Old A's & Charlie Finley's team.Raiders with Otis & Blanda.

Rick Berry & Gus,Silk with Warriors.
I was more Merlin,Dryer,Youngblood.
James Harrus was my favorite Rams QB.I like Jaws as well.
I think the whole Rams controversies QB's started back when Knox went with Harris instead of Jaws.
It reminded me of Joe & Young.When do you bring a QB back.I think you stay with Jaws,because of how well the team is playing.I think it ruined a perfect situation.If the Rams were in The SuperBowl would have made it different.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You know looking back at it,it makes me real mad James Harris never got the respect he deserved.Especially from Rams fans and there history books.
What did the Fearsome Foursome ever do ? I'm not saying they weren't great.I'm just saying win a playoff game.