In what should be the most exciting week of the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I'm expecting a more talented team that can and will play with just about anybody.

Thanks ReddingRam, I agree. And that's plenty to be excited about! We have a top 10 D, a solid run game, a savvy veteran QB, the best kicking game in the NFL & a coaching staff that has everyone believing in themselves. How long has it been since we could say any of these things?

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The media in this town is a bunch of homers compared to other, larger towns and publications. You really won't find softer, gentler coverage.

Perhaps Tim Walton can get a job as Editor in Chief at the PD when his coaching days are over.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The PD just plain sucks! Clearly the wrong paper survived in St. Louis.
Bring back the GD!

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Thanks ReddingRam, I agree. And that's plenty to be excited about! We have a top 10 D, a solid run game, a savvy veteran QB, the best kicking game in the NFL & a coaching staff that has everyone believing in themselves. How long has it been since we could say any of these things?
I'm just not going to demand much more than being competitive. This team over the past 10 yrs has been soooo bad, that even getting to above average is more fun to watch. At least now ... I actually go into games thinking we have a chance to win. That is a LOT more than I can say for past seasons.

We have issues, and adversity to overcome. "Expecting" a Division title or anything like that is too much to ask, IMHO. One game at a time .....play hard and compete ... and hopefully fruit will bear.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I agree and think about it. How many teams are really in position to go to the Super Bowl most years? And to me making the playoffs when you are still too weak to challenge for the top prize is really just a booby prize that costs you draft position. Most teams are just spoilers for most of the years.
Just sit back and enjoy watching them improve and if they keep it up we could be rooting for a Championship team again some day.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just don't see this negativity. I see a few articles that question:

The #2 pick not starting. Anytime the #2 doesn't break the starting lineup no matter what the team there's going to be questions.

Little optimistic talk of Shaun Hill. The franchise QB out for the year is going to raise doubts and questions.

The potential revival of little known vets is not newsworthy really until it happens. They've already covered these players throughout camp and had good things to say.

The potential exit of the team is not exactly back-burner news story, no matter how badly us die-hards want to talk about something else.

I just don't see the huge issues with the PD. As for Burwell's story, even though I rarely agree with his opinions or his overly flowery descriptions of his favorite players, I viewed his article today as his genuine attempt to DO SOMETHING. I don't think his intention is to whip up negativity, I think it's his way of trying to help keep a team here.

The #2 pick not starting shouldn't be made out a concern unless it is. Is he not as good, then OK, I'd get that. But, there's no indication of that (yet, or maybe).

Shaun Hill is what he is, they can talk about how his team's with him remain competitive. Also Jeff Fisher and Kerry Collins, Vince Young, etc etc. and how those teams got to the playoffs.

The vets thing is a way of knowing the team better. They show the casual fan (who probably won't know who the starting RG is) who is a potential/former Pro Bowl player.

Rams to LA has been here for a few decades. Terrible timing for it to be brought up again.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The #2 pick not starting shouldn't be made out a concern unless it is. Is he not as good, then OK, I'd get that. But, there's no indication of that (yet, or maybe).

Shaun Hill is what he is, they can talk about how his team's with him remain competitive. Also Jeff Fisher and Kerry Collins, Vince Young, etc etc. and how those teams got to the playoffs.

The vets thing is a way of knowing the team better. They show the casual fan (who probably won't know who the starting RG is) who is a potential/former Pro Bowl player.

Rams to LA has been here for a few decades. Terrible timing for it to be brought up again.

I think that you missed my point a little. I agree with you on all the points about our players. What I'm saying is that outside of places like this that pays attention to the off season, it's what is being talked about regarding the team. People just don't pay attention like we do to TC. Of course the paper is going to mention it.

Rams to LA isn't being brought up again so to speak, it has never been not talked about for fans in STL. Can't be brought back up when it's never been laid down. I'm getting ready to go over to my father in laws. He isn't as big a fan as me. I guarantee you at some point he is going to bring the potential move up. Everyone does it. It doesn't matter what the paper here prints, it WILL be one of the biggest topics. I don't see why it's terrible timing to report on things that the readership of the paper want to know about. Their job is to report news, not cheerlead for the team. Just IMO.