In Soviet Russia, #2 pick chooses YOU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Staying at #2, who do you draft?

• Robert Griffin III

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Matt Kalil

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Justin Blackmon

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Trent Richardson

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Morris Claiborne

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (name him)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Let's say the Rams don't get any real significant offers for the #2 pick. Unlikely, but just play along.
Now you're "stuck" with this pick. So who are you going to draft?

superfan24

Starter
Wow much tougher than I thought because I really, really, really hope they trade down. I chose Kalil by default even though I don't want another highly drafted lineman :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, and incidentally, guests can particiate. If you're lurking (not logged in or registered), you can still vote.

joeybittick

Rookie
I went with the CB. I have always been a fan of the stud CB. I can't help it, Deion Sanders old football game on Sega was my favorite game ever growing up. I mean, you could CREATE YOUR OWN PLAYER! How cool was that 15+ years ago?

Being realistic, I know the pick will not be Claiborne, but if I was running the draft I would probably take him (and then subsequently be given a pink slip :nono: )

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
joeybittick said:
I went with the CB. I have always been a fan of the stud CB. I can't help it, Deion Sanders old football game on Sega was my favorite game ever growing up. I mean, you could CREATE YOUR OWN PLAYER! How cool was that 15+ years ago?

Being realistic, I know the pick will not be Claiborne, but if I was running the draft I would probably take him (and then subsequently be given a pink slip :nono: )

You can still do that, you know. :bahumbug:

I voted for the Okie, obviously.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
joeybittick said:

You never know, man. Claiborne fills a lot of needs. Shut-down corner and return man. Fisher likes corners too, and doesn't have a real significant track record of taking linemen high. I wouldn't entirely rule it out. Same thing with Richardson. How do you pass on THAT guy when your M.O. is smashmouth football and protecting the QB?

trent-richardson-opxu-52110.jpg

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
RGIII then force a trade during the draft or during the season after someone is hurting severely for a QB. He's too big of a talent to not force someone to give you something in return considering we're in position to do so.

THAT SAID...

I realize I'm not really playing exactly by your rules/way of thinking probably X. :cheese: So how about this. If trading was outlawed in the NFL :bign: I'd probably take Claiborne. It's so GD close though man, I really have no clue this early. The only real opinion I have as of right now is that this draft has some serious talent stocked in it. You could make a sound argument for any of the top 5 players on the board imo.

Still haz not voted cause I can't decide. It's a hell of a question, and a hell of a predicament for the new staff to start with.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
X said:
joeybittick said:

You never know, man. Claiborne fills a lot of needs. Shut-down corner and return man. Fisher likes corners too, and doesn't have a real significant track record of taking linemen high. I wouldn't entirely rule it out. Same thing with Richardson. How do you pass on THAT guy when your M.O. is smashmouth football and protecting the QB?

trent-richardson-opxu-52110.jpg

Have no fear Master X it's very berry possible TR becomes the selection it's crazy because TR is a multi dimensional back that reminds me of a of AP literally but I believe TR overall has top notch vision,breaking ability,solid hands and superb blocking results. Then we flip it to MC who is also multi dimensional could end up as the next Bailey/Revis type only MC is a huge pt/kr talent and we all saw how PP burned us in OT I watched it live and the familiar 'no fuckin way' was loud and clear but covered by a the damn screaming Cardinals fans. And then we have that guy oh what's his name JB that's it...tired of hearing the cons he's definitely close to the bullseye on "our" draftboard.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Staying at #2 I think Kalil has to be the choice. That's where he should be, and it's a position of need. That's who I went with.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
This is so tough. Im convinced that at #2 its between Kalil and Blackmon. I went with Blackmon. I believe that his ceiling is Hakeem Nicks. Would anyone have an issue with that good of a WR taken in the top 5?

I could easily change my mind tomorrow lol.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
I voted for Kalil, got to fix the o-line first. I think he's a safe pick also, can't see him busting. I'm still pissed we passed on his brother for the fullback from Rutgers. Blackmon or Richardson would be more exciting but Kalil is the best choice at #2 imho.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
Staying at #2 I think Kalil has to be the choice. That's where he should be, and it's a position of need. That's who I went with.
If we stay at #2, it's gotta be Kalil. I just hope that Kalil can add some muscle and strength to his frame.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Morris Claiborne.

Biggest game changer on the board. Will take half the field away in pass pro and lets the Rams roll the coverage to the opposite side to help shut down the passing game. Results would be Long, Quinn etc. would get many more sacks and let Williams run his blitz packages at will. And if the Rams find a few NFL quality DT's to stop the run this would go from a bad D to great one in one off season.

JMO

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Yamahopper said:
Morris Claiborne.

Biggest game changer on the board. Will take half the field away in pass pro and lets the Rams roll the coverage to the opposite side to help shut down the passing game. Results would be Long, Quinn etc. would get many more sacks and let Williams run his blitz packages at will. And if the Rams find a few NFL quality DT's to stop the run this would go from a bad D to great one in one off season.

JMO

It came down to Claiborne vs Kalil for me. I agree with you that Claiborne would be a great addition and could be a game changer. I went with Kalil though. Just couldnt go with a CB at #2 tho.

A great shutdown CB(Revis, Bailey, Woodson, Nnamdi) is worth the number 2 pick, but a pretty good number 1 CB(Haden, Samual, Winfield, Finnegan) is not. Just not sure Claiborne would be in that top tier.

Justin Blackmon isnt worth the #2 pick either IMO. He isnt an Andre, Megatron, Fitz, AJ Green, etc. He'll be a solid NFL WR but not a elite/game changer.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We need weapons so I went with the future of the Rams running game.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's Kalil for me. I like Rodger Saffold, but Kalil is one of the best left tackle prospects to come out in a long time. Yes, Blackmon has had Terrell Owens (talent-wise, not personality-wise) comparisons. Yes, Claiborne is said to be a better shutdown cornerback than Patrick Peterson was coming out of college. Yes, Richardson is one of the very few running backs who would be worth a number two pick. And I must be the only person who thinks that RG3 is going to be a better quarterback than Luck.

Still, I don't see much difference between Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, and it's a very good possibility that we'll get Finnegan in free agency. I can't justify taking a running back in the first round when we already have a Hall-of-Fame-caliber back in Steven Jackson. As good as Blackmon is, he's most certainly not at the level of the other elite receivers that have come out - and with all of the fantastic prospects available in the second and third rounds, I don't think I could justify taking Blackmon when there are pressing needs that can't be filled in later rounds. And Sam Bradford is the quarterback of today and the future. Taking RG3 would be a waste of a pick.

But Kalil is easily the best left tackle on the board. I don't care what Mayock says about Reiff; I've seen both of them play, and there shouldn't even be a comparison.

superfan24

Starter
My new dream scenario for the Rams would be to trade down to 4 draft Claiborne and then Mike Floyd at #22 assuming he's still there.
One straight up need solved and another huge piece added to the D which will be dominate.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I would go with Blackmon if I was forced to pick at #2,,, I would also pick him at #4 or #6 if he was somehow still available.

Kalil would seem like the safest pick probably, but I've heard that his core strength may be somewhat suspect... maybe a little "light" too weighing less than 300 at 6' 6" or 6' 7".

Richardson seems like he'll be a Beast,,, but that knee?

Claiborne is the guy I think I'd take right behind Blackmon. Adding SEC players to the roster (especially defensive players) is not a bad plan.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I picked Kalil. I really want a playmaker in Blackmon or Richardson but Kalil would have to be the pick at 2, go FA for the WR and let SJ have the spotlight he would deserve on a winning team and wait on that replacement RB. Go get the change of pace back later in the draft.