In Denver: Peyton vs Kubiak on O

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It was an interesting topic this week on Sirius radio NFL channel...

Peyton is showing signs of age, but... Will it end up being a mistake forcing Kubiak's offense on him (and this team)?

Osweiler has been okay, but does he look playoff ready? Me? No.

So... If Peyton is your best shot - Denver - will the end game illustrate that Kubiak was wrong forcing his offensive philosophy on the team?

They have a playoff caliber defense.

Why not let Peyton work the shotgun and adjust at the line.... Like he's done for X years?

I think Kubiak is making a mistake and it will cost them in the playoffs.

The window is always small.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know Fisher has a reputation for defense but what John Fox did in Denver and now in Chicago in a very short time span is very impressive. He fixed Denver's defense and that is the main reason they are where they are IMO.

As to Manning vs Kubiak, I think that Manning looked real bad at times this year and there is no reason to think it will get better in the playoffs, however if they are going to ride that horse, then it is a bad idea to use a different scheme.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
My take? Manning is done. Like, forever. People will say "but it's Peyton Manning!" No, this is an old, crippled, 40 year old Peyton Manning. He can barely throw an out route now. He can't practice. He's not even active on Sunday's, mostly because he's too proud to be a backup. What makes anyone think he can go out and beat a team like New England, IN Gilette Stadium, where he is notoriously bad. Especially in cold weather. I get that he doesn't want to go out the way he did. 4-11 41 yards and 3 picks or whatever it was. And it was on a record breaking day, which nobody will remember now. But I just don't see it.

Peyton, if you ever have a chance to read this. Please do us and yourself a favor and just retire. We want to remember the old Manning. Not this washed up version.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In a dome or sunny 60+ degree weather, Peyton still has it....As it chills...wind blows....and the temp hovers around the 40's & 30's, Peyton can not drive the ball like Brock O. can...

Kubiac was probably told to get the kid ready....This Denver team probably has a good 5-6 year window to really win.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It was an interesting topic this week on Sirius radio NFL channel...

Peyton is showing signs of age, but... Will it end up being a mistake forcing Kubiak's offense on him (and this team)?

Osweiler has been okay, but does he look playoff ready? Me? No.

So... If Peyton is your best shot - Denver - will the end game illustrate that Kubiak was wrong forcing his offensive philosophy on the team?

They have a playoff caliber defense.

Why not let Peyton work the shotgun and adjust at the line.... Like he's done for X years?

I think Kubiak is making a mistake and it will cost them in the playoffs.

The window is always small.

Been saying this all season!

Athos

Legend
I don't know why you'd take away from Manning, what Manning does best. Calling protections, outfoxing the defenses, and audibling whenever the fuck he feels like it.

That said, Peyton's age finally caught up with him this year. If he could but borrow Brock's body, DEN prolly wins the Super Bowl.

As it stands...

fearsomefour

Legend
I think Elway was trying to recreate his late career success. He finally won titles when a good bit of the work load was handed over the T. Davis and the running game. Run first, play good D and let Elway make a couple big plays a game.
I agree Manning is probably done, healthy or not. The only thing that bums me out about his decline (not a Peyton fan) is it no doubt makes an even easier road the Brady and the Cheatriots to win the AFC.