IMO, controlling the LOS on both sides of the ball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Jeff Fisher was on injured reserve that season with an ankle injury but spent his time assisting Buddy Ryan. Would love to hear some of his stories about his time with the Bears and Ryan.

OK so why don't you bring him in for a chat........ o_O

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ponder on this for a minute; Bradford having a dominant OL to provide extra time in the pocket. Potentially, what kind of damage would Sam do to opposing defenses with his accuracy and awareness?

Fix the OL and this team can be very scary to defend

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You guys are missing the obvious. You build on what you do well, DL, and dominate with that.The OL needs help, but it isn't going to be the key to success. If you want to win in the NFCW, you have to have an unstoppable force on one side or the other. You can't have both. IMHO, you don't draft to be good everywhere, you draft to be unstoppable somewhere.
1976-1977 Rams
OT-Doug France all pro
OG- Tom Mack HOF
OC- Rich Saul all pro
OG- Dennis Harrah all pro
OT- Jackie Slater HOF

DE-Jack Youngblod HOF
DT- Larry Brooks all pro
DT- Merlin Olsen HOF
DE-Fred Dyer all pro

I wonder what Sam Bradford could do if he had an OL like the one above?

Last edited:

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
You are correct!!! The 85 Bears could also run the ball on you all day long with an excellent OL and Sweetness, which of course was the NFL style those days. The D was amazing/elite/world class and got all the media attention but they were not lightweights on offense by any stretch. They scored the 2nd most points in the league that year and while the defense got a lot of scores compared to other defenses then and since then, that O got the ball into the end zone plenty too.

That was actually a well balanced team IMO. One of the very best all around I've seen, including the 49ers when they were spending like mad before the salary cap existed.

That's what I think we need more than anything. Balance. And I think we're closer than most think but we need to address it in the draft. Both sides, not just one or the other.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Ponder on this for a minute; Bradford having a dominant OL to provide extra time in the pocket. Potentially, what kind of damage would Sam do to opposing defenses with his accuracy and awareness?

Fix the OL and this team can be very scary to defend

Whenever I watch Bradford highlights the thing that stands out the most is when he has time he picks defenses apart.
Scary to think of what could be. When he doesn't have time, bad things happen. Which can be said of most QB's of course.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
1976-1977 Rams
OT-Doug France all pro
OG- Tom Mack HOF
OC- Rich Saul all pro
OG- Dennis Harrah all pro
OT- Jackie Slater HOF

DE-Jack Youngblod HOF
DT- Larry Brooks all pro
DT- Merlin Olsen HOF
DE-Fred Dyer all pro

I wonder what Sam Bradford could do if he had an OL like the one above?

What a freaking OL eh?

DL wasn't to shabby either :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's what I think we need more than anything. Balance. And I think we're closer than most think but we need to address it in the draft. Both sides, not just one or the other.

No issue with balance but the part that needs to pick up the pace is for sure the passing game.

Thats why I'm OK if they draft another WR, though I'm not totally sold that they will.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
No issue with balance but the part that needs to pick up the pace is for sure the passing game.

Thats why I'm OK if they draft another WR, though I'm not totally sold that they will.

What would you think if we drafted Watkins and then Lewan?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just want playmakers in the first and build the trenches later. Clowney or Watkins with our first pick would be great. I'd go OL if those two aren't options after a trade down or whatever.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What would you think if we drafted Watkins and then Lewan?

I don't watch college ball I rely on posters for my knowledge. So I'd have to say I guess I'd be OK. But I suspect two trades could happen. So I have no clue what those two (Snisher) are up to LOL.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Missing the obvious? You can't have both? Says who? Our D line is pretty damn close now. But we aren't going to win against SF or Seattle scoring 10 points. You do realize Bradford is one of the most sacked QB's in the league? Even if we're going to run the ball you need a good OL to do it.
We've got an old injury prone center and a LT coming back from ACL and MCL surgery. Saffold looks great at guard but we all know his injury history as well.
If we don't start putting together a good OL and one with depth we're never going to consistently beat any of the top teams.

I mean I get you want the 85' bears D but even they could score points.

Was Bradford one of the most sacked QB's? I don't think so.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is a chat different than a discussion? :sneaky:
CZLIWEt.jpg

lockdnram21

Legend
Was Bradford one of the most sacked QB's? I don't think so.

just because he didnt get sacked a lot doesnt mean the line was good. thats why we were throwing 2 yard passes, receivers are not getting time to finish routes

RamzFanz

Damnit
just because he didnt get sacked a lot doesnt mean the line was good. thats why we were throwing 2 yard passes, receivers are not getting time to finish routes

Mmmmm, I don't agree. The line was pretty good. Bradford had good numbers and he was nowhere near one of the most sacked as stated.