im worried about our Cornerbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
As much as i like Donald i think we should have drafted Dennard or Kyle Fuller. I dont know if Britt, Bailey, and Quick have gotten that much better orJenkins just isnt any good. I hope its our receivers have gotten better because they are making him look bad. I hope he picks it up or Roberson Or Gaines are ready. I think our secondary is going to be weakest link of team this coming season i hope im wrong

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I can understand concern, however, it's very very early. Pads aren't even on yet. I'll get worried if we don't see it by game 3 preseason

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
From all accounts, EJ Gaines seems to be improving.

Hopefully Jenkins turns things around.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can understand concern, however, it's very very early. Pads aren't even on yet. I'll get worried if we don't see it by game 3 preseason
yea i understand but he always get fooled on those double moves. always

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
That secondary was not very good today, that's for sure. It is only day 3 of training camp today though, so perspective should be the order of the day.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I can understand people getting worried because all you hear about are the receivers beating the corners. You don't often here about all the pass breakups, or the nice plays the corners make. I'll start to worry when they're actually in games, and have this NEW defense down pat.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I think our secondary is going to be weakest link of team this coming season i hope im wrong

That was pretty much a given before training camp began but I have hope that Greg Williams will get the most out of them. As we all know, a quick, ferocious D-line will make weak DB's look good or at least average.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
As much as i like Donald i think we should have drafted Dennard or Kyle Fuller. I dont know if Britt, Bailey, and Quick have gotten that much better orJenkins just isnt any good. I hope its our receivers have gotten better because they are making him look bad. I hope he picks it up or Roberson Or Gaines are ready. I think our secondary is going to be weakest link of team this coming season i hope im wrong

I think part of the issue today was due to the scheme they were playing. Not nearly as much pressure from the dline. (maybe in an attempt to play to the overflow crowd?) The offense performed at a level they hadn't seen in any of the previous OTAs or camp practices.

Lots of RedZone stuff as well. Lets see how things shake out by next week and how they do in the dome on Saturday.

jap

Legend
Improvements defensively tend to be more effective the closer one plays to the LOS. In that respect, drafting Aaron Donald was a better choice than going LB or DB. IF the Horns front four is driving the QB bonkers all game long, the DB's don't have to be all world to be effective.

jjab360

Legend
:rolleyes: smdh

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I've been saying this for a while. Jackrabbit especially needs to be more consistent.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Joyner played lights out in the slot all day long. At one point early on I saw Coach Brandon Fisher back the corners off from the line and stopped the bump and run in red zone drills.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Joyner played lights out in the slot all day long. At one point early on I saw Coach Brandon Fisher back the corners off from the line and stopped the bump and run in red zone drills.

im mainly talking about JJ hes supposed to be our number 1

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
With the drafting of Donald, our secondary becomes better, friend. Oh! We still got some Joyner and Gaines, though.

But yeah, I understand your concern. I'm too jacked on Kool-Aide to be skeptical right now. We have no problems in my mind today. Lol

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
CoachO chime in but I thought Janoris played pretty well the first two days....I have no thoughts on him today. I was watching the other guys.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
CoachO chime in but I thought Janoris played pretty well the first two days....I have no thoughts on him today. I was watching the other guys.

He didn't have a good day at all today. But again, I think alot of it today was the defense wasn't putting the same sort of pressure on, and it was by design. They kinda did the same thing last year when the crowd was as big as it was today. I'm not saying they let up, but I think the plan for today's practice was more geared to the offense having more opportunities. They took more downfield shots today on offense than in either of the previous days.

They worked on RedZone packages in both 7 on 7 & 11 on 11, which always favors the offense in these sort of practices. IT only takes a few WOW plays for everyone to leave feeling good about the offense. So I for one, am not all that concerned. When they turn that front 7 loose, the secondary automatically gets a whole lot better.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Tru was out today too., so that didn't help. I was concerned, but I believe in Gregg Williams.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Don't be surprised if they allow big plays during the regular season. With Williams's aggressive playstyle, you're bound to yield more lobbed passes but at the same time create more turnovers. Hopefully we'll yield more turnovers on defense than TDs.