I'm thinking NFC West overhyped...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dick84

It's been the conventional wisdom that the NFC West was going to be the toughest division in the NFL this season and I'm beginning to think that's one of those big assumptions to start a season that proves out wrong.

Seattle... will be beastly. I just don't see anyway they take a step back, barring an injury to Russell Wilson.

San Francisco.. are they still good? Trouble on the offensive line.. and that defense is *not* the same. The fighting between Harbaugh and the front office is the kind of stuff that starts to poison a roster.

Cardinals... Lost two middle linebackers and their second best defensive lineman. That's gotta hurt.

The Rams lost Sam Bradford.. but, I actually think they're in a great position to leapfrog SF and AZ.... maybe a 10-6 record. Young, developing defense and the potential for a really good run game and some potentially greatly improved targets (Britt, Quick.. eventually Bailey) in the pass game.

"Potential" is, of course, a dirty word. We'll see if they can live up to it.

But.. .to my original point... I don't think the division will be looked at as the toughest in the NFL when the season ends. Gut feeling.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All the teams of the West are physical teams., three of the four teams rely on power running as their bread and butter which if effective, will grind an opposing defense into the ground. I am thinking the Hawks are still weak on the road. I expect a win in week 7..
But overall, I think our teams match up well with any other team in the NFC....Except maybe the Packers

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It is this year but only because of the terror it wreaked last year. That's how it goes...

jjab360

Legend
Maybe a little bit right now, but only because SF and Arizona took some pretty big hits in the offseason and Seattle is bound to run into that Superbowl slump.

Dick84

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
AZs DBs are really good... if teams can run on them and if they can't generate a pass rush...

SF was manhandled by the Chargers 1st unit D. Iupati got destroyed repeatedly by Luiget.. they just look completely off on offense. Maybe it's just preseason blues.

Sorry... Hawks don't look weak in any area to me.