I'm Stacking My Board and....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have noticed two glaring points so far:
1) At QB, after Winston, and Mariota the drop of is HUGE. They may go in the 1st round, but I don't think another QB will go until the late 3rd early 4th round at best.
2) In looking at the Top 5, so called 'Edge-rushers'. ( On Mayocks list, and others) they all look like OLB's to me. Size wise, IMHO, none of them will cut it at DE.

THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION, and I'd like some feed back.

I Plan on Posting My Own "Top 10's", for fun, soon!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I have noticed two glaring points so far:
1) At QB, after Winston, and Mariota the drop of is HUGE. They may go in the 1st round, but I don't think another QB will go until the late 3rd early 4th round at best.
2) In looking at the Top 5, so called 'Edge-rushers'. ( On Mayocks list, and others) they all look like OLB's to me. Size wise, IMHO, none of them will cut it at DE.

THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION, and I'd like some feed back.

I Plan on Posting My Own "Top 10's", for fun, soon!
The ESPN, and NFLN'ers seem to think that this is a special group of edge rushers. I, like you, think most of them are undersized, or underweight. I like Gregory's potential, but Erik Flowers dominated him in their game this year, although they tend to show the one clip that Flowers tripped over his own man. Fowler, a LDE? And the rest are great athlete's whi all seem to fit the 3-4 role, rush LB role.

As far as QB's, I think there will be at least one other picked in the 1st, and 2 or 3 could easily go in the 2nd. That's not an indicator of talent, but of the importance and need of the position in the NFL.

I think the draft is deepest at WR, RB, G, and DT. It's weakest at QB, TE, and S.

Those are my opinions.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
My Rams Draft Board (as of 3/19/2015)

1. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
2. Leonard Williams, DL, USC
3. Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
4. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
5. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
6. Dante Fowler, DE/LB, Florida
7. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
8. Vic Beasley, DE/LB Clemson
9. Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
10. Danny Shelton, NG, Washington

RamBill

Legend
The QB's will end up going higher than you think.....they always do. The need for them is just too great. Phil Savage from yesterday:

Phil Savage @SeniorBowlPhil
Two months ago, people had Mariota going #2 and Petty in 3rd/4th rd. Slowly squeezing closer together now...MM top 12, BP end 1, early 2.

Also, La Canfora had an article today about how the QB's will go 1-2, with up to 5 teams trying to get into the #2 spot.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree with the edge rushers being small. Good news for all the 3/4 teams I guess.
I agree with RamBill....need will trump skill set and QBs will go earlier than they should. I hope they fall for the Rams sake.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My Rams Draft Board (as of 3/19/2015)

1. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
2. Leonard Williams, DL, USC
3. Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
4. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
5. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
6. Dante Fowler, DE/LB, Florida
7. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
8. Vic Beasley, DE/LB Clemson
9. Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
10. Danny Shelton, NG, Washington
? No O-line Help!? Why not?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with the edge rushers being small. Good news for all the 3/4 teams I guess.

Good news for the Rams too - I don't want them to take an edge rusher high, and there won't be the temptation if they're too small for the Rams' system. Maybe one will fall to the Rams that a mid first round team loves, and the Rams will get a good trade offer, so they can get an OL at the right value spot and have another pick for another good player.