I'm really liking our CB depth

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I believe it was John Madden who once said "you can never have too many CBs." In today's pass happy league, that is even more true than when Madden (yes, kids... he was a coach and a commentator before he was the namesake of a video game!) conveyed this wisdom.

With that in mind, I just wanted to type this out and look at it:

Jalen Ramsey
Troy Hill
David Long, Jr.
Robert Rochell
Decobie Durant
Derion Kendrick

I like that.

You start, of course, with Ramsey, who is a Top 3 player at the position. Then you have a couple of veterans in Hill and Long who, though not world-beaters, have a great deal of experience in the Rams' system. Add Rochell, who probably has the best measurables of any player on the list other than Ramsey (and seems to be coming along). Then round it out with two feisty rookies who have looked good in preseason.

I'm not even certain of the depth chart at this point, and I'm certainly not certain how it will evolve over the season. What I am, though, is confident that this group can play at a high level and be part of what I think is going to be an excellent defense this year.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I believe it was John Madden who once said "you can never have too many CBs." In today's pass happy league, that is even more true than when Madden (yes, kids... he was a coach and a commentator before he was the namesake of a video game!) conveyed this wisdom.

Jalen Ramsey
Troy Hill
David Long, Jr.
Robert Rochell
Decobie Durant
Derion Kendrick

I like that.

You start, of course, with Ramsey, who is a Top 3 player at the position. Then you have a couple of veterans in Hill and Long who, though not world-beaters, have a great deal of experience in the Rams' system. Add Rochell, who probably has the best measurables of any player on the list other than Ramsey (and seems to be coming along). Then round it out with two feisty rookies who have looked good in preseason.

I'm not even certain of the depth chart at this point, and I'm certainly not certain how it will evolve over the season. What I am, though, is confident that this group can play at a high level and be part of what I think is going to be an excellent defense this year.

Seems to me it has all the makings of our most improved team unit overall, tough battle with ILB for the title ...

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Long has shown very little in three years. He’s playing for a contract, so this year will be telling. Hoping he steps up.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would not expect Long to be a starter. Still, he's had his moments, and if he needs to play, he can hold down the fort.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame

Jalen Ramsey
Troy Hill
David Long, Jr.
Robert Rochell
Decobie Durant
Derion Kendrick

I like that.

Top 3 at the position ? Don't you mean numero uno?

one-number-one.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - by all accounts, this looks to be a pretty stellar group. :hope:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Depth is great. Agreed on that. At least 6 quality CB's.

For me, the big question is which guy is gonna step up and command that #2 CB spot opposite Ramsey. Right now it looks like Long, with Rochell not far behind.

(BTW, I think Troy Hill "usually" plays slot corner, and not outside... right?)