I'm on day 26 of a Water Fast, and I've lost 45 pounds!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
In life there is one simple truth that stands above all others: All things in moderation.

Just about anything in this world that is a normal course of life will harm or kill you when taken beyond moderation.

Over consumption of water can harm and kill you. That's a fact.

Sex, lack of sex, food, starvation, comfort, work, wealth, poverty, empathy, lack of empathy, heat, cold, trust, distrust, it makes no difference. If you are extreme, it will harm you.

That is all I have to say about that,

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you salting regularly? Not the NaCl they sell you, but real salt?

Also, are you filtering your water of flouride & chloramine, otherwise, you're not doing your thyroid any favors?

I end my fast Saturday at day 44. I am salting with the real thing. I've even done to sea salt flushes. I'm drinking water devoid of fluoride and chloramine. Wow Stranger...You're very knowledgeable...What is your background? I admit just a week before my fast I didn't have any real salt. So the fast has taught me about salt and such.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
In life there is one simple truth that stands above all others: All things in moderation.

Just about anything in this world that is a normal course of life will harm or kill you when taken beyond moderation.

Over consumption of water can harm and kill you. That's a fact.

Sex, lack of sex, food, starvation, comfort, work, wealth, poverty, empathy, lack of empathy, heat, cold, trust, distrust, it makes no difference. If you are extreme, it will harm you.

That is all I have to say about that,

I agree. I will take the middle path of moderation from here on out, but I've lost 59 pounds in 42 days, so it was worth it. I'm studying moderation now. I'm thinking our Western modern world is not a good example of moderation. I'm thinking I want something that rhymes with my primitive self, as far as moderation goes.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I end my fast Saturday at day 44. I am salting with the real thing. I've even done to sea salt flushes. I'm drinking water devoid of fluoride and chloramine. Wow Stranger...You're very knowledgeable...What is your background? I admit just a week before my fast I didn't have any real salt. So the fast has taught me about salt and such.
yeah, l'm a rocket scientist, and we tend to research the heck out of everything.

glad to hear ur R.O.'ing ur water. which unprocessed salt are u using?

probably the biggest & best thing ur doing is allowing ur digestive lining to heal. now, move on to bone broth and healthy proteins. keep yeast and carb min'd. Also, u'll need to purge all of the halides from ur thyroid if u want ur metabolism to stay up... time for iodine mega dosing... it'll also keep ur cholesterol down as u increase ur intake of animal fats.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
yeah, l'm a rocket scientist, and we tend to research the heck out of everything.

glad to hear ur R.O.'ing ur water. which unprocessed salt are u using?

probably the biggest & best thing ur doing is allowing ur digestive lining to heal. now, move on to bone broth and healthy proteins. keep yeast and carb min'd. Also, u'll need to purge all of the halides from ur thyroid if u want ur metabolism to stay up... time for iodine mega dosing... it'll also keep ur cholesterol down as u increase ur intake of animal fats.

That is so cool. You're an autodidact. I got a 26 oz bag of Real Sea Salt. That's what it's called... Real Salt. Once I break my fast, I'm going to eat a bunch of dry seaweed snacks. In addition, I'm going to eat low mercury fatty fish like salmon. ( Is there such a thing anymore?) I love raw salmon. I can't wait to eat salmon and tuna sashimi. I plan to stay far away from grains.

My diet will look a lot like a Caveman diet. Nuts, eggs, meat, fish, poultry, leafy green veggies, tubers. fruit ( mainly berries), tomatoes, and bananas. I'm still not sure about skim milk. I love skim milk. My wife won't eat cheese or any dairy product but cream in her coffee. I don't drink much coffee, but when I do I drink it black. And I'm quitting alcohol. Alcohol ceased being a positive experience in my life about 4 years ago, so out it goes. I plan to eat ginger.

I will continue to fast a few times a month 1-4 days. ( I really like fasting). And once a year I will fast 7-10 days. I also plan to feast. I figure primitive man would thru periods of famine ( which why we carry fat) alternating with periods feasting.

I never was fat before, but I let a divorce give me an excuse to get fat. I'm not fat anymore. 60 pounds lost in 6 weeks. The Great Muffin in the Sky sent me a miracle. I won't waste it. No more excuses. I'm so thankful I found my Will Power Muse again.

May I share a short but powerful poem Stranger, which encapsulates the emotions I felt before my fast and the way I feel now. Barry Spacks wrote...

An Emblem of Two Foxes

Simply to breathe
can make him bleed,
the fox whose leg
awaits the kill.
Why should he flail?
Moving hurts,
so he lies still.

Around him walks
a prouder fox,
his severed leg
a homily
on going free
as if to say
it hurts, it hurts
either way.

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Just some quick comments...

SALT - best versions are Himalayian Pink Salt or Celtic Sea Salt. They contain ALL 42 salts in their most nutritous proportions.

Meat - eat plenty of red meat, chicken, pork, lamb, whatever. Just make sure it's not Soy fed. Butchers will say the meat is "organic" which is code for soy fed. Unless you live near farms, getting grass fed animals is hard, so they are supplemented with corn feed. Corn his high energy, isn't great for your digestive system, and doesn't pass as many nutrients from the soil to the animal as grass. So, if you can, stay away from corn & soy fed animal proteins, but you'll need to find a farmer that actually knows what he is doing.

Nuts - "Raw" doesn't mean raw. The food industry got ahold of the politicians and now "raw" means pastuerized. This means that they cook the crap out of the nuts and kill all the nutritous value. You want to find unpastuerized nuts. Problem is, the politiicans in most states have made them illegal. The food industry are nazis.

Eggs - again, you want hens fed only grass and bugs, that'll give you eggs with the highest protein and lowest cholesterol. Problem - most farmers feed their hens soy feeds, which raises production but produces crappy eggs that destroy your thyroid.

Dairy - no more "skim" anything. Fat is where the nutrients live. Somehow, the public has been stupid enough, including me for many yrs, to buy into the BS. You want full fat yogurt, cheese, milk, etc. Guess what, it's very hard to find full fat dairy in stores. But again, you want to stay away from soy & corn fed cows, and you also want to try and find unpasteurized milk. Again, they kill all the nutrients when they boil the stuff, changing it from an extremely healthy food to one that actually damages your digestive system.

My 2-kids, wife and I all follow the rules above - for example, we go thru gallons of unpastuerized milk per week and ton's of grass-fed butter. We're all super healthy, and our kids are both 90-percentile energy machines. It's not so much what you eat, but how the food was produced that matters. Just about everything we've been told about health from the mainstream industry results in diseased humans. Good luck, sounds like you're on the right path.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey

SALT - best versions are Himalayian Pink Salt or Celtic Sea Salt. They contain ALL 42 salts in their most nutritous proportions.

Meat - eat plenty of red meat, chicken, pork, lamb, whatever. Just make sure it's not Soy fed. Butchers will say the meat is "organic" which is code for soy fed. Unless you live near farms, getting grass fed animals is hard, so they are supplemented with corn feed. Corn his high energy, isn't great for your digestive system, and doesn't pass as many nutrients from the soil to the animal as grass. So, if you can, stay away from corn & soy fed animal proteins, but you'll need to find a farmer that actually knows what he is doing.

Nuts - "Raw" doesn't mean raw. The food industry got ahold of the politicians and now "raw" means pastuerized. This means that they cook the crap out of the nuts and kill all the nutritous value. You want to find unpastuerized nuts. Problem is, the politiicans in most states have made them illegal. The food industry are nazis.

Eggs - again, you want hens fed only grass and bugs, that'll give you eggs with the highest protein and lowest cholesterol. Problem - most farmers feed their hens soy feeds, which raises production but produces crappy eggs that destroy your thyroid.

Dairy - no more "skim" anything. Fat is where the nutrients live. Somehow, the public has been stupid enough, including me for many yrs, to buy into the BS. You want full fat yogurt, cheese, milk, etc. Guess what, it's very hard to find full fat dairy in stores. But again, you want to stay away from soy & corn fed cows, and you also want to try and find unpasteurized milk. Again, they kill all the nutrients when they boil the stuff, changing it from an extremely healthy food to one that actually damages your digestive system.

My 2-kids, wife and I all follow the rules above - for example, we go thru gallons of unpastuerized milk per week and ton's of grass-fed butter. We're all super healthy, and our kids are both 90-percentile energy machines. It's not so much what you eat, but how the food was produced that matters. Just about everything we've been told about health from the mainstream industry results in diseased humans. Good luck, sounds like you're on the right path.

I researched it, and the salts you speak of are the best, and I know I where can get them. I just like the taste of skim milk, but I'm thinking of cutting it out of my diet, because I agree with you that fat is where the nutrients are. And I dislike soy. Actually I hate soy. One of Soy's benefits is it causes breast cancer. They don't put that on the label.

How did you find a farmer to sell you meat Stranger? I'll start looking. Nuts. Maybe I could buy unpasteurized nuts over the internet?

Eggs. I figure I can find a local farmer who sells grass and bug eating chicken and the eggs they lay.

I agree the food industry is a corrupt bunch bent on selling us poison. You're a very knowledgeable man Stranger.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Great job Ramsey.
Most people couldn't have accomplished what you just did.
Including myself.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I researched it, and the salts you speak of are the best, and I know I where can get them. I just like the taste of skim milk, but I'm thinking of cutting it out of my diet, because I agree with you that fat is where the nutrients are. And I dislike soy. Actually I hate soy. One of Soy's benefits is it causes breast cancer. They don't put that on the label.

How did you find a farmer to sell you meat Stranger? I'll start looking. Nuts. Maybe I could buy unpasteurized nuts over the internet?

Eggs. I figure I can find a local farmer who sells grass and bug eating chicken and the eggs they lay.

I agree the food industry is a corrupt bunch bent on selling us poison. You're a very knowledgeable man Stranger.
soy creates cancer by increasing your estrogen levels, which blocks the hormones produced by your thyroid (ie. thyrosine uptake), which wreaks havoc with every other organ in your body. Same with high cholesterol, which is perfectly under control in humans with normally operating thyroids and estrogen levels. The healthy diet marketed by industry is a cocktail for total human body dysfunction, and the cures proposed just complicate matters.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
soy creates cancer by increasing your estrogen levels, which blocks the hormones produced by your thyroid (ie. thyrosine uptake), which wreaks havoc with every other organ in your body. Same with high cholesterol, which is perfectly under control in humans with normally operating thyroids and estrogen levels. The healthy diet marketed by industry is a cocktail for total human body dysfunction, and the cures proposed just complicate matters.

Hey Stranger! Thanks for the tips. Today I buy 10 pounds of unpasteurized nuts from a Nut Company here in town. Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds, Pine nuts, and Pistachios. I'm excited and my wife is excited. She loves delving into new recipes. Thanks for the info, and anytime you have more healthy tips, feel free to pass them on. I'm all ears. Oh, Let's not forget. May the Rams crush the Vikings Sunday!!! Yeah!!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
soak the almonds overnight, drain the water, then put in a blender with fresh filtered water - voila, great tasting and healthy almond milk. you have to soak them and drain the water to extract the nasty stuff (forget chemical name) that damages your digestive system.

fearsomefour

Legend

Great info Stranger.
In picking out a trainer for my son for this past summer (he is a college athlete and finally decided to get serious about conditioning) one of the first things he spoke about was nutrition.
He echoed exactly what you said about nuts, milk and butter. I went back to butter and whole milk awhile ago. We have been sold a bill of good regarding fat in our diet.
Have taken to growing a fair share of my own vegetables (mostly for home made veggie juice) Types or origins of seeds should not matter, correct?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Great info Stranger.
In picking out a trainer for my son for this past summer (he is a college athlete and finally decided to get serious about conditioning) one of the first things he spoke about was nutrition.
He echoed exactly what you said about nuts, milk and butter. I went back to butter and whole milk awhile ago. We have been sold a bill of good regarding fat in our diet.
Have taken to growing a fair share of my own vegetables (mostly for home made veggie juice) Types or origins of seeds should not matter, correct?
Are you able to get unpasteurized dairy.... it's really worth the effort. Paturization breaks apart the molecules which the body can't recognize, causing an auto-imune response. FYI, if you're kid has allergies they'll go away when he starts consuming raw dairy rather than pasturized, as his body won't produce so much histomine in response to the unrecognized molecular fragments in the pasturized (boiled) dairy. The pasturized products can also contribute to GAPs, which is a situation where the digestive lining develops molecular holes that inhibit it's ability to keep improperperly digested intake from entering the blood system

Seeds shouldn't be an issue as long as they aren't irradiated, pasturized or chemically sprayed. Just try to get them from a location with fertilie ground, in order to obtain better nutrients.

fearsomefour

Legend
Are you able to get unpasteurized dairy.... it's really worth the effort. Paturization breaks apart the molecules which the body can't recognize, causing an auto-imune response. FYI, if you're kid has allergies they'll go away when he starts consuming raw dairy rather than pasturized, as his body won't produce so much histomine in response to the unrecognized molecular fragments in the pasturized (boiled) dairy. The pasturized products can also contribute to GAPs, which is a situation where the digestive lining develops molecular holes that inhibit it's ability to keep improperperly digested intake from entering the blood system

Seeds shouldn't be an issue as long as they aren't irradiated, pasturized or chemically sprayed. Just try to get them from a location with fertilie ground, in order to obtain better nutrients.
Cool, thanks again.
How do you deal with the possible health risks with un pasturized dairy?
I couldn't find it anywhere here. I was told several times it was illegal in the state where I live.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Cool, thanks again.
How do you deal with the possible health risks with un pasturized dairy?
I couldn't find it anywhere here. I was told several times it was illegal in the state where I live.
I actuallly drove to the dairy and visited it for half-a-day, saw they cows, their pasture, their milking operations, and sampled all of their products. The place is incredibly clean.

They really only intro'd pasteurization so that the big processors could assimilate milk from any number of farms without really having to worry about it. Allowed them to increase volumes, make greater revenues, and increase their power over farmers. The problem is that took one of the most nutrient-dense foods and have now made it into a pathogen in the process. Then they got into the pockets of the politicians who passed laws to make it illegal to sell unpasturized milk, thereby securiing their market dominance.

Farmers can usually legally sell it to you if you buy it only on their farm. I'm not sure what state you're in, but I bet you you can find a farmer if you start circulating the local farmer's markets.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
By the way, once you convert to unpasturized dairy, you'll never ever go back. I drink almost a gallon a week, just by myself.