I'm Now Glad Kurt & the Cards Didn't win the SB.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me selfish and you might be right, but the celebration of Kurt Warner's career would be defined by a Arizona Cardinal Super Bowl win more than Super Bowl 34 was.

Kurt and Marshall were the heart and soul of the Greatest Show and I don't want that stage shared with the freakin Cardinals. I wonder if the choice of Brenda Warner as his presenter was his way of not choosing between the two teams? I think Vermeil should be his presenter because of the chance he gave Kurt in the NFL. You might think he had no choice, and you'd be wrong. Vermeil could easily have gotten a retread QB instead of going with the Arena football guy. YES the Ram's got rid of Warner, which Martz regrets to this day, but didn't the Cowboys get rid of Emmitt Smith and that relationship was healed and he retired as a Cowboy?

Anyway, I rooted hard for Kurt and the Cards that Super Bowl their defense lost for them, but now I'm so glad they did lose. Aside from Kurt, just being able to slam Cardinal fans who get upitty is worth the loss!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's easy to piss off Cardinal fans. They always talk about Kurt loving them more than us. I just point out they can have his affection we'll keep that Lombardi Trophy he won for us.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Call me selfish and you might be right, but the celebration of Kurt Warner's career would be defined by a Arizona Cardinal Super Bowl win more than Super Bowl 34 was.

Kurt and Marshall were the heart and soul of the Greatest Show and I don't want that stage shared with the freakin Cardinals. I wonder if the choice of Brenda Warner as his presenter was his way of not choosing between the two teams? I think Vermeil should be his presenter because of the chance he gave Kurt in the NFL. You might think he had no choice, and you'd be wrong. Vermeil could easily have gotten a retread QB instead of going with the Arena football guy. YES the Ram's got rid of Warner, which Martz regrets to this day, but didn't the Cowboys get rid of Emmitt Smith and that relationship was healed and he retired as a Cowboy?

Anyway, I rooted hard for Kurt and the Cards that Super Bowl their defense lost for them, but now I'm so glad they did lose. Aside from Kurt, just being able to slam Cardinal fans who get upitty is worth the loss!
Selfishly agree 100%.(y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kurt left St. Louis on bad terms....I know I was pissed....then watching Bulger disintegrate hurt worse...

Ramzheart

Rookie
I just wonder how things would have turned out had Kurt stayed a Ram? Things quickly fell apart and Bulger was lucky to get out alive! As good of a coordinator as Martz was, I think him becoming are head coach was one of our main down falls. We needed to either talk Vermeil into staying or to hire a coach that would keep Martz under control.

I hate to say it but I dont think Kurt would have been here had he stayed a Ram, wish I was wrong.

However, maybe if Vermeil would have stayed, he would have kept Warner and we would have had a few more Super Bowl wins under our belt...

2000 we lost to the Saints in the Wildcard 31-28.

2001 we all know how that went down in Super Bowl XXXV1 verses the Cheatroits! 20-17

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not me. Steelers all the way that year (and any other time they were in the SB recently).

Couldn't imagine a Rams fan ROOTING for a division rival, even if that rival is respectable.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Not selfish, but the whole thing seems kinda petty. It's a game fellas.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's easy to tick off Cardinal fans. They always talk about Kurt loving them more than us. I just point out they can have his affection we'll keep that Lombardi Trophy he won for us.
I would like to get some input from @Mojo Ram on this subject, because he lives in Arizona, I think we need to hear from him!!:mrburnsevil:

bnw

Pro Bowler
Kurt left St. Louis on bad terms....I know I was ticked....then watching Bulger disintegrate hurt worse...
Bulger went a few years before the O line couldn't be relied upon. In those seasons with a decent O line Bulger did fine. KW wouldn't have done any better with that O line.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I think you are right people would hold that victory in higher esteem, and in large part because he literally carried them there. That was the best playoff run in the history of the NFL. I'll never forget the pregame show when Bradshaw picked the Cardinals against his very own Steelers and he said "I'm not betting against Kurt Warner anymore".

It would be the crown jewel of his career in most peoples eyes.

Kurt left St. Louis on bad terms....I know I was ticked....then watching Bulger disintegrate hurt worse...

I was pissed too and Bulger was a decent QB but lets face it Warner was special and it was a mistake to cut him.

Couldn't imagine a Rams fan ROOTING for a division rival, even if that rival is respectable.

I was rooting for the person not the team, I wanted Warner to get that win badly.

bnw

Pro Bowler
I just wonder how things would have turned out had Kurt stayed a Ram? Things quickly fell apart and Bulger was lucky to get out alive! As good of a coordinator as Martz was, I think him becoming are head coach was one of our main down falls. We needed to either talk Vermeil into staying or to hire a coach that would keep Martz under control.

I hate to say it but I dont think Kurt would have been here had he stayed a Ram, wish I was wrong.

However, maybe if Vermeil would have stayed, he would have kept Warner and we would have had a few more Super Bowl wins under our belt...

2000 we lost to the Saints in the Wildcard 31-28.

2001 we all know how that went down in Super Bowl XXXV1 verses the Cheatroits! 20-17
KW was injured for years with that thumb. It wasn't until he got ample bench time in AZ and discovered a glove that he was the player he was in St. Louis from '99-'01. The GSOT was Martz not Vermeil. DV had the sense to let Martz do his thing. DV then did his best to replicate that in Kansas City. There was no way the Rams were going to risk Martz leaving. The Rams were also too cheap to pay Martz what he would command on the open market and to continue to pay DV as head coach. Of course that would be predicated upon Martz agreeing to the money but not being the HC for another season. DV could have been allowed to leave gracefully sparing Rams fans the kick in the gut when he immediately went to the Chiefs. At least the Rams got the draft compensation from KC......which I assume was squandered anyway.

bnw

Pro Bowler
Not me. Steelers all the way that year (and any other time they were in the SB recently).

I usually cheer for the NFC unless it is a division rival then I want their fans to suffer terribly. I was conflicted with AZ in the SB since I like KW as a person and role model and am so appreciative of his time on the Rams that I wanted him to do well......but it again came down to his throwing the INT and of course the officiating in favor of the Stealers. Now as for the 49ers and Seahawks losing those were grand times. The Seahawks latest loss was most delicious as it highlighted the stupidity and arrogance of that franchise and fan base. Even though the Cheatriots benefitted from that play I never tire of watching it knowing how that will sting forever. So scrumptious.

Sour grapes? Sure. If not for sour grapes as a Rams fan I would have starved years ago.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brenda Warner is on NFLN right now and I am horrified....I don't hate the woman, but she has this serious mohawk going on with stubbles where it's supposed to be shaved...She can be a handsome woman, but wtf?

nighttrain

Legend
Brenda Warner is on NFLN right now and I am horrified....I don't hate the woman, but she has this serious mohawk going on with stubbles where it's supposed to be shaved...She can be a handsome woman, but wtf?
Oh my, poor Kurt!!!!!!!
train

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Kurt Warner is not only my favorite Ram of all time, but the epitome of a man, professional, and overall genuine human being. I rooted for him when he was a part of my Rams, I rooted for him when he was in the Superbowl with the Cardinals, and I'll root for him in the future.

I mean, it's not like he was a Patriot or Seahawk...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kurt Warner is not only my favorite Ram of all time, but the epitome of a man, professional, and overall genuine human being. I rooted for him when he was a part of my Rams, I rooted for him when he was in the Superbowl with the Cardinals, and I'll root for him in the future.

I mean, it's not like he was a Patriot or Seahawk...
Wut?
~Danny Amendola

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This thread hurts to read. That was such an amazing team. SUCH and amazing team. Should have 3+ Lombardi's in the case.........