I'm not the only one!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
People that predicted 3 wins were the pessimists.
6 wins were the realists.
8 wins were the optimists.
10 wins were the Kool aid drinkers.
I guess the Kool aid drinkers were right this time.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
OP created this thread solely for attention. He's getting it. Damn, I just bump this thread didn't I....

Havenstein for Prez '24!!!!!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
OP created this thread solely for attention. He's getting it. Damn, I just bump this thread didn't I....

Havenstein for Prez '24!!!!!
'Cause he... is OND
Nobody else here, no one like he
He's special (special)
So special (special)
He's gotta have some of our, attention, give it to him...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I’m almost always a Kool-aide Ram Fan.The season though was really crazy.

Cam Akers & Van Jefferson getting traded away early in the season really was a Big Surprise.

OND was saying how Kyren Williams was not a #1 RB & didn’t have any breakaway speed Ect.Ect.

Like OND thought Dotson was going to be The 3rd Best rated OG in The NFL ?

Then The Raheem Morris HATE ? I sort of saw him getting a HC job,but The Rams defense really helped that.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I personally don't believe in predicting wins and losses... too many variables like injuries, etc. My hope was that the Rams simply got better as the year went on... which they did. 7 and 1 to end the season and the playoffs. But I don't think anyone predicted that their draft would have produced so many great players.
Completely true. Many said, "tough start but if the D can improve could be a nice finish". I think most were hoping for 9 wins but expecting less.

As far as predicting wins....every year some fans go over the schedule and assign an "L" or "W" to each game. Rarely accurate. Some fans point to a couple of teams and say "should be a win" or "that's a loss" and they're nothing like that. There's always a couple of teams not as good or bad as predicted. Hell the Rams are in that group this year.

I live in the optimistic realm. I can't see the point of pessimism.

"This is what I don't want to happen and I fear it will. So I'll spend the season worrying or complaining and in the end, will still be disappointed if it happens."
Or "I fear we won't be good so in the end I will be pleasantly surprised, despite spending the season in pain".

I'd much rather look at things through an optimistic prism and spend the season hoping things work out. In the end, I could be disappointed but will have enjoyed the ride.

Different strokes.

Are we here to drink pinot grigio, watch football or predict things hoping we can point to at in the end and say, "I was right!!!!"?
It's in the way that you use it....nobody's right till somebody's wrong.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I live in the optimistic realm. (Don't forget about those that live in the world of ... ) I can't see the point of pessimism.

Realism

Just suggesting it's not always one extreme or the other.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Realism

Just suggesting it's not always one extreme or the other.
You're right. Realism. Reality is this was a 10 win team. I suppose I would pigeon hole my fandom as realism with an optimistic lean. Or optimistic with a lean towards realism. Are they different?

I was hoping for good things...10 wins and a chance at the postseason....didn't believe they'd get to 11. Didn't think we'd win just 6. Realistically expected between 7 and 9.

I guess for me, I wonder, what's the point of being a fan? To worry about things you can't control or to root for the best? In the end, I could give a rat's ass about being right.....except for "it's a good time to be a Rams fan". Like I said, different strokes.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I guess for me, I wonder, what's the point of being a fan?
To worry about things you can't control or to root for the best?

This is getting a little too philosophical for me, so I will bow-out after this post.

I see lots of reasons to being a fan of a sports team.

I also see a lot of middle ground in the concepts and areas you have raised.

However, like you posted above ... "Different Strokes" ... I agree completely.
Unless, you were talking about the TV Show Different Strokes ... then I strongly disagree ... that show sucked!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Completely true. Many said, "tough start but if the D can improve could be a nice finish". I think most were hoping for 9 wins but expecting less.

As far as predicting wins....every year some fans go over the schedule and assign an "L" or "W" to each game. Rarely accurate. Some fans point to a couple of teams and say "should be a win" or "that's a loss" and they're nothing like that. There's always a couple of teams not as good or bad as predicted. Hell the Rams are in that group this year.

I live in the optimistic realm. I can't see the point of pessimism.

"This is what I don't want to happen and I fear it will. So I'll spend the season worrying or complaining and in the end, will still be disappointed if it happens."
Or "I fear we won't be good so in the end I will be pleasantly surprised, despite spending the season in pain".

I'd much rather look at things through an optimistic prism and spend the season hoping things work out. In the end, I could be disappointed but will have enjoyed the ride.

Different strokes.

Are we here to drink pinot grigio, watch football or predict things hoping we can point to at in the end and say, "I was right!!!!"?
It's in the way that you use it....nobody's right till somebody's wrong.
Before the regular season, we have at least one fun thread where everyone predicts how well the Rams will do in the upcoming season. Many on this board participate in the thread because it's fun.

Threads like this are the bookend of the prediction thread. I thought we'd have a really good offense and a suspect defense. Besides Stafford and Kupp, I was hyped about Avila and Puka. Ifelt Avila was a can't miss, great Olineman who would strengthen the play of those around him. As for Puka, there was something special about him that most of us saw early on. I felt that sweeping the Cards and the Hawks was likely and it was possible to split with Frisco. That's 4-5 wins right there and with our offense, we would always be in games until the very end. I felt we could get 5 wins out of the other 11 games. Aside from the divisional predictions, I didn't know who we would beat in individual games, but felt we could be .500 in those games. I could have been wrong but wasn't this year! Lets hear it for the Kool Aid drinkers like @Merlin and myself!

IE, posts like this are just for fun in the slow offseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Victory laps are boring. On the occasions one gets it right the proper response is to make more predictions. :laugh3:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Victory laps are boring. On the occasions one gets it right the proper response is to make more predictions. :laugh3:
Reminds me of the old adage,
When you think you’re great, you tell the world
When the world thinks your great, they tell you

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Watched the Good Morning Football show on NFL site. 4 hosts picked the top 5 teams they thought had the best chance of winning the Superbowl next year. 2 of the 4 had the Rams in their picks. One guy had them 3rd. The other had them 5th. They all had the Chiefs at number one.

Funny how different the offseason narrative becomes when you make the playoffs. I remember after the 2019 season it was all gloom and doom for our team from these pundits. The thing is, if Greg Zuerline makes that 44 yard field goal in Seattle the Rams woulda been 10-6 and in the playoffs that year. Which would have changed the offseason narrative completely.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Watched the Good Morning Football show on NFL site. 4 hosts picked the top 5 teams they thought had the best chance of winning the Superbowl next year. 2 of the 4 had the Rams in their picks. One guy had them 3rd. The other had them 5th. They all had the Chiefs at number one.

Funny how different the offseason narrative becomes when you make the playoffs. I remember after the 2019 season it was all gloom and doom for our team from these pundits. The thing is, if Greg Zuerline makes that 44 yard field goal in Seattle the Rams woulda been 10-6 and in the playoffs that year. Which would have changed the offseason narrative completely.
.....or, if the defense doesn't allow a 91 yard TD drive to SF on their next to last possession or on their very last possession, two 3rd and 16 conversions.....18 yards to Kendrick Bourne from the SF 19 and 46 yards to Emanuel Sanders from the SF 31....before kicking the GWFG, we may win that game and end up 10-6. We had 2 winnable games that season when winning either one would have put us in the postseason. But that's water under the bridge.

As far as next year's outlook, I don't need pundits to convince me we should have a damn good year. It's the Snead/McVay formula. Win, win and win some more. We have a very young roster and a considerable amount of talent at key positions. We need to nail the OL and OLB positions and I'll take whatever that gets us. I'm not so sure our current CB depth can't play well.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
This is getting a little too philosophical for me, so I will bow-out after this post.

I see lots of reasons to being a fan of a sports team.

I also see a lot of middle ground in the concepts and areas you have raised.

However, like you posted above ... "Different Strokes" ... I agree completely.
Unless, you were talking about the TV Show Different Strokes ... then I strongly disagree ... that show sucked!
I was talking about different strokes for different folks, not the TV show.

I see one reason. Enjoyment. Unless you're a masochist.....in other words, a Jet fan.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let’s get on track everyone. You all know what I’m talking about. We’re pals here.

The topic is:

CBS Sports expects Rams to take a major leap forward in 2024​

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let’s get on track everyone. You all know what I’m talking about. We’re pals here.

The topic is:

CBS Sports expects Rams to take a major leap forward in 2024​

Might want to edit the title of thread then, because that’s the object of discussion in this thread.
Just my .02 of course

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
.....or, if the defense doesn't allow a 91 yard TD drive to SF on their next to last possession or on their very last possession, two 3rd and 16 conversions.....18 yards to Kendrick Bourne from the SF 19 and 46 yards to Emanuel Sanders from the SF 31....before kicking the GWFG, we may win that game and end up 10-6. We had 2 winnable games that season when winning either one would have put us in the postseason. But that's water under the bridge.

As far as next year's outlook, I don't need pundits to convince me we should have a damn good year. It's the Snead/McVay formula. Win, win and win some more. We have a very young roster and a considerable amount of talent at key positions. We need to nail the OL and OLB positions and I'll take whatever that gets us. I'm not so sure our current CB depth can't play well.
Yeah, its water under the bridge now. But the point I'm trying to make is how narratives are formed. One single missed kick. Or a single 3rd and long failure. And the narrative was gloom and doom because they missed the playoffs. They make the playoffs and all of sudden everything changed. Yet, its still the same team in the offseason whether they made it or not.