I'm not sure Coach Fisher is the answer because...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The problem wasn't the changing of coaches. The problem is the hiring of bad ones in the first place. None of the 4 you mentioned were the answer and the Rams did the right thing firing each and every one of them.
Two of those are Martz and Fisher.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The problem wasn't the changing of coaches. The problem is the hiring of bad ones in the first place. None of the 4 you mentioned were the answer and the Rams did the right thing firing each and every one of them.

Exactly - the problem was the previous management (if it can even be called that).

Snead and Fisher are Kroenke hires - and he (thankfully) understands the shit Fisher inherited, understands what a devastating loss Bradford's getting hurt was, and most importantly, understands it takes 5 years to turn a dumpster fire around.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
He will get another year, probably 2. For some reason, the powers that be look beyond his 20 year record of mediocrity and want to see something that isn't there.

IF Fisher were to get to the playoffs, then we would have to look at his abysmal playoff record as a coach, but let's cross that bridge when/if we get there. I'm sure that is someone else's fault too. Were it not for the "Music City Miracle", Fisher led teams are an absolute disaster when the big lights go on.

V3

Hall of Fame
Exactly - the problem was the previous management (if it can even be called that).

Snead and Fisher are Kroenke hires - and he (thankfully) understands the crap Fisher inherited, understands what a devastating loss Bradford's getting hurt was, and most importantly, understands it takes 5 years to turn a dumpster fire around.
It took 3 years to turn Seattle's dumpster fire around. They had just as much roster turnover as we did.

MrMotes

Starter
It took 3 years to turn Seattle's dumpster fire around. They had just as much roster turnover as we did.

They turned it around in the 3rd year with a rookie starting QB. Arians has had an immediate impact in AZ with 2 10 or better win seasons in a very tough division.

Excuses only get you so far. At some point there has to be results. Looks like that point is going to be 2015...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not as concerned as others are with all the penalties. For me it's still the turnovers that need to be cleaned up on offense...and forced on defense. Although IMO taking care of the ball is far more critical than forcing turnovers.

Top 5 teams in turnover ratio right now are
Green Bay +15
Houston +14
New England +11
Arizona +11
Seattle +9

The bottom five are
Washington -9
Tampa Bay -10
New Orleans -11
NYJ -11
Oakland -14

Rams are at -1 right now. They finished at +8 last season.

MrMotes

Starter
5 most penalized teams this year (penalties per game) are:

Seattle
Buffalo
Denver
Rams
New England

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
5 most penalized teams this year (penalties per game) are:

Seattle
Buffalo
Denver
Rams
New England
So you're saying there's no correlation between penalties and wins?

I agree.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great dialogue here, but I think everyone is missing the point. The Rams are cursed. THAT is the only thing at blame here. We have a good stretch of football once every 20 years or so. We are right on track to be in the SB in 2019.....just 5 looooonnnggg seasons away. Book it.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
So you're saying there's no correlation between penalties and wins?

I agree.

Agreed, I do wonder if there is correlation with types of penalties?

For instance I would guess that Denver and Pats are big on either false starts (due to fast passed O) or holding (to protect the QB)....just guessing though

A55VA6

Legend
Changing coaches every 3 years will get you nowhere.

I think firing Fisher would be a huge mistake, right now. AT LEAST let him finish out his contract (which I believe ends after the 2016 season) and then evaluate Fisher and see if he's the right guy going forward. That's how I'd do it..

MrMotes

Starter
They also got lucky. Tavaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst, etc. were pretty big mistakes and they stumbled upon their savior accidentally.

I don't know if it's luck. They were willing to try different combinations till they found the one that worked. Seattle had multiple coordinators and QB's till they hit on what worked...

V3

Hall of Fame
Changing coaches every 3 years will get you nowhere.

I think firing Fisher would be a huge mistake, right now. AT LEAST let him finish out his contract (which I believe ends after the 2016 season) and then evaluate Fisher and see if he's the right guy going forward. That's how I'd do it..
I don't want them to fire Fisher(at least not yet) but I do want someone higher than Fisher(would that be only Kroenke?) to force him to make some changes similar to how Vermeil was forced to make some changes. That ended up working quite well.

Memphis Ram

Legend
They also got lucky. Tavaris Jackson, Charlie Whitehurst, etc. were pretty big mistakes and they stumbled upon their savior accidentally.

Could be untrue, but from what I read, they actually had targeted Russell about 5-6 months prior to draft day.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
They have a quarterback.
Yes but think. WHY do they have a quarterback? It's because the head coach scouted, drafted and uses Wilson correctly. Fisher wrongly put ALL of his eggs in one basket with Bradford, and lost out big time, with no capable plan B.
So, the seahawks have a QB because they made darn sure to have one. That is ... on the coaching staff / drafters. So it's not an excuse.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, the only coach the Rams should even consider making a move on from Jeff Fisher would be..............wait for it..................Auburn's Gus Malzahn.;)