I'm not sure Coach Fisher is the answer because...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't want them to fire Fisher(at least not yet) but I do want someone higher than Fisher(would that be only Kroenke?) to force him to make some changes similar to how Vermeil was forced to make some changes. That ended up working quite well.
clQd03W.jpg

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Yes but think. WHY do they have a quarterback? It's because the head coach scouted, drafted and uses Wilson correctly. Fisher wrongly put ALL of his eggs in one basket with Bradford, and lost out big time, with no capable plan B.
So, the seahawks have a QB because they made darn sure to have one. That is ... on the coaching staff / drafters. So it's not an excuse.
Nice hindsight.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes but think. WHY do they have a quarterback? It's because the head coach scouted, drafted and uses Wilson correctly. Fisher wrongly put ALL of his eggs in one basket with Bradford, and lost out big time, with no capable plan B.
So, the seahawks have a QB because they made darn sure to have one. That is ... on the coaching staff / drafters. So it's not an excuse.
And if Wilson got his knee blown out, their plan B would be Tavaris Jackson. Do you think that if Wilson was coming into this year with a repaired ACL, that the Seahawks would have drafted a QB high in the draft this past year "just in case?" I don't. They would have done the same thing and brought in an experienced veteran so they wouldn't have to rely only on Tavaris during a worst case scenario.

moklerman

Warner-phile
And if Wilson got his knee blown out, their plan B would be Tavaris Jackson. Do you think that if Wilson was coming into this year with a repaired ACL, that the Seahawks would have drafted a QB high in the draft this past year "just in case?" I don't. They would have done the same thing and brought in an experienced veteran so they wouldn't have to rely only on Tavaris during a worst case scenario.
Exactly. Granted, their "mud on the wall" approach worked out and they now look like savants, but it was pure dumb luck. No way can a team try and take that approach and expect success.

Ryan Mallett, Colt McCoy, Kevin O'Connell, Trent Edwards, Charlie Whitehurst, Brodie Croyle, Charlie Frye, Andrew Walter, David Greene, Matt Schaub, Dave Ragone, Chris Simms, Josh McCown, Giovanni Carmazzi, Chris Redman, Brock Huard, Jonathan Quinn, Brian Griese, Bobby Hoying, Stony Case, Eric Zeier and Bill Joe Hobert, Tom Hodson, Peter Tom Willis & Neil O'Donnell.

Those are all the 3rd round QB's dating back to 1990(other than Foles and Wilson who are still unwritten). The Seahawks just got S-House lucky and I'm still not convinced Wilson will hold up once Skittles breath is gone.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And who did the Rams miss on?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Also, Pete Carroll has admitted he knew f'all about Russell Wilson, and was talked into it. (Kinda like Vermeil was talked into Faulk, btw).

The point is, which I'm getting tired of reiterating, is that the Rams had a showgirl, and dumb and dumber running the Rams for over thirty fucking years, with predictable results, (except for lightning year, which ironically enough came about due to a really good QB going out for the year in preseason with an acl), so quit fucking telling me what fucking geniuses everyone else is when they get lucky, and give the current management, including and especially the coach more than three years to become relevant again, instill an attitude and accountability, and gosh, maybe even get skill players used to playing and practicing with each other, like the teams at the top have been doing for a fucking decade, before you fucking blow it up yet again, and start over yet again so that in two years you can start bitching yet again.

And if you weren't heretofore familiar with run-on sentences, now you are. :huh:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Top 5 teams in turnover ratio right now are(note the bolded teams)
Green Bay +15
Houston +14
New England +11
Arizona +11
Seattle +9

The bottom five are
Washington -9
Tampa Bay -10
New Orleans -11
NYJ -11
Oakland -14

Rams are at -1 right now. They finished at +8 last season.
-------------
Just to expand further....
Whats interesting is look at the top 5 teams in takeaways right now(forced turnovers). Only Dallas is a legit playoff team. Missing are the Green Bays, Seattles, Denvers. New Englands, Arizonas, SF's, Rams etc...
Houston 34
Buffalo 30
Cleveland 29
Atlanta 28
Dallas 27

The bottom five in forcing turnovers: No playoff teams, which isn't a surprise.
Kansas City 10
NYJ 12
Oakland 13
Tennessee 16
New Orleans 16

Then look at which teams are taking care of the ball on offense. With the exception of KC these four teams are the same four teams ranked the highest in terms of overall turnover ratio(posted at the top of this post).
Green Bay 11
Seattle 12
New England 13
Arizona 14
Kansas City 17

The five most careless teams are(no surprises here with the exception of Indy).
Philadelphia 35
Tampa Bay 32
Indianapolis 31
Chicago 29
Oakland 27

So basically having a defense that forces a ton of turnovers doesn't bear out team success(this season based upon numbers alone). Number one priority should be to take care of the football. Picks and forced fumbles are nice, but by my recollection our Rams have literally squandered a few games away by simply being careless with the football. None of this is surprising really...but it is interesting to see the same four playoff teams ranked at the top in both ratio and giveaways.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would imagine that points scored off turnovers is very telling in terms of all the good teams(playoff teams) that don't necessarily force alot of turnovers in general.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I would imagine that points scored off turnovers is very telling in terms of all the good teams(playoff teams) that don't necessarily force alot of turnovers in general.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-net-turnover-points-statistics/2014/

And here three of those four teams appear again. Top five teams in Net points off turnovers:
Green Bay 66
Houston 64 (fuck is wrong with this team?) Lol
New England 58
Miami 37
Seattle 37

Probably not a stretch that one of those teams wins a Super Bowl.

Bottom five in net points off turnovers:
Oakland -77
NYJ -63
Washington -57
Tampa Bay -35
Tennessee -27

Rams are at -13 Net
Rams are top 10(10th in points scored from turnovers)....but we are 5th worst in giving away points directly off turnovers...behind Philly, Tampa, Oakland and Chicago. Horrible.

CLEAN IT UP!!!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
1 year ago I posted the above. What's very sad is it is just as relevant, perhaps even more relevant today. :(

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I have held out a long time hoping Fisher would turn this team around. But this year there are no excuses. It is his team with his players. But in year 21 now it is clear that this is what he is. A guy who won't have your team being the worst in football, but also a team that's not good enough to make the playoffs on a regular basis, it at all. I firmly believe that if they don't make the playoffs this year he needs to be gone.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1 year ago I posted the above. What's very sad is it is just as relevant, perhaps even more relevant today. :(

Bumping your own post is kinda lame brother.

But unfortunately as angry as I am at Fish right now if I'm the owner he gets the rest of the season. It ain't over yet, even though you might end up being right.

So I guess bump your post at the end of the year if Fish fails? I mean, you wouldn't want to bump it if he wins right? So anyway here's hoping you're wrong.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I agree with the the title of this thread. I'm also not sure Fisher is the answer. I think it's fair to question that. It's early that is the good news! But today is an Eire reminder of what has been that past few years. That being said September is preseason football to me and will wait to see the adjustments we make moving forward. The knee jerk reactor in me is still fuming over today though lol.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Bumping your own post is kinda lame brother.

But unfortunately as angry as I am at Fish right now if I'm the owner he gets the rest of the season. It ain't over yet, even though you might end up being right.

So I guess bump your post at the end of the year if Fish fails? I mean, you wouldn't want to bump it if he wins right? So anyway here's hoping you're wrong.

Didn't realize this was a bumped thread. Feel kind of lame for agreeing with it lol. Been a long day, need week 3 to come quickly

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Didn't realize this was a bumped thread. Feel kind of lame for agreeing with it lol. Been a long day, need week 3 to come quickly

:) Haha. Well you agreed with it for the very reason I bumped it. Because it's crazy spot on relevant a year later. And that is scary. I want Fisher to succeed. I don't want to be right about this any longer. I want my Rams to go to the playoffs. But it seems it's the same old story every year with Fisher as coach.

Oh so you want up to date stuff? Here is Fisher's comment just yesterday night after practice:

“They have a short memory, which is important,” Fisher said. “We got things corrected, and now we have a great challenge on our hands with this coming opponent.”

Sound all too familiar?