I'm not a zombie type of guy.....but

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
I just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was very good. It's nice to see a movie that doesn't heavily rely on gore and entrails to work the shock factor. There were some parts that were implausible (if you really thought about it), but other than that, it was a good film. A relatively soft ending, but at least it didn't make you say, "WTF kind of ending was that!?!?!"

I just got a chance to see it too. I'm on basically the same page as your. I would have liked to see a bit more blood, but Im glad they didnt rely on it like many zombie movies do. I thought they just kinda blatantly avoided it. It was a good movie.

I'm really interested to see the original ending. I guess they had to go back and reshoot the final 40 minutes. I hope they put the alternate ending on the Blu-Ray. If they do it'll mark the first time I have bought a Blu-Ray in over a year.
Here's kind of an explanation of how it was originally intended to go down.

SPOILER ALERT!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6QgA-ps55I[/youtube]

Hmmmm.... That's interesting. I didnt know the details were out there. Thanks for sharing.

I would like to see that whole Russia segment. It sounds pretty epic.

The original they way the decided to fight the zombies, with diseases, sounds more plausible than using cold weather against them. I wouldnt mind seeing a sequel. They left enough open to where they could definitely do that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I went to see it last night with my girlfriend, I thought the movie was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but it was pretty good. I never read the book or anything so I went in with a pretty open mind.. Not a fan of fast zombies either, I don't understand how a virus makes you into a super hero, but whatever... Few parts were pretty stupid (Navy SEALS couldn't splurge for sound suppressors for a silent op? Nobody watches whats going on outside, etc) but overall it wasn't a bad movie.... At least worth a rental in my opinion.
Yeah, that's the thing. Zombies (people) can't jump off an 80 foot wall and then get up & run with broken legs, and they can't pile on each other 8 stories high and form a human ladder. That's the kinda stuff you're not supposed to think about, and I agree about the Navy Seals part as well. All in all though, not bad. Lots of good "ah!" moments for the woman too.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
I just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was very good. It's nice to see a movie that doesn't heavily rely on gore and entrails to work the shock factor. There were some parts that were implausible (if you really thought about it), but other than that, it was a good film. A relatively soft ending, but at least it didn't make you say, "WTF kind of ending was that!?!?!"

I just got a chance to see it too. I'm on basically the same page as your. I would have liked to see a bit more blood, but Im glad they didnt rely on it like many zombie movies do. I thought they just kinda blatantly avoided it. It was a good movie.

I'm really interested to see the original ending. I guess they had to go back and reshoot the final 40 minutes. I hope they put the alternate ending on the Blu-Ray. If they do it'll mark the first time I have bought a Blu-Ray in over a year.
Here's kind of an explanation of how it was originally intended to go down.

SPOILER ALERT!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6QgA-ps55I[/youtube]

That ending sounds like shit, I'm glad they scrapped that.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I went and watched it, I loved it. Maybe my favorite "Zombie" movie outside of Zombieland

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
The book and the movie have pretty much nothing in common except or the title.

It was changed from a documentary like story to a big dumb action fest to sell tickets.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
El Juggernauto said:
I went and watched it, I loved it. Maybe my favorite "Zombie" movie outside of Zombieland
Ever see Shaun of the Dead? It's a parody (sorta), but I really liked it.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
X said:
El Juggernauto said:

Shaun of the Dead is absolutely a love letter to the classic George Romero zombie movies (per the director and star).
My favorite zombie movie by leaps and bounds.

bluecoconuts

Legend
MerlinJones said:
X said:
El Juggernauto said:

Shaun of the Dead is absolutely a love letter to the classic George Romero zombie movies (per the director and star).
My favorite zombie movie by leaps and bounds.

Yeah, Simon Pegg is a big Romero fan, if zombies run he doesn't consider it a zombie flick. He's a firm believer that dying doesn't make you a super hero.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Saw it in 3D yesterday. It was way more entertaining than I expected.

Total action from start to finish. I wish it would have continued on. It appeared to me that part 2 will be coming soon for sure.