I'm not a zombie type of guy.....but

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I am thinking about going to see World War Z. So this weekend if anyone happens to go see it let me know if its worth it. It seems like its a fun ride.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
From what I have heard, it pretty far from a typical zombie movie. There is almost no blood and guts. They wanted it to appeal to a wider audience so they made it PG-13. IMO that's a risk that could really hurt the movie. Im still gonna have to see it tho

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL I can't think of the last time I saw a PG-13 movie.

I think it was when I was 13 harharhar....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
biggame1190 said:
Im gonna see it. Looks like it will be alright.

I need some cheap entertainment...I'm in a dry spell LOL.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
My fiance read the book and said it is essentially a book about politics and social commentary. I don't think it's your typical zombie flick

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Q: Do zombies have real orgasms or do they fake them too?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
That movie was filmed in Glasgow, Scotland. I know this because I couldnt get around the city for two fucking months, it better be good!

I've read the book, it's an interesting take on the zombie thing with the focus on the aftermath and establishing what went wrong rather than the outbreak itself. Looking forward to the movie.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ScotsRam said:
That movie was filmed in Glasgow, Scotland. I know this because I couldnt get around the city for two fucking months, it better be good!

I've read the book, it's an interesting take on the zombie thing with the focus on the aftermath and establishing what went wrong rather than the outbreak itself. Looking forward to the movie.
That's pretty cool, even if it was inconvenient for ya. Always neat to have a movie filmed in your home town. I remember when "Bad Boys" was filmed in downtown Miami while I was working down there. IMPOSSIBLE to even get down there, so I just took a few days off. lol.

FWIW, I hear the movie strays WAY off the beaten path of the book, so....

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
brokeu91 said:
My fiance read the book and said it is essentially a book about politics and social commentary. I don't think it's your typical zombie flick

Here's Author Max Brooks discusses his book World War Z, and the real idea it represents, at the U.S. Naval War College's 2009 Lecture of Opportunity.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nGG5E04cog[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
ScotsRam said:

That's pretty cool, even if it was inconvenient for ya. Always neat to have a movie filmed in your home town. I remember when "Bad Boys" was filmed in downtown Miami while I was working down there. IMPOSSIBLE to even get down there, so I just took a few days off. lol.

FWIW, I hear the movie strays WAY off the beaten path of the book, so....

Saving private Ryan was filmed in Ireland, it was pretty interesting to see Omaha beach set up in Wexford where people would go to swim.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The book was excellent. From the looks of it, the movie does not follow the theme of the book, at least from the previews I have seen. The book was a collection of interviews, post war, from around the globe. It basically told the story of the outbreak, and subsequent war, through the eyes of everyone from soldiers to blind japanese farmers. Interesting stuff. Mel Brooks' son done good on that there book.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Some reviews are starting to filter in, and they're not great.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah there is a real mixed bag. I think the best one I read said it was "reasonably OK".

I'm not really motivated yet.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
One Word - Disappointment.

Although, I did like seeing a movie in 3D.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was very good. It's nice to see a movie that doesn't heavily rely on gore and entrails to work the shock factor. There were some parts that were implausible (if you really thought about it), but other than that, it was a good film. A relatively soft ending, but at least it didn't make you say, "WTF kind of ending was that!?!?!"

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
I just got back from seeing it, and I thought it was very good. It's nice to see a movie that doesn't heavily rely on gore and entrails to work the shock factor. There were some parts that were implausible (if you really thought about it), but other than that, it was a good film. A relatively soft ending, but at least it didn't make you say, "WTF kind of ending was that!?!?!"

I just got a chance to see it too. I'm on basically the same page as your. I would have liked to see a bit more blood, but Im glad they didnt rely on it like many zombie movies do. I thought they just kinda blatantly avoided it. It was a good movie.

I'm really interested to see the original ending. I guess they had to go back and reshoot the final 40 minutes. I hope they put the alternate ending on the Blu-Ray. If they do it'll mark the first time I have bought a Blu-Ray in over a year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
X said:

I just got a chance to see it too. I'm on basically the same page as your. I would have liked to see a bit more blood, but Im glad they didnt rely on it like many zombie movies do. I thought they just kinda blatantly avoided it. It was a good movie.

I'm really interested to see the original ending. I guess they had to go back and reshoot the final 40 minutes. I hope they put the alternate ending on the Blu-Ray. If they do it'll mark the first time I have bought a Blu-Ray in over a year.
Here's kind of an explanation of how it was originally intended to go down.

SPOILER ALERT!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6QgA-ps55I[/youtube]

bluecoconuts

Legend
I went to see it last night with my girlfriend, I thought the movie was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but it was pretty good. I never read the book or anything so I went in with a pretty open mind.. Not a fan of fast zombies either, I don't understand how a virus makes you into a super hero, but whatever... Few parts were pretty stupid (Navy SEALS couldn't splurge for sound suppressors for a silent op? Nobody watches whats going on outside, etc) but overall it wasn't a bad movie.... At least worth a rental in my opinion.