I'm making serious plans about going to a game; need some advice

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hey guys, I have a great, great opportunity to finally go to my first Rams game when they play the Giants!

But I need some tips.

First, what is a good section to sit in? I prefer either being in the very back of a section or the very front. Aisle or center doesn't bother me; I just don't like being cramped in between a bunch of people (but I'll tolerate it if I have to).

Second, RE Parking, How does it work; do I pay extra for that? I was looking at hotels in the downtown area and holy shit are they expensive. Maybe if I could get a hotel out of downtown and pay for the parking it might be cheaper that way.

Third, it looks like NFL Ticket Exchange may have cheaper tickets. If I buy tix from there, does the fan on the other side see my personal information like credit card and address?

Thanks guys.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think you'd be better off getting hotel away from downtown and driving to the game...you can find reasonable parking if you're willing to wlak a few blocks. I actually usually park on MLK right in front of the Post-Dispatch at a meter, for free.

As far as seats, as much bad pub as the Ed gets, there really isn't a bad seat...though I'd say seats in the upper bowl are my preference, I like to see the plays develop. In the lower bowl you get to "feel" the action a little more but it's sometimes hard to see certain things develop.

We sat in section 453 in the north endzone from 1995-2012...recently moved to section 413 which is midfield on the sideline.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
OK Marriot has a Residence Inn Galleria about $90 a night ,free breakfast and there is a metro link station a block away so you don't have to pay for parking ,if you are wanting "night life" the night before the "central west end " id close and has clubs .
I couldn't advise you on where to sit but I'd bet there are a lot of good tickets for that game since both teams should be out of contention.
I'm strongly considering going to the AZ game .
Which direction you coming from?

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I second getting a hotel near a metrolink station and take the metro, $5 round trip.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys, I really like the Metrolink idea.

@Sum1 you are a hardcore local, and season ticket holder. I'm coming for the first time so I'd like to be close to the action. :lifting: I know that sitting right behind the sidelines is a no no b/c it'll block viewpoints. I'm thinking toward the back of sections 113 to 114.

Also, is it worth sitting at the more expensive tickets? Section 313 or 314?

@Thordaddy it's more than $90 a night; but it would save me $100 or so. I'm coming from Tulsa and was actually over at the Galleria this past summer, so I know the area a bit.

As for as tix, is it better to buy them now or wait until the game gets closer?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd think sitting in the 300 level would be awesome...closer to the action without giving up a view point.

I don't think it matters when you buy the tickets. The second hand value of tickets is pretty low right now...many seasons of bad football, playoffs pretty much out the window, and the rumors of relocation make the availability of tickets pretty easy right now.