I'm just gonna put this out there for y'all...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Rams43 take a look at the new team slogan, unveiled when the team came in the first day. Then imagine the Rams adding a jackass like Gordon.

Now ask yourself if that really makes sense. Be honest.

C'mon, Merlin.

Snead's job includes turning over every stone in an effort to improve the roster.

He's said as much, himself.

So, to me, at the least, he should be investigating Gordon's current background with regard to the drug rehab.

He should be looking into what terms might be necessary to acquire Gordon from the Browns, if he likes the results of the background check.

That's just GM due diligence 101, don't you think?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's amazing the love a guy gets who's only managed to be on the field for 5 of his teams last 48 games.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My bad actually, I didn't notice it was an article from Aug. 2016. But here it is anyways:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rowns-wanted-secondround-pick-for-josh-gordon

Thanks, ... looks like taking the 2016 season off for voluntary rehab changed both the team and Gordon's views on what their future had in store. He'll be going for a good deal less than this with two and a half years out of football now.
Just a prediction, but seeing how much Commish Roger Goodell wants to see the new Rams franchise in Los Angeles succeed, my bet would be on a quick reinstatement for Gordon in the event of a trade. jmo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No. Let him prove himself on a different team. At this point he has had more failure than success.

The posture that he has changed could easily just be that he is desperate for money. I dont hate the guy. I am sympathetic toward his problems, but after years of trying to help addicts kick their habits and join the real world, I have found that there is always an underlying link to the drugs/alcohol that can be triggered at a moment's notice. Even if they want to succeed they can't. It takes a different kind of commitment/will power that doesn't involve hundreds of thousands of dollars in his bank account in a party and fame driven atmosphere like LA.

I truly belie e that instead of football being a way for Josh to focus and avoid drugs, it is a fuel for his addiction in many ways. He won't get clean playing football IMO.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
@Rams43 take a look at the new team slogan, unveiled when the team came in the first day. Then imagine the Rams adding a jackass like Gordon.

Now ask yourself if that really makes sense. Be honest.

Richie Ingognito isn't exactly Sally Sunflower either but if I could have him for a 6th round pick you bet your ass I'd do it. He's the caliber of player that would be worth such a small risk, just like Gordon. If he gets it together, Gordon could easily be the best WR in the NFC West. He could be top 5-10 in the whole NFL.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I get the feeling some Rams fans would favor the death penalty for a pedestrian not using a cross-walk.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's just GM due diligence 101, don't you think?

No, I don't. If you were my GM and you brought in a me-first piece of crap who has only managed to be available for 5 of his last 48 games, and for a young coach in his first year who has placed priority number ONE on a we-first mentality... I would fire you. I'm serious.

It's cool though man, agree to disagree on this one lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the feeling some Rams fans would favor the death penalty for a pedestrian not using a cross-walk.
Naw.....we just want offenders to bowl a little.....:sneak:
6VCSKuW.jpg

Robert

Rookie
I'm totally on board depending on what it takes to get him. The thing that makes me feel he has matured is the fact that when he got reinstated last year he could of put on the uniform and played some games but he took the time to step away from football and put himself into an inpatient rehab program to get help. I hope he can turn his life around and get back to playing football whether it be for the rams or any other team. Could be the next Chris Carter were talking about here im taking the risk

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Once is fluke, twice is a pattern, three times is a trend!
w6N9k_s-200x150.gif

And this goes back a few years before he got to the pros where they actually DO SOMETHING about smoking weed.

He's just not worth it IMO.

He's a mirage..........go look at his gamelogs..........he had a burst of games where he played great but before and after that he was just OK.

No thanks.