I'm in California this week.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Got hitched this past weekend and we decided to get away to Cali for a week. We got here (Buena Park) last night and we're gearing up to be on The Price is Right today (big fans lol).

We're anticipating being done today around 5'ish. What are some good dining/drink spots in LA?

We leave to San Diego on Thursday. Any recommendations there? Activities and such.

This might have to be a yearly trip now since the Rams are here. It would be awesome to run into one of them this trip but highly unlikely.

Sound off LA peeps! Also up for meeting up with some fellow RoD brothers whole we're here.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Congrats to you and the missus. (y)

Haven't lived in California in over twenty years so can't help you much with recommendations. San Diego used to have an awesome zoo. Loved hanging out at the beach in La Jolla. Have a great time.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Got hitched this past weekend and we decided to get away to Cali for a week. We got here (Buena Park) last night and we're gearing up to be on The Price is Right today (big fans lol).

We're anticipating being done today around 5'ish. What are some good dining/drink spots in LA?

We leave to San Diego on Thursday. Any recommendations there? Activities and such.

This might have to be a yearly trip now since the Rams are here. It would be awesome to run into one of them this trip but highly unlikely.

Sound off LA peeps! Also up for meeting up with some fellow RoD brothers whole we're here.

San Diego- you gotta hit El Indios for their taquitos. Buy them by the truck full. Good stuff.

Edit: by the way. If you go to the zoo. My uncle has worked there 40+ years. Your buddy @Roman Snow will hook you up if you want to clean the monkey cage or something. (y)

bluecoconuts

Legend
If you're getting out at 5, you're going to get a wonderful view of our traffic right up close. There are tons of bars in LA and hollywood, so no shortage of places to get a drink. I would recommend going to Philippes though, it's where the French dip was invented and it's very good. Cash only... Not a fancy sit down, but worth it to eat.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Man! Buena Park is my hometown hahahah - and now I live right outside Austin

Buena Park sure has changed since I last haunted there back in 1994 so I can't tell you where to go but even if I could they would only be toke spots :LOL:

* maybe Knott's ....

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Go to Portillos and get the Italian Beef sandwich.

Seriously.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Barneys Beanery then finished the night at the Whiskey a go go.

Look at me talking like some kind of local. Haha! But that's the trip I made my last time thru.

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. So far this trip has been awesome. Just me and the wife, no kiddos. The Price is Right was quite the experience, a lot smaller than it looks on tv. For this curious, my taping comes out on June 21. I'll be looking for myself lol.

As for today, were hitting the beach for lunch then the wife wanted to see medieval times.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. So far this trip has been awesome. Just me and the wife, no kiddos. The Price is Right was quite the experience, a lot smaller than it looks on tv. For this curious, my taping comes out on June 21. I'll be looking for myself lol.

As for today, were hitting the beach for lunch then the wife wanted to see medieval times.

Right next to medieval times is a pirate themed restaurant, if you're into that.

RedRam

Pro Bowler

Congrats! Enjoy your time out here!

Go to Portillos and get the Italian Beef sandwich.

Seriously.

Two guys on my hockey team are from Chicago. They swear by the place. So much so that they're willing to drive down there from Valencia, regardless of the traffic.

Barneys Beanery then finished the night at the Whiskey a go go.

Look at me talking like some kind of local. Haha! But that's the trip I made my last time thru.

That would be the Barney's in West Hollywood to be specific. ;)(y)

I was going to suggest hitting Langer's downtown for lunch if you're Pastrami fans. The beach works though. My favorite thing about living here is the beach. If you're in Malibu, and money isn't a concern, check out Maston's. Well, there's tons of places along the water. Cruise the PCH for awhile and you're bound to find someplace you'll want to check out.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
If you're getting out at 5, you're going to get a wonderful view of our traffic right up close. There are tons of bars in LA and hollywood, so no shortage of places to get a drink. I would recommend going to Philippes though, it's where the French dip was invented and it's very good. Cash only... Not a fancy sit down, but worth it to eat.

Damn BC, good call.
My dad used to work at Alameda and Washington, and I'm talking late 50's, early 60's, and every couple of weeks he'd bring Phillipes home for dinner. Don't know exactly where it is, but it was relatively close to his work. Fantastic french dips - glad it's still there.