I'm gonna just come out and say it...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

Damn, wish I could score a kool- aid franchise...I'd become wealthy even if my only customers were this board...I like it...Think I'll try to make it happen
!!!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I like drinking the Kool Aid! It helps even me out after my steady diet of crabby patties!:yess:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I like the vibes oozing from this thread! I'm always optimistic this time of year but something feels special this year. It's '16 and our new QB wears 16! Coincidence? I think not!!!!:cheers:
:burp:I got a case of beer the other night. When I woke up the next morning....16 empties circle around me on the floor.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
:burp:I got a case of beer the other night. When I woke up the next morning....16 empties circle around me on the floor.
I hear ya. I bought two eight packs the other night. When I got home, yeah, you guessed it. I had 16!!!!! Then I went to shoot pool at the pub, racked the balls, and YES, you know it, 16 of them puppies resting on the slate!! I'm tellin ya these are signs!!!:snicker::nice:

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
What did I miss?

And where did I put that kool aid glass?

You missed a few things (in order of importance);

1. The transition period from ineffective players and schemes to a successful, mature team that knows how to win.

This season we're going to see a lot of Kendricks and Britt. We're going to see our staff hold off on throwing too much at the rookies. And we're going to see a lot of growing pains.

The first 4-5 weeks will be mediocre. Fisher has always taken his time with player development. So, for example, while Kendricks is no where close to the talent that Higbee is, he'll get the majority of the snaps to begin with.

(We also don't know how much of a distraction Higbee's legal troubles are, although that's not as big of an issue as his learning curve.)

At what point does our young talent run the show?

How long will it take our young talent to learn how to win games that they should win (win consistently)?

Who is going to emerge at WR?

2. The Groh and Boras dynamic is potentially dangerous.

Personally, I love Boras. The way he turned around the offense by instilling disciple into the players at the end of the last season is remarkable. His promotion from interim to permanent o-coordinator is well deserved. But what we don't know is how well he is going to work with a guy that has come in from outside. Plus Groh's resume is based on the success that he's had UNDER coaches and players who have excelled elsewhere. I'm not as worried about Boras' ego as I am Groh's.

Boras is a proven commodity comparatively. That said, we still don't know much about Boras' passing IQ, which is why Groh was brought in in the first place.

Does Boras allow Groh complete control of how TA is used?

Does Boras call run plays but allow Groh to call pass plays?

Who decides when they're going to run or pass?

It's a weird dynamic any way you shake it and I am curious as to if there is a successful precedent we can look at to ease our nerves.

3. We don't have a capable 2nd running back on the roster.

Mason fell off the face of the earth. Too much weed, privilege and a complete lack of responsibility to the team are a bad combination and will kill anyone at the NFL level where talent isn't enough. Mason had visions of grandeur, but we now know what he is; entitled.

I love me some Cunningham, but he is a role player.

What happens if a (skinny) Gurley goes down? (I don't think this is a big risk. But we are dependent on him.)

We cannot allow our prized rookie QB to take a beating his first year. We saw what it did to Sam. We've seen what it's done to lesser talents.

4. Los Angeles.

I grew up in CA and was an LA Rams fan back in the day. I'm ecstatic they left St. Louis because I perceive them as having come "home". That said, there are a lot of distractions in LA LA Land. A lot of girls, especially.

As much as I'd like to roll my eyes at this concern, look at the NBA. Free Agent players only go to cities with girls.

And look at a team like San Diego, in the NFL. They can't put together a winning season to save their lives. Even with a top 15 QB.

Southern California is dangerous for 20 year old millionaires.

In summary;

The off-season is my favorite time of the year to be a Rams fan. The last few drafts have been phenomenal.

The biggest risk we face is that our team doesn't learn how to win consistently this year, Fisher gets fired and we start all over again with some tool that talks about horizontal offensive schemes, and pillars...

So while I'll drink the kool aid with you, the reality is that we have to win at least 9 games while transitioning to a young offensive squad, players and coaches, and new city.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I agree

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 131

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I'm in the mood, I'm gonna make a few predictions...

Goff will be OROY. The 3rd consecutive ROY for S&F, btw.

Gurley will rush for 1500+ yards.

Higbee will have made us forget about Cook by the 6th game. Maybe sooner.

Can't decide whether Higbee, Austin, or Cooper will become Goff's favorite target. But it will be one of them.

GRob will become the LOT in '16 that we had hoped for when he was drafted.

If Quinn is healthy, this is a top 5 D.

Gaines will have us asking "Janoris who?" by mid season.

Bryant or Randolph will be our starting deep S.

Ogletree will be a stud at MLB.

Quinn, Donald, Gurley, and Hekker will go back to the Pro Bowl. Barron and TruJo will join them.

Rams go 4-2 in their division.

Rams will be a team that NOBODY wants to play.

Rams finish 11-5 and win division.

Fisher and Snead get a 3 year contract extension and raise.

How 'bout THEM apples? Amazing what you think of with a few belts of 80 proof kool aid, huh? Lol.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
You missed a few things (in order of importance);

1. The transition period from ineffective players and schemes to a successful, mature team that knows how to win.

This season we're going to see a lot of Kendricks and Britt. We're going to see our staff hold off on throwing too much at the rookies. And we're going to see a lot of growing pains.

The first 4-5 weeks will be mediocre. Fisher has always taken his time with player development. So, for example, while Kendricks is no where close to the talent that Higbee is, he'll get the majority of the snaps to begin with.

(We also don't know how much of a distraction Higbee's legal troubles are, although that's not as big of an issue as his learning curve.)

At what point does our young talent run the show?

How long will it take our young talent to learn how to win games that they should win (win consistently)?

Who is going to emerge at WR?

2. The Groh and Boras dynamic is potentially dangerous.

Personally, I love Boras. The way he turned around the offense by instilling disciple into the players at the end of the last season is remarkable. His promotion from interim to permanent o-coordinator is well deserved. But what we don't know is how well he is going to work with a guy that has come in from outside. Plus Groh's resume is based on the success that he's had UNDER coaches and players who have excelled elsewhere. I'm not as worried about Boras' ego as I am Groh's.

Boras is a proven commodity comparatively. That said, we still don't know much about Boras' passing IQ, which is why Groh was brought in in the first place.

Does Boras allow Groh complete control of how TA is used?

Does Boras call run plays but allow Groh to call pass plays?

Who decides when they're going to run or pass?

It's a weird dynamic any way you shake it and I am curious as to if there is a successful precedent we can look at to ease our nerves.

3. We don't have a capable 2nd running back on the roster.

Mason fell off the face of the earth. Too much weed, privilege and a complete lack of responsibility to the team are a bad combination and will kill anyone at the NFL level where talent isn't enough. Mason had visions of grandeur, but we now know what he is; entitled.

I love me some Cunningham, but he is a role player.

What happens if a (skinny) Gurley goes down? (I don't think this is a big risk. But we are dependent on him.)

We cannot allow our prized rookie QB to take a beating his first year. We saw what it did to Sam. We've seen what it's done to lesser talents.

4. Los Angeles.

I grew up in CA and was an LA Rams fan back in the day. I'm ecstatic they left St. Louis because I perceive them as having come "home". That said, there are a lot of distractions in LA LA Land. A lot of girls, especially.

As much as I'd like to roll my eyes at this concern, look at the NBA. Free Agent players only go to cities with girls.

And look at a team like San Diego, in the NFL. They can't put together a winning season to save their lives. Even with a top 15 QB.

Southern California is dangerous for 20 year old millionaires.

In summary;

The off-season is my favorite time of the year to be a Rams fan. The last few drafts have been phenomenal.

The biggest risk we face is that our team doesn't learn how to win consistently this year, Fisher gets fired and we start all over again with some tool that talks about horizontal offensive schemes, and pillars...

So while I'll drink the kool aid with you, the reality is that we have to win at least 9 games while transitioning to a young offensive squad, players and coaches, and new city.

C'mon now... don't hold back.;)